SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It has been a long time...I am smoking a La Flor Dominicana Andelusion Bull this evening. The kitchen is just about finished and I will post pictures after this finishes up. I have a couple hours until that happens though. So enjoy your Sunday evening in the mean time!

Posts: 2826 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I had a VR Fomasos last night. Man was that good.

Posts: 923 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Glad this thread is still alive. I had a VR habano last week that was really good, add to that a Nat sherman 85th anniversary which was fantastic.

There will be whores, tits and sex.
Long live the Republic of Texas.

Posts: 4083 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried a Torana Dominica that I got in a CI humidor special today. Couldn't keep it lit, it burned unevenly, but I'll say that when I could keep it going it was a pleasant taste. Only smoked about half of it before giving up.

Next on the list, I think, is a 5 Vegas Series "A" from the same humidor special. Might be a few days, though, as we're kind of busy.

I have to figure a better way to fill my Colibri Firebird lighter, too. I think there's too much air in it, and not enough fuel to support a good flame, and in fact it wouldn't light at anything less than all-the-way-open. Guess I'm used to Zippo lighters.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

Posts: 7123 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you purge the air out? Just push that insert piece down with a knife point or something. You’ll be able to tell air from the fuel.

Posts: 923 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know I have to do that. There's a lot of air, but there's also a fair amount of fuel in it that I don't want to splatter into the air. Maybe I can do it outdoors.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

Posts: 7123 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished purging and refilling the lighter, and it definitely took more fuel this time! It also lights better.

Now all I need is some time to smoke a 5 Vegas, or maybe a Rocky Patel, since I got some of them a couple weeks back.

-- H L Mencken

posted Hide Post
Ramon Allones small club corona. Hope everyone is enjoying a smoke this weekend.

Posts: 4083 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 11046 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's really light.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Should be a law of physics or sump'n.

-- H L Mencken

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I don't post much to this thread but do smoke about 5 cigars a week.

One of the harder to get Fuentes is the Anejo, I just got notified that they released some. This is one my favorites, I ordered a box of the 46. They don't last long and only release twice a year.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday was a good day. Smoked a Ramon Allones Specially Selected and a Liga Privada #9 in the afternoon. Looking forward to Thanksgiving as I have a VR Don Alejandro lined to escape the in-laws for about 2 hours.

posted Hide Post
I'm sitting at the Polynesian resort at Walt Disney World smoking a Fallen Angel from quite a few years ago. A well deserved vacation!

Posts: 2826 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, the last night of vacation before the long drive home. I am celebrating though with a Cohiba Nicaraguan I bought at the resort here. $20 for this here. Uhg, I can't wait to get back to normal prices for everything!

posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful Fallen Angel, petr. Nice shine to the wrapper, smooth and well-cut. CI carries them, so I'll get a sampler next time I order.

-- H L Mencken

posted Hide Post
Had a very nice Monte PE this afternoon. I really do enjoy those.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Had a very nice Monte PE this afternoon. I really do enjoy those.

I really enjoy this one as well.

Posts: 659 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume you're talking about a Montecristo, but what's a PE?

-- H L Mencken

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I assume Petite Edmundo. Which is a very good Cuban

Could be Professional Engineer, Physical Education or something else. Who knows

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2766 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post