SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Last minute offer

I am going to renew my Saints and Sinners membership tomorrow and can bring one person on board with me.

Anyone interested? Not sure of the cost this year, but over $100. I figure if you know what I'm talking about, you know what you are buying.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ronin I’ll take that great deal if you don’t mind!

Email is in my profile to let me know how to get money to you.

Awesome!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Ronin I’ll take that great deal if you don’t mind!

Email is in my profile to let me know how to get money to you.

Awesome!

Perfect. Watch for an email later tonight - it will explain how to register yourself and pay.

To add - The Email will be from S&S, not me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I may renew my SnS membership as well. Anyone else interested in joining?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I may renew my SnS membership as well. Anyone else interested in joining?

I'm interested if there will be whores, tits and sex Big Grin

Jay I am interested if you do renew...thanks

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well there is a tatuaje smoke called the whore. Big Grin

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I will let you know tuesday. Expect an email.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
JustJoe
Ronin
Steelcityfishanddive

You win! Send me your addresses and I'll get a package out to each of you.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying a PLPC this evening, one of my favorites.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Very nice, and congrats to the winners! Very generous of you Jeff.

AVO Improvisation Classic Covers 2015 Vol 2 Toro for me on this fine Texas evening.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Woo-hoo!

Mille grazie, Jeff!

Big Grin Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Woo-hoo!

Mille grazie, Jeff!

Big Grin Big Grin

sei il benvenuto, divertiti! Attenzione è un pendio scivoloso!

posted Hide Post
Guys - Respectfully I wanted to ask for a little help please from the SIGForum friends here in this thread please....

My oldest son has just started enjoying an occasional cigar and has started gathering a small selection of various cigars to try. He currently smokes 1-2 a week and when I was visiting him last week he showed me his current collection, which was about 25-30 cigars....

Now the funny part of this story...He showed me his humidor and it is a Tupperware container full of ziplock bags separating each different type cigar.. I told my wife since his birthday is June 28th We should buy him a good quality affordable humidor that he can use and maybe grow into so I need to ask if the good folks here could recommend an affordable humidor that would hold at least 50 but no more than 75 cigars...I would like to spend about $100-$150 max if possible...

Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
A Tupperdore is actually a very consistent, easy way to store cigars. The wooden ones frequently leak.

I’d recommend getting some Boveda packs for humidification. I like the 65% ones for a Tupperdore.

The boveda packs are available in cigar stores or online.

If you want to go a bit fancier, these acrylic humidor are nice. I’ve gifted two of the small ones:

https://bovedainc.com/store/ac...eda-acrylic-humidor/

https://bovedainc.com/store/ac...rge-acrylic-humidor/

If you want to go with a nice wood display piece, you need to spend several hundred dollars for one(i don’t have a wooden humidor, so i dom’t have any good recommendations).

Avoid the cheap $100 Chinese ones. They just don’t work.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tupperware works just fine with a humidity source. I.E. Boveda packs or a humidifier for humidor. But, since you asked about an actual humidor. I recommend the El Diablo from Cigars International. Bang for the buck in this case. It says it holds 300 cigars but in reality it holds about 150-175 before things get cramped. Most humidor cigar counts are based off of corona sizes which are fairly small. I probably had 200 in mine and it was stuffed. I could barely close the lid.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
As mentioned Tupperware is a great solution.

Maybe a nice lighter or cutter instead?

posted Hide Post
This evening I am smoking a Pistoff Kristoff trying to relax a bit. We lost a great man this morning as my Grandfather passed away. A farm boy, Navy veteran, Reading Railroad/Conrail welder, welder for the Reading Fairgrounds racetrack. He worked on cars for customers in his shop in the back yard. Worked on farm equipment in the area for local farmers in their fields or barns. He taught me so many things. We rebuilt a 1932 Ford Model A engine together for someone he knew. We worked on a lot of cars, trucks, tractors, lawn mowers together as well as anything else that needed to be done around the house and shop. He was a great man with a huge heart. Poppop, I cherish the time we had together. Until we meet again. I love you, ya bum.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I have used Tupperware as an overflow storage container so they work. However it is nice to have an actual nice humidor.

I think it's a great gift idea. In your price range I'd go with a Savoy brand sized large. These operate best with 40-60 cigars so he will mostly fill it once he seasons it. I wouldn't buy a box smaller than 100 count. Once you out grow this it's Tupperware, cooler, or a refrigerated cooler.

https://www.emersonscigars.com...city-100-cigars.html

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Not all budget friendly humidors leak. I would avoid glasstops as those tend to leak. Savoy has been good to me in the past. I've had 3 and gifted 2 to friends/family after I got a couple wineadors. I still use one as an overflow or dry box. Mostly a dry box.
The Savoy bubinga that gator linked works great. That was my first humidor purchase and I still have it.

One of the best gifts you can give him honestly would be to sit down and have a smoke with him. The humidor would come second to that.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cigars can quickly become a hobby of sorts, collecting, buying and smoking them becomes addicting really quick. When i first started smoking cigars I was reluctant to purchase boxes since i had nowhere to store them. My wooden humidors filled up faster than I could smoke them. Looking back, I wish i wouldve have spent the money on a good wineador early on. If the heat in Ms is anything close to Texas them I'll bet your/his house stays in 73+° range. Which can be a problem for desktop and Tupperware humidors.

The CC 100 is a great little wineador and it maintains temps and humidity really well. NewAir CC-100 250 Count Cigar Cooler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N..._apa_i_ZvPeBbSRVY4AG

Using heartfelt brand beads maintaining humidity is as easy as spraying them a couple times lightly every 2 months or so.