SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly good. Medium body and quite flavorful. Not too much pepper. That lasted close to 2 hours as well.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Hi guys. I’m off to the ISOM today. I won’t have internet access there so I wanted to offer my imaginary friends karma for when I get back.

This karma is for a fresh, custom rolled cigar, rolled for me in Havana. I’ve ordered a thin gauged cigars as they are my favorite.

I’ll ship once I get home and quarenteed these stick to prevent tobacco beetles....vacuum pack, freeze, then fridge for a few days. Adios now now.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safe travels Jeff and have fun!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Safe travels Jeff!!!

Post pics if/when you can. Learn lots.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Safe travels Jeff. I want to see pictures when you get back and settled in.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Very cool day at the Florida Sun Grown/Drew Estate Barn Smoker event in Clermont, FL. Drove up with two buddies from Tampa. The farm was pretty soggy from all of the ran we've been getting over the last week. It was amusing to try and watch a Mercedes sedan drive through an obvious mud trap. I guess they said Damn that mud! The mud won.

After watching that you go check in. The give you a tupperware/travel humidor full of swag and then you give them $10 and they in turn gave you over $150 in cigars -Liga Privada A, Liga Privada Velvet Rat, Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend, Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Fermented Limitada, Larutan NDB, FSG Box Press Ltd, FSG Toro, FSG Robusto, FSG Belicoso, FSG Sixty, Undercrown Maduro Coronet Tin, and Undercrown Shade Coronet Tin.

The education behind the process was pretty cool. Getting to ask questions directly to John Drew, Jeff Borysiewicz (owner of Corona Cigar Bars, Davidoff in Tampa, and FSG), Master Blender Willy Herrera, and Pedro was also a very nice aspect of this. Everyone got to plant their own tobacco seedling in the field. The catered bbq lunch was very good and of course several libations to sample as well.

They were doing various Drew Estate and FSG raffle items on behalf of Cigars for Warriors. I picked up 10 tickets for $20. As usual they were going through the items and I had nada. Down to the very last item we go. We start gathering or items when they start calling out the last ticket. Holy shit! I just won the mega FSG standing ash trays. Pretty cool. Practical? Probably not, but who cares. It's pretty cool and a good memory with friends. I'll put it on my pool deck in my covered smoking area.

A very solid event and well worth the $90. Thanks to Drew Estate and Jeff Borysiewicz. Now we're thinking about doing a guys trip to the Cigar Safari down in Nicaragua.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like good times! Too bad nobody does anything like that around here, because I'd attend! It's impossible to even find a place to smoke around here.

That ash tray's pretty cool, too! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great time. Steelcity, didn’t realize you are in Tampa. We spend February down there. We should get together for a smoke.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Very awesome, looks like fun. I may have to make the drive to one of those events sometime.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to snap a picture of this morning's La Flor Dominicana Air Bender I had...BUT I remembered this evening's selection!

Alex Bradley Mundial I picked up on a recommendation from Terry at CI. So far it's good.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
A Quai d'Orsay 50 and a mojito

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GA Gator:
A Quai d'Orsay 50 and a mojito

Snip

How do you like those QDO’s?

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Awesome, I LOVE it. I got a box about 6 weeks ago. This is my third one, second this weekend.

Medium strength with great flavors.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The new QDs are awesome even fresh.

posted Hide Post
Roma Craft Neanderthal tonight.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Dammit, I’ve got to find me some of those.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Asylum Oblongata tonight. The cigar tore open when I cut it...damn! It's still a great smoke, just a pain in the ass.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
My happy face

posted Hide Post
Don't smoke them all! Looks like Cuba is treating you well.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Awesome, I LOVE it. I got a box about 6 weeks ago. This is my third one, second this weekend.

Medium strength with great flavors.

Thanks for the tip! I tried one today and bought a box. I love these. Great cigar for morning coffee.