SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
...I would just add a couple extra 68 or 72 until you get the desired humidity.

OK, thanks, Ronin.

I’m assuming you know, but just in case. Do not mix humidity packs, either all 68 or all 72.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do. I tried them some months back, I think some 68% or 69%, just the two they recommended. Couldn't get the humidity over about 61% or 62%, though I left them in the humidor for several days.

Maybe I'll ask Santa for a better humidor, since mine was part of a beginner's offer from CI, and is probably not the best. In my current situation (non-smoking building in a not-so-good neighborhood) it's rare that I actually get a chance to smoke, so I'm not inclined to spend money on anything right now.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Thought I put this up. The tatuaje little boris is up for sale. I believe this ship to Corona this week.

https://www.coronacigar.com/pr...Boris-Cigar-TJL10LB/

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Scored a bottle of the SNS knob creek barrel pick.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Scored a bottle of the SNS knob creek barrel pick.

I was late getting to the site..all gone. 120 proof. Eek

Enjoy

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I shared a few Perdomo Small Batch 2015 with friends. A great Connecticut wrapper cigar.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
If you haven't already, try the perdomo champagne.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Good sticks over the last two days. RA Gigantes with some age on it in the early afternoon yesterday followed by a Monte 2 in the evening. Today was a Feral Flying pig. Still two more days to this great holiday weekend.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Little Boris really good. I had a R&J Short Churchill (2014) last night and I would have to say this fresh lil boris is better.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
It's been quiet lately. What extraordinary sticks does everyone have on tap for this upcoming week?

Think I plan on enjoying Cohiba Maduro Genios, a Monte Dante or two, a Feral Flying Pig, and maybe a custom Alex roll courtesy of Mr. Yarchin. Should be a good week.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I finally found some BLTC in a store in Toledo while there last week. I’m going to be smoking a Bishop’s Blend and a Morphine.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
It's been quiet lately. What extraordinary sticks does everyone have on tap for this upcoming week?

Think I plan on enjoying Cohiba Maduro Genios, a Monte Dante or two, a Feral Flying Pig, and maybe a custom Alex roll courtesy of Mr. Yarchin. Should be a good week.

I had one today, they have really come around. Enjoy, and let me know if you liked it.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy but I'm enjoying the 60° first day of winter with a La Gloria Cubana Wavell

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I was gifted a Arturo Fuente Opus X for Christmas. I'm just an occasional cigar smoker and not knowing just how rare this cigar is, I smoked it and did not take a picture with protection. At least I paired it with some Four Roses single barrel bourbon Eek

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
I was gifted a Arturo Fuente Opus X for Christmas. I'm just an occasional cigar smoker and not knowing just how rare this cigar is, I smoked it and did not take a picture with protection. At least I paired it with some Four Roses single barrel bourbon Eek

Curious. Did you enjoy it? I ask because I have a number of Opus that I don’t smoke because I’ve found I don’t like them, but put a Fuente God of Fire in my hands and I’m in for a great treat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:

Curious. Did you enjoy it? I ask because I have a number of Opus that I don’t smoke because I’ve found I don’t like them, but put a Fuente God of Fire in my hands and I’m in for a great treat.

I prefer a milder/medium smoke and I liked this one. I don't think this was a full bodied cigar though. It did have a darker wrapper, but it tasted more like a medium cigar. It's the Perfection X, as seen in this set. https://www.mikescigars.com/pr...collection/box-of-10

I usually smoke cigars like Baccarat robusto with Connecticut style wrapper. I enjoy them with coffee. The price point of about $5 dollars a stick is rather easy on the wallet as well. I'm just a part-time smoker though as I only have 1-2 sticks a week.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
https://www.cigaraficionado.co...3mRqJDzYcLfj2qnRieJE

Video: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/...utm_source=share_url

Patriots Celebrate Super Bowl Win With Padrón Cigars

FEBRUARY 4, 2019 | By David Savona

Patriots Celebrate Super Bowl Win With Padrón CigarsMark Humphrey/AP Photo

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft holds the Vince Lombardi trophy after NFL Super Bowl 53.
Winning your sixth Lombardi trophy calls for serious celebration, and so yesterday after his New England Patriots won Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, owner Robert Kraft broke out the cigars in the locker room.

And not just any cigars—these were Padrón 50th Anniversary cigars, packed inside a special version of the Padrón 50th Anniversary Limited Edition humidor that had been painted with the blue found on the Patriots logo. The word “Patriots” was also emblazoned in silver across the lid, and attached to the inner lid was a plaque that reads “We Are All Patriots.”

The cigars were a mix of maduro and natural, arrayed in a one-two pattern somewhat reminiscent of a piano keyboard. (Kraft and various news reports incorrectly described the smokes as 50-year-old cigars. They are actually commemorative cigars that first hit the market in late-2014 to honor the company’s landmark anniversary, so they can be no more than four years old. However, they are made with exceptionally old tobaccos inside.)

“Are we allowed to smoke in here?” Super Bowl MVP Julian Edelman, who posted 141 yards receiving in the game, asked Kraft, as a helper was unwrapping the humidor. (Fox Sports posted a video of the locker room celebration here.)

“Yes,” Kraft said. He bent down, turned the key to the humidor and opened the lid. Then he gave Edelman the first cigar. Edelman quickly asked for a cutter, then thanked Kraft for his generosity.

“One each guys,” Kraft said with a huge smile.” When told he had a 53-man roster, he said “We have a couple underneath.”

Kraft, a 77-year-old billionaire who bought the Patriots in 1994, told Cigar Aficionado in 2017 that he began smoking cigars when he was in his late-20s. “Now, I only do it on rare occasions—like after winning the Super Bowl. … We thought it was special to celebrate a victory with very high-quality cigars, and the players loved it.”

With six Super Bowl victories since 2002, those wins aren’t so rare. Kraft’s Patriots have been the most dominant team of the past 20 years. Kraft passed out Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series cigars in the locker room in 2017 after his team’s win over the Atlanta Falcons, and that move caught the attention of José Orlando Padrón, the founder of Padrón Cigars, and his son Jorge. That’s what led to the creation of this one-of-a-kind humidor.

“Mr. Padrón made this for us. I told him I would hold it for a special occasion,” said Kraft. Making the special humidor took a considerable amount of time; Jose Orlando Padrón died in December 2017 and Jorge Padrón sent the humidor and the cigars to Kraft in October 2018.

“The idea was to just do it as a way to thank him for having given out our cigars at the Super Bowl,” Jorge Padrón told Cigar Aficionado. “He said ‘I’m going to save it, and I’m going to give it out when I win the next big game.’ ”

That win came fairly soon, only two years after the last Patriots victory. This won was a tough defensive struggle, with the Patriots holding on for a 13-3 win over the Los Angeles Rams.

The cigars Kraft passed out to his team are not only rare, they are superb in terms of quality. Cigar Aficionado rated the natural version of the Padrón 50th Anniversary Limited Edition 94 points. The cigar has a suggested retail price of $40.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The article I read told a different story, about most of the team members passing and only a handful actually having a smoke. A very generous gesture from Robert Kraft and the Padron Family. I bet they are amazing smokes.

posted Hide Post
I’ve been enjoying the Barrel-Aged Maduro from Perdomo recently and really enjoy it. My tobacconist said that I shouldn’t be able to detect the bourbon but it was pretty delectable on the retrohale. Definitely recommended for those who enjoy medium to full body sticks.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I do. I tried them some months back, I think some 68% or 69%, just the two they recommended. Couldn't get the humidity over about 61% or 62%, though I left them in the humidor for several days.

Maybe I'll ask Santa for a better humidor, since mine was part of a beginner's offer from CI, and is probably not the best. In my current situation (non-smoking building in a not-so-good neighborhood) it's rare that I actually get a chance to smoke, so I'm not inclined to spend money on anything right now.

My experience is that in the winter in cold country, it’s just harder to get, and keep the humidity up. It helps to have your humidor at least 3/4 full. I like my humidor at 66-67%. Right now 63 is about the best I can do.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post