SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there different retailers like JR or Thompson who have decent sampler packs or other retailers where you can select several singles?
I look forward to indulging with some assistance from the SF members.

Mikes Cigars has excellent samplers, they come out of Miami so you'll have your package in a day or two, however you'll pay sales tax, on the plus side always choose super saver shipping for $0, I compared two orders on the same day, one with $0 and one paid shipping, both arrived on the same day, so go $0

http://www.mikescigars.com/

Cigars International has good deals, JR Cigars as well,

Stay away from Thompson Cigars, they are located in Tampa, but they are less than desirable as they become email harassers and try to enroll you in a club, I've had friends enrolled by agents, get a bill and then spend an hour on the phone fighting to get it stopped, Skip Thompsons....

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Small batch has a great cigar of the month sampler club. You get way more than the 50$ it costs. https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/sbc-cotm-club

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I placed an order for a Small Batch surprise. I left some notes in the comment section as to what I've tried and that I usually drink good bourbon, rum, and brown beer. Looking forward to see what arrives.

I currently have what I think is a 50ct glass top humidor with hygrometer on the front of it. My buddy gave me one of the longer, rectangular plastic humidifiers and one small square one. I hit them with some of the 70% humidor solution that I picked up from a local shop. Do I need both of them and are those even sufficient? As of this morning the hygrometer was reading at 60%. Should I consider a cheap digital meter?

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I strongly recommend you get a good one. Read the responses to my neophyte questions on the previous page, and you'll see that Jeff and Ronin both had recommendations based on proper humidification.

My new one is a Western Caliber IV that I got from Cigars International for $22, and I can tell you that it's much more accurate than the old ones we had laying around for several years. They're shown as backordered as of last night, but I'm sure you can find others.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
There are some good ones on amazon as well, i would just use Boveda packs over any solution or sponge hydrometer. Order the boveda 65%, 2 or 3 of the larger ones, you should only need 1 for a humidor that size, store the rest in a tupperware as they will never lose humidity that way, and when the one in the humidor gets dry you can move it to a tupperware with a damp paper towel and it will dehydrate rehydrate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jaywendland1981,

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
i would just use Boveda packs over any solution or sponge hydrometer.

^^^^^
THIS!

I would not even consider using anything but Boveda packs with my Cigars.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next question - Leave the cellophane wrapper or remove when placing cigars in the humidor? I'm reading that cellophane is porous and will still allow cigars to absorb the humidity. Will the different flavors begin to blend if you remove the wrapper?

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Next question - Leave the cellophane wrapper or remove when placing cigars in the humidor? I'm reading that cellophane is porous and will still allow cigars to absorb the humidity. Will the different flavors begin to blend if you remove the wrapper?

Lots of opinions on the cello issue but the consensus seems to be that it doesn’t matter.

It’s okay to mix cigars in humidor with the exception of flavored cigars...keep those separate.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked the same question about cellophane when I got my humidor from CI. They said to leave the wrappers on, that it is porous.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This was my weekend, Monday, and last night. Put down the backer board, laid out the tile to make my cuts, install tile. Let it dry for a couple days and grouted last night.

Had to tinker with the wet saw, get a new blade, burned up a Craftsman 1/2" drill mixing the thin set, borrow a drill from my brother.

Mowed grass on Tuesday with the tractor, self propelled Lawn Boy wouldn't stay running. Ran great tonight though! IDK, thought I would need to rebuild the carb. Thought I would give it a try before I ripped it apart. Good thing I did!

Tonight I am smoking an Eiroa as I can finally taste...after three weeks of not being able to. Oh this fucker is good! I'm sore as hell and needed this to relax a bit.

Tomorrow after work the cabinets get hung on the wall. Then I have holes to drill for plumbing in the floor and the base cabinets will be installed after that.

I didn't forget about y'all, just been busy!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Damn Pete when you're done there will you come remodel my bathroom? I have some 20yr old Avo's I'll share.

posted Hide Post
Tempting, but I don't know that my back can take it. I told my wife, "I need a massage after this."

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Send me an email Pete and i'll send you an avo and a couple others.

posted Hide Post
My SB mystery sampler pack and Cuban Cutter showed up today. Amazon says my Caliber IV digital hygrometer was delivered but its M.I.A. Anyone ever tried some of these sticks?

Then I picked up these from a couple local shops.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of rocky patel but everything else you got is good, havent had the macanudo or cloud hopper. The cloud hopper are popular right now. The mason dixon had 2 different blends in 2015 and 2016. So 4 total. I only had the broadleaf wrapper which i think was 2015, but it was really good.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Guys, I want to buy another one of those cigar holdes that some of us have. The ones that screw in half and can be used to hold the cigar when it is down to the nub.

Anybody have a website?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Facebook pm sent John.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
...The ones that screw in half and can be used to hold the cigar when it is down to the nub...

I could have sworn that CI had one on their website just a couple weeks back, but now I can't find it. Maybe it's something they have occasionally, or rotate through as their inventory gets replenished.

Edited to add:

Close but no...err...
https://www.cigarsinternationa...accessories/1502701/

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could have sworn that CI had one on their website just a couple weeks back, but now I can't find it. Maybe it's something they have occasionally, or rotate through as their inventory gets replenished.

They are custom made, I just cannot remember by whom.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Trying this out this afternoon.
https://imgur.com/a/fWCKk