SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Gator, check out the stinky ashtray.

http://www.amazon.com/Stinky-C...shtray/dp/B000GX7LTE

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I think your pic is a little out dated.. I think almost all those sizes need to be a bit thicker in the ring gauge category. My understanding is that in the last 10 years or so, cigar manufactures have added some thickness to most sizes as the demand for larger sizes increased. I find I enjoy multiple sizes.. My favorite is probably the gordo size, but I also enjoy robustos, toros, rothchilds, and torpedos. I really think that my preference depends on the cigar blend. I think I've smoked more corona sized cigars in the last 6 months then ever before.
BTW, congratulations on finding friends that you enjoy (especially when they live close and a DD isn't needed Wink).

Brad, did the WI shoot happen already? Things have been crazy here, and I hope I didn't miss it...? Never mind, I found the thread. I just plan old forgot with everything going on. Shit.. Maybe next year..

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Gator, check out the stinky ashtray.

http://www.amazon.com/Stinky-C...shtray/dp/B000GX7LTE

Stinky Tall

I have a tall stinky and it's great! I got mine in black at CI. My father uses a stainless stinky (also from CI). I find if I need to set just my cigar down, I just rest it on my lighter...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Just lit a viaje zombie red. Nice blast of pepper that settled into some cocoa and leather.

I also prefer Robusto sizes, especially the new ones that are 54 gauge. Ive been smoking alot of Toros lately and they seem to have more flavors than the robusto of the same brand.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just an interesting piece of trivia (to me anyway), in participation and responses, this thread is 2nd only to the Cat thread. The next closest is the Emerson thread in the knife section, and that's a "sticky". Especially cool considering for the most part there is only a core group of members who post in the cigar thread. Thanks Jeff for getting it started.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Should change the title to official cigar thread or something.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Should change the title to official cigar thread or something.

Paging Mr. Yarchin! Please pick up the courtesy phone!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I think it should be "Jeff's Smoking Page"

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The Half Ashed Cigar Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
The Half Ashed Cigar Thread

I like that.

posted Hide Post
Half ashed?! Who you callin' half ashed?

I just lit up a Tat 10th and it is much better than the ones before. Pete was on the mark with bumping up the humidity. I still am not sure if the oils returned or it's mental, but I like it!

Try a Stinky brand ash tray. That is the main one that is used at CI. I have a polished stainless "one finger" for the garage and will look into a larger one once I figure out what I want.

Oh I'm also drinking a Dundee English style ale that is quite impressive.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Picked up a jar of the Warped La Colmena Unico today, about to smoke one now...hope it is as good as advertised!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Ronin1069, I smoked the Crux Classic you shared with me at the WI shoot. Very tasty, smooth, flavorful and great draw and burn. They list a Michigan shop that carries their stuff so I'm going to try and score some more of them. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Thanks for sharing. If you get to the shop, be sure to try a Crux Bull and Bear! Also, let me know the name of the shop - I'd love to let the guys know where you are finding their sticks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Ave Maria Ark of the Covenant this evening. Just kit it up so nothing to report yet.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
New thread title.... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
This is quite a good cigar. I'm getting a sweetness out of it. Not sure what it is but not chocolate or molassas though. A little bit of dough flavor, maybe sourdough?

What do I win for being the first official post with the name change? LOL!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Are all the SF BOTL okay with the new thread title?

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I do enjoy all of your smoke critiques and what you like. I did have a smoke with a friend last week in Chicago and for the life of me I cannot remember what one I picked?

Thanks for keeping this thread going so long!

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you remember anything about the band on the cigar? Was it good?