SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Picked up this super rare Backwoods....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Cut it open. I've heard rumors/stories about whats inside those.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. I need to buy another box before they are gone.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I love the cigar, blend, etc. and I have had a box and a half. The construction and burn were below average for a premium cigar.

Have you had the same experience.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to look into that tool. Thankfully I have only encountered one cigar that was so plugged I had to toss it.

Enjoyed a nice San Cristobal on Friday afternoon and had a Monte Media Corona after lunch yesterday. The Monte MC is a good 30min, after lunch cigar. Really good flavor in a small package. This was my first Cristobal from a box I purchased. Pretty good stick with a decent price.

https://i.imgur.com/54wm7Oe.jpg

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I love the cigar, blend, etc. and I have had a box and a half. The construction and burn were below average for a premium cigar.

Have you had the same experience.

The burn on 90% of them has been terrible. I bought 2 boxes, just cracked open the second one amd plan on ordering a 3rd. The first box i removed them all from the wrappers and put on the top shelf with boveda 60% packs and this helped quite a bit. The really bad birn diminished to just minor touch ups. Ive had 2 out of the second box and so far 1 needed minor touch ups and the other needed none.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Today's enjoyment. Pardon my fat finger typing in my previous post.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
This was my pre game smoke to celebrate the Jag victory over the evil empire....oh well a great smoke anyway

Siglo IV

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Smoking this Southern Draw Jacobs Ladder tonight with a lot of questions and no answers.

My beloved Dixie is going to be 13 this March. Old age and arthritis is taking it's toll. She still walks without aid, does the stairs up and down without aid, eats and drinks normal, runs around outside and jumps and plays. Not like a puppy, but as much as an older person does. Getting up onto the sofa and the bed, she struggles. Needs a running start. My wife thinks it is time as she feels Dixie is suffering. Hell, I'm suffering. My back is killing me most everyday. Is it time for me? Is she suffering? Is it time? Will I be killing my dog? Am I killing my dog? A piece of me will be going with my Dixie. I don't know that I can. Is it too soon? If I wait, will it be too late? Damn it!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will I be killing my dog? Am I killing my dog? A piece of me will be going with my Dixie. I don't know that I can. Is it too soon? If I wait, will it be too late? Damn it!

I'm so sorry to read this Pete. At some point you will know that your pup's quality of life is so bad that you are keeping Dixie alive more for you, than for Dixie.

Something to consider, many vets will make a housecall and do it in your home.

Again, very sorry. All of us who love a pet know that this is a decision that we will be forced to make.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
...My wife thinks it is time as she feels Dixie is suffering...

Old age isn't suffering, it's just old age. Sounds to me like Dixie is doing fine.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. My wife has backed off. She knows I am upset with her and understands why. I talked about it and stated that she doesnt need any assistance at this time, so Dixie is doing well for a senior dog.

No pictures, but I am smoking a La Flor Dominicana Andelusion Bull this evening.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
...La Flor Dominicana Andelusion Bull...

How in the hell did you manage to get it??? They've been out of stock at CI, I think ever since they were named 2016 Cigar of the Year, and I've been waiting for some to come in.

Did it live up to expectations?

And, I'm glad our reassurances helped regarding Dixie. BTDT.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A small store local to me has/had them. I am not impressed with the ones I have had from here though. I was gifted one from Gnut that was sooo much better. Chocolate milk smooth.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
They are still out there but you got to get away from Cigars International, I still have two left from the box I bought and they've been hit-or-miss either milk chocolate or not very good.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The real question is how was that southern draw cigar? When I met one of the Reps 3 or 4 years ago they only had two Blends and both of them were terrible and he couldn't give them away he was trying to give them away but there weren't very many takers. And now they've got several Blends in top 10 and top 25 lists?

posted Hide Post
The Jacobs Ladder was good. Very full bodied and some flavor changes.

posted Hide Post
Two Thumbs Down! Got it! Thanks, guys.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Hey Ronin check your avatar size.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Tonight's choice is a Cromagnon candella.