SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
I could have sworn that CI had one on their website just a couple weeks back, but now I can't find it. Maybe it's something they have occasionally, or rotate through as their inventory gets replenished.

They are custom made, I just cannot remember by whom.

That was a Facebook guy...can't find it.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Trying this out this afternoon.
https://imgur.com/a/fWCKk

Make sure you report again, when you get to that Montecristo. They're out of my price range, but CI has a special going, and...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Those montecristo are pretty dang good.

It was a facebook guy making the nub tools, called Troy's Woodworks. Heres something the mrs bought me for our anniversary from him.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Trying this Patel decade out today. It's pretty tasty.

https://i.imgur.com/42NDR7f.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/2FVBA

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, that is mighty nice of you. Thank you very much.

I'm enjoying a La Flor Dominicana Air Bender this evening. My Dad came over Friday evening and again this morning to help with cabinets. We got the corner base cabinet in and him and Mom had to leave. I started getting cabinet next to it all leveled up when I stood up. It didn't line up with the cabinet above. "That's where the stove goes. WTF?" I mumbled to myself. Sure enough, they made/sent/ordered the wrong corner cabinet. It is 33"x36" and they have the lengths reversed from what we need. Home Depot is standing by it and will order tomorrow. One to two weeks wait time though. Uhg!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Hey John,

You were one of the guys I looked up to when I joined the cigar thread and started taking cigars seriously. Anything I sent your way was not even close to the value that I have gained by you and other members of this thread.

The generosity here is amazing.

In that spirit, I think I should send out some of the H Upmanns I just ordered!

They are the H Upmanns by AJ Fernandez - I have a box of these coming:

I'm thinking that I only need five of those to be happy. Five more are on your way, and ten more are up for the asking. Some of the best cigar bang for your buck I have had in forever.

Oh, and good luck in your new job!

Received today...thank you!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Let us know what you think!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Had a few Partagas No. 2s in the humidor for a while.

Took a couple over and my neighbor and I smoked them. Started off OK, but by the halfway point - wow, did these things get harsh. Like put them down for 10 minutes harsh. Neither one of us even got close to burning it down to the label. I can't remember how much I paid for them, but whatever it was it was too much.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
What kind of partagas? Cuban or non cuban?

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
No way was it a P2 or E2 Eek
Had to be the Dominican from General Cigar at least I hope

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
They were Cubans that I bought in Paris.

Plato

posted Hide Post
Thanks to the generosity of Firlough, I'm sitting on the back patio enjoying one of the H. Upmann Fernandez's he sent.

What a nice cigar. It draws very, very nicely and seems very creamy, not harsh at all. The first third seems to have hints of nuts, with just a little spice.

Thanks again Furlough!

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Excellent! Let us know what you think!

Finally getting a chance to smoke one of these tonight. Absolutely one of the best cigars I’ve tasted.

Pairing with Bellhaven Scottish ale, I guess you could describe the beverage as rich nutty and smooth.

What a fantastic combination!

Thank you so much!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had a few Partagas No. 2s in the humidor for a while.

Took a couple over and my neighbor and I smoked them. Started off OK, but by the halfway point - wow, did these things get harsh. Like put them down for 10 minutes harsh. Neither one of us even got close to burning it down to the label. I can't remember how much I paid for them, but whatever it was it was too much.

If it was a Partagas P2 torpedo size i can understand, they are the spiciest/most peppery smoke in the Partagas line up. I wouldnt call the last half harsh, though the last couple inches does border on harsh, most of the cigar has that partagas sweet earthy flavor and then all of a sudden you get hit with some heavy pepper thats really surprising for a Party.

I would bet they were a bit too moist, and by halfway you had some tar buildup that made it harsh. Dryboxing helps alot if they seem too moist, especially the larger ring size smokes as they tend to hold more moisture than smaller smokes.

Furlough, i believe I made the offer before, if you're ever in my area or have a free night for a smoke send me a message/email I have some nicely aged Partagas and Ramon allones we can smoke.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Jay, yep that was exactly it. A P2 torpedo. Started off nice - I even commented that this is how a cigar should smell and taste. About halfway through - boom! What just happened? And yeah, there was some tar buildup. Gonna have to try the dry boxing for the two remaining ones.

And thanks for the offer!

Plato

posted Hide Post
Visiting friends who came down to Disney for the week. Olivia V, best I had so far. I came across the FOH site so naturally have a couple packages coming in the mail. Very excited for those.

https://imgur.com/a/gv9hE

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got this sweet offer sent to me from CI. 10 Rocky Patel’s for $10.
https://www.cigarsinternationa...tar-sampler/2006843/

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Mine arrived Saturday and went into the humidor to rest up from the trip. I'll give them a couple weeks, at least.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they are best Rott (right off the truck) and i have no willpower when it comes to cigars.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Sometimes they are best Rott (right off the truck) and i have no willpower when it comes to cigars.

I'm sure you're right about that, and with ten of them sitting there staring at me every time I check the humidity in the humidor, I may well succumb.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18