SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Brasilia uses an Arapiraca wrapper. This wrapper has less sweetness and generally more subtle maduro flavors than a traditional maduro wrapper. I really prefer it to a more traditional sweeter maduro wrapper.

There are not many cigars which use it.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The torano exodus 50 year uses that wrapper, but it is paired with some very spicy tobacco. Both are good smokes, I never wouldve tried the brazilia if Lee hadnt sent me one.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A chilly, overcast 41* and I'm sitting outside smoking a Camacho Havana. I must be crazy

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Your actually sitting and smoking? No snow or ice to shovel?

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Partagas 1845; paid too much at a local cigarette store, but my humidor was empty.

Any reviews on the CAO Cameroon? Might try a box of those next - enjoyed the CAO Maduros I just finished.

Eric

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No snow or ice...but I had to be sure the water was flowing through the culvert. I think it will be good until it dries up some and I can get in there and dig around. And yes, I was able to sit down and enjoy a cigar!

Duckhunter, I have not had a Cameroon but it looks to be a medium bodied cigar. Let us know how they are if you get them.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
No cao Cameroon, have not had a Cameroon impress me yet.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Speaking of cameroon, a coworker just gave me an Arturo Fuente Flor Fina cameroon in the 858 size. I might have to give it a go this weekend.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Putzed around this afternoon on my brother's truck.. Smoked an Alec Bradley Family Blend and Diesel Hair of the Dog. I've never had the HotD before, and liked it. It was definitely full bodied and not one I'd smoke on an empty stomach. Perfect burn, and it never needed to be touched up or relit. Notes of toasted spices and a earthiness that slowly morphed into a leather and roasted nuts.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My Father #4

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys try Brick House? I've heard good things, but was not all that impressed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I've had a few Brick Houses and I agree with you. Decent value but there are much better stogies out there. I unfortunately do not enjoy smoking "value" cigars. If I'm going to put that tobacco in my body, I want to enjoy every second of it. Haha.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Any of you guys try Brick House? I've heard good things, but was not all that impressed.

Edit
Note to self post less while drinking

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GA Gator,

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Sticking with the my father theme "gold of Nicaragua"

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I'm about a 3rd into this fuente and not impressed, about to put it out and try a new hand rolled in store that serious cigars has.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
So I put the fuente down and bought a hand rolled. Ron bought a yield of aged tobacco and hired a roller, all Nicaraguan with a dark wrapper. So far it has a great kick! Good spice, excellent draw and construction. I'm buying a few extra to age at home.

Eta- watching this guy roll cigars is mesmerizing. He is really good.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The hand rolled was a great smoke!! Lots of spice on the front and back end and some great flavors in between. I picked up a few to age but definitely going to smoke some fresh one while they're available.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tonight's selection from the humidor. One of my favorites from the Edge series.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Huge thank you to Jaywendland for a bag of awesome kindness. Just finished the Perdomo Edicion de Silvo, bold and full smoke.

Yes, it is 4:27am, I just haven't gone to sleep yet, so no I am not having a full bodied cigar as soon as I wake up. Big Grin
A kydex bender's work is never done, or at least if he wants to keep happy customers he works late.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just had my first grandchild and gave the proud papa a box of Rocky Patels to hand out.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency!

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Posts: 418 | Location: Virginia/North Carolina | Registered: March 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post