SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous! I'd love to try one but can only find them in 10 packs for more than I want to spend.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
About a quarter thru it, an excellent smoke and very well constructed- a little windy here and just one minor correction. There is a taste I am getting that I cannot place - more to follow...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
about an hour and half smoke - took it down to the nub. I think I picked up a bit of espresso, that was the flavor I was trying to place. I don't know if I've seen these at my B&M, but I will look tomorrow...this is something I would absolutely smoke again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje Apocalypse the cello was yellow. It Is smooth with some cooking spice.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a little bit of catching up to do. Friday night I went to my brothers place to help him brew his first batch of beer at his new place. It has been over a year since he brewed last. While there I smoked a Tatuaje 10th anniversary Miami. I had to do a little experiment with these sticks. Originally they came in the box without cellophane on them and the flavors were very present and three distinct changes. The newer ones all have cello on them and...well...taste like garbage. I pulled a few out of the cello and are sitting in the humidor. I grabbed one of these with the cello removed and really brought the cigar back to life. I did not get the three changes but it was like a Tootsie Roll from start to finish. If you get any of these new ones in cello, take them out of it to store them.

Yesterday I needed to get the tractor ready for mowing grass, so that included scraping the deck and sharpening the blades. I grabbed a My Father Special white label to smoke while I worked. This one had a slight pepper kick to it but still nothing like they were when fresh.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Saw Leemur talking about Man o War and realized I had an Armada in my humidor, honestly I don't even remember buying it but I am going to smoke it tonight and see how it is. Hoping for a great smoke!

Okay someone educate me on the Armada. Went online to order more and they are $20 for a stick I've never even heard of? Now I've never been one to shy away from an expensive cigars, but $20? And that is "online". They'd be closer to $25 - $30 at my B&M. At first I thought this was like Gurkha inflating their prices and then offering a super-deal, but I cannot find any super-deals on these.

What am I missing?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Ronin, My understanding is they are a much more limited release... I'd give it some more time. A year ago you couldn't get them unless you bought a whole box, now you can find them in 5 and ten packs and in samplers.. The MOW Ruinations were the same way (just less money to start with).

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well I am going to follow this for a bit...as far as I can tell Man-o-War is pretty much and 'internet only' smoke, makes me think I am missing out on some good labels by buying primarily from B&M.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
hemmingwayd and cigar of my father.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, this is from CI's webpage about the Armada. http://www.cigarsinternational...40/man-o-war-armada/ It sounds quite interesting but not sure about the price on them. I will say that the Ruination and Virtue are fantastic sticks for half the price.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting outside smoking a Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro that is quite good after the first third. It must have taken that long to open up and release some flavor. There is a bit of pepper but not too much. Smooth smoke and another flavor that I can't quite figure out yet.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
on the back patio, listening to birds singing and working on a Liga Privada #9 and a Brooklyn Brewing chocolate stout.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This evenings cigar of choice was an Oliva V nub and it was fantastic!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Going with a Laurora 2004 - for such a light wrapper this thing is a beast.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Sitting out, smoking a Surrogates Tramp Stamp that has 6 months of age on it. An inch in and it is getting better every puff!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
The sun is out and it's a beautiful day so I decided to soak up some sun and smoke a JD Howard Reserve single action (lancero) that I got in a contest. A very interesting smoke.. Again it's a bit thin for my taste, but once in a while it's nice to broaden my horizon (plus it was free Big Grin). Now I'm smoking a Jericho Hill. This cigar is more my style! Roasted nuts, molasses, and a cedar note. The burn and construction is also fantastic!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
You guys familiar with Cigar Dojo? What do you do there? I signed up and "don't get it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What do I have here? A buddy gave me this, said it was something special. the print on the band is super tiny. The best I can get is maybe 'la flor dominican', but I cannot find anything on line by that name with this band. The artist appears to sign his name "Jacob".

Any ideas?

Here is a close up of the band:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
That is a la Flor Dominica it was a limited release for a Museum. Not sure which one but its old also 2010? I think

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing some yard work this afternoon and I grabbed a La Gloria Cubana Serie N.

I discovered that I do not have much of a variety in my humidor at this time. I may have to pick up a few samplers or a bunch of single sticks just to add some variety. The "off" cigars that I do have, I don't want to smoke while I'm working only relaxing. Destino Siglo, Opus X, Pepin 10th Anniversary, Diesel Wicked to name a few.