SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Jay, I don't know if you plan on getting to Nicaragua, but I would take him up on that for sure!!! I'm really like Drew Estate more and more!

I would like to go eventually, My mom and My grandma (moms side of the family) Are from Estelli. I've researched flight prices and its dirt cheap as far as central/south america goes. Maybe next summer.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Enjoying my first ever Cohiba. It's a Red Dot. Damn fine flavor, heavy on molasses and maybe some bitter chocolate with a touch of white pepper. Tough draw is my only complaint.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Out of all the Cohibas I smoked only a couple had a good draw or good build, always something with those overpriced sticks.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was beautiful here and I made up my mind early today that I was going to smoke a Tatuaje 10th anniversary Miami when I got home from work. What a disappointment it turned out to be. They have seemed to have lost their wonderful flavors that they once had. It burned great but just wasn't the same without the flavors. Pete will be at CI on Friday, so I will ask him about it if I get the chance.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
So your going to ask Pete Johnson why the cigar you just smoked sucked. Good luck with that LOL!

Did you know that the 10th anniversary is supposed to be the same brown label cigar with only a closed foot, different band and comes in gold foil. I personally think the 10th anniversary smokes much smoother. I think there is a blend difference but that's not the official tatuaje line.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
They came out almost a year ago so they have likely been through and moved into tobacco from a different growing season.

The TAA are all supposed be the same blend. I have smoked them all, the 2011 was the best followed by the 2014, with the 2012 being the least flavorful of them all.

My usual sarcasm should be ignored, maybe rather than about the blend maybe you could ask him about variations in the growing seasons and how they try to account for that in quality control. Then bring up your experience with the 10ths.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm not stupid! I was going to ask if anything has changed and just that, how do they keep the flavors consistent from one stick to the next.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How was that compared to the Edge?

One more thing on the Tat. The one I smoked yesterday was one of the original releases that I know had the flavors. The newer release is in cellophane and the original was not. I wanted to compare the old to the new and I think it is just that age has not helped this cigar at all.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Down to the last stick from goatboyz karma, a Perdomo ESV. Started of really bitter but settled into a nice creamy smoke with a slight pepper undertone.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last evening I talked to Pete Johnson about the 10th anniversary and he had a quizzical look on his face. He asked what my humidor was at, 63-65% and he told me that is on the dry side. Too dry and the oils get drawn out and cedar and spice come to the front of the palate. I should bump up to 67-68% and the oils should remain. Most of all, he told me to experiment with my second humidor to see what I pefer and if it will help. Overall, a great guy that shot the shit with me for a good half hour about lots of things.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for you guys. As for me, I'm in bliss, puffing on my Kirsten pipe, loaded with eight-year-old FVF (Full Virginia Flake by Samuel Gawith). It's pure heaven – rich, buttery flavor and oh, so smooth. I only allow myself one bowl of this stuff a week, usually on Saturday morning. Sigh.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Glad you're enjoying your smoke. I will be smoking some meat later and enjoying a smoke.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The padron are a really good smoke. The macanudo I haven't tried. You could karma them off. Or smoke them with some good Bourbon.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
re: the Padron

If you are not going to smoke it, then offer it to a friend who has knowledge of quality cigars. He will be very greatful, I promise!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Macs are going to be a let down compared to most of the Padrons.

Since it's derby day, I'm sitting on my deck smoking some of the nice small batch stuff I picked up in Ybor City a couple of weeks ago and sipping mint juleps.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Posts: 418 | Location: Virginia/North Carolina | Registered: March 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Blantons and a perdomo special vintage 12 given to me by Nick perdomo sr. They are aged a bit longer in the Bourbon barrels after being rolled. A great smoke! Smoother with more spice and Bourbon flavors than your average 12 year.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Finishing an Ezra Zion

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Another Monte #2 last night before the fight. Paired with the Knob Single Barrel.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Another Monte #2 last night before the fight. Paired with the Knob Single Barrel.

A near perfect combination!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post