SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Burning for this evenings enjoyment is an Oliva V torpedo with a Red Hook Blondage ale!

I have not had a Tatuaje black...yet. It is on my list to try though.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Lots of Rocky Patel lovers here. Have had some of their Pura Cubanos and they were very nice.

I picked up some Kristoff Sumatras tonight. looking forward to these. Haven't had any Kristoffs in awhile.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally rustled a Liga Privada #9 (a purchase inspired by SIGforum) out of my humi last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was settling down in the humi for about three months. Verrry smooth, but the ash burned kind of odd, doing a sort of 'split' for almost its entire length.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, the Drew Estate "tulip" ash. J/K I've had others that tuliped on me too. But I have heard of his doing it more than others.

That V I smoked tonight was good but not quite as good as the V nub I've had. Not saying it was bad, but those nubs are wonderful.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Im trying to visualize the tulip ash. In my mind it seems cause 180 rotations and not 90 in the humidor but thats just a guess.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Fathers day present from my youngest son Brian.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Im trying to visualize the tulip ash. In my mind it seems cause 180 rotations and not 90 in the humidor but thats just a guess.

Apparently no one knows for sure either. Could be the tobacco used, how tightly it's rolled, or what is in the soil where the tobacco is from. Though that is the first I've heard of rotating the cigar 90* versus 180*.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
quote:

Apparently no one knows for sure either. Could be the tobacco used, how tightly it's rolled, or what is in the soil where the tobacco is from. Though that is the first I've heard of rotating the cigar 90* versus 180*.
well its a cylindar espeically if its up against the side of ur humidor would it be equally moist if turned half turns as opposed to quarter turns? Again just a guess im no expert. I can say when lighting they say 45 degrees and quarter turns for an even light. Humidification I think could be the same concept.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

Cigar plus protection

Flor de las antilles, cigar of my father

its the 2012 cigar of the year.

posted Hide Post
Smoking a Camacho slr maduro perfecto. Mmmm, mmmm good!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have become quite a fan of Crowned Heads cigars they have Headly Grange, Four Kicks, two limited releases out now Las Calaveras and TAA special Angels Anvil. I had the Angels a Anvil last night it was a good medium bodied complex cigar. I will likely go with the Calaveras tonight.

If you haven't tried them give them a try the Headly Grange is a great regular production run if you can't find either of the limited releases.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cigar plus protection

CI had a special on those not too long ago and I bought a box of 10, but have not smoked any of them yet.

How do you 'rate' it?

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:

Cigar plus protection

CI had a special on those not too long ago and I bought a box of 10, but have not smoked any of them yet.

How do you 'rate' it?

Thanks,

Rob

Im a fuente and LGC series R guy. With that said its the cigar ive been looking for. I also recommended to two local friends which is now thier go to cigar. Out of 100 id say 95+. Smooth, tastey, and just the right amount of strength. Close as I can get to a cuban siglo 4 for 9 $ 5 $ online. My new go to cigar.

Still enjoy an opusx and hemmingways but my fathers cigar is top notch. Ot has yet to disappoint sny of my friends. Dont go bigger than the toro.

posted Hide Post
Smoking a My Father on the deck. First plain My Father I've had. This is a quality Pepin cigar like the rest. I smoked another My Father Special last night as I was looking for a pepper bomb and it didn't disappoint. I smoked a Serrogates Tramp Stamp last night too that's been aging for about 4 months. Holy cow that was a flavorful cigar. I didn't care for the fresh out the box one but age did wonders for this one.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I've never had anything from Camancho before but recently added one to the humidor. Ended up choosing the Camancho Triple Maduro. It has a Maduro wrapper, Maduro binder and Maduro filler! I was told not to smoke it on an empty stomach, haha. Not sure if I will like it or not but it interested me enough to try!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few old slr Camachos and the havana Camachos and my brother has the original triple maduros. He compared the old blend to the new blend and it was not as good as the old. You may want to leave it sit and age for a little while or smoke one now and age one to see the difference. I have not tried any of the new blend Camachos yet but some say they are good and others say the old Eiro sp? blends are better. Hell, smoke it and tell us what you think!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petr,

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
I've never had anything from Camancho before but recently added one to the humidor. Ended up choosing the Camancho Triple Maduro. It has a Maduro wrapper, Maduro binder and Maduro filler! I was told not to smoke it on an empty stomach, haha. Not sure if I will like it or not but it interested me enough to try!

YOu will like that triple maduro. Fair warning on the 'empty stomach'. This and the CAO Soprano are one of the few that give me a post smoke belly ache if I smoke without food in the system.

Try a la gloria cubana series r or cohiba red dot dominicana (white label). I got a kick in the balls when I kicked off the year with those 2 on an empty stomach. Full on fetal position.

Side note if ur looking for a bfast cigar diamond crown which is outsourced by AF was wonderful st 7am.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
If you like tatuaje and full flowered cigars try the Fausto Avion it is based on a blend called thermonuclear. The blend was number T110 the eleven is from the scene in spinal tap and turn the amp up to 11.

Fresh out of the box they are overpowering I have some with a year of age and they are really good.

http://www.newhavanacigars.com...Cigars_com_s/107.htm

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to look for that one next time I'm at Cigars International. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: After seeing the band I have one in the humidor now!!! Perfecto grande '11 to be exact. I also found out last week that CI will no longer be dealing with Pete Johnson so I better get cracking.

posted Hide Post
I'm smoking that Avion now. Good solid smoke that started out as a pepper bomb, mellowed and is now returning half way through. I also had 2 cheesebugers (not in paradise) before this.