SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ooooooo Jeff. I want one. What country exclusive is that?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Ooooooo Jeff. I want one. What country exclusive is that?

UK, wish I bought more of these. They are long gone, from 2010:

Hunters & Frankau is pleased to announce the arrival of the Por Larrañaga Regalìas de Londres, one of the two Regional Edition cigars that have been authorised by Habanos S.A. in 2010 exclusively for the United Kingdom. (The other, the Flor de Cano Short Robusto, a Petit Robusto size, is expected at the end of November.)

Brand: Por Larrañaga

Retail Name: Regalìas de Londres

Factory name: Gordito

Flavour category: Light to Medium

Dimensions: 50 x 5 ½” (141mm)

Presented in 1,200 numbered, labelled boxes each containing 25 cigars, the Regalìas de Londres has been made at La Corona factory at 520 Avenida 20 de Mayo, in the heart of Havana.
Each cigar bears two bands, one for the brand, which is a recreation by Hunters & Frankau of a century old design, and the other declaring “Exclusivo Reino Unido” or “Exclusively United Kingdom”.

WHAT DOES REGALÍAS DE LONDRES MEAN?
he nearest translation into English of Regalías de Londres is “Gifts from London”. However the word “Regalías” has another particular meaning in Spanish that relates only to Cuban cigars. It was coined during the 1850s and 1860s by Havana’s cigar manufacturers to describe cigars of the highest quality, which were specially packed in decorated boxes for export. Other lower quality cigars of that period were placed in packing cases containing a thousand pieces each and shipped around the world to be repacked at their destination.
In a price list dated July 1912 produced by a British cigar importer called Melbourne Hart & Co., which is in Hunters & Frankau’s archive, there is page offering twenty four different sizes of Por Larrañaga cigars. Amongst them is one called Regalías de Londres. It came unbanded in a box of 50 and was an unusual shape by today’s standards. Measuring approximately five inches by 42 ring gauge, it was a little shorter and substantially thinner than the cigar that is presented as a 2010 UK Regional Edition, which is more in keeping with today’s style.
Nevertheless Hunters & Frankau felt that the name was so appropriate for Britain and that it should be re-introduced and, once again, re-created the century-old design for Por Larrañaga’s band, which was first used in 2007 on the Magnifico, in a new size especially for the Regalías de Londres.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Those look great, but I can't make out the label. I've asked before, so I'll kindly ask again.....if a photo is posted, please include text of what it is. It would REALLY be helpful when I go to shop for said stick.

Thanks!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^^ I posted everything about the cigar in my post following the pictures.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff. I will ask around from some of the sellers i deal with. Have you had the La escepcion Italy regional? Have a line on either 3 or 9 boxes, I'm grabbing one and Gerry is probably grabbing one. Any interest? If you've had them are they good? Worth the price? Probably about 400 a box. Trying to talk him down since i dump a few hundred a week with the guy.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
There is a Por Larrañaga Sobresalientes UK edition from 2014. Wonder if they are similar?

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
^^^ I posted everything about the cigar in my post following the pictures.

Oh...duh! I thought that was in reference to something else. Thnx!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
There is a Por Larrañaga Sobresalientes UK edition from 2014. Wonder if they are similar?

They were similar, both have plenty of PL caramel but the Regalias is a bit stronger and a bit more refined.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I had an HC recently... surprisingly good. I can't remember exactly which one though.

I came across 20 of these for $35 + 6 shipping = 41
HC Series Black Maduro Toro (6.5"x52)
Anyone know if they are they any good?
https://www.cigarsinternationa...oro/2003834/#p-96330

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
They sound good, of course CI makes everything sound good. Thats a great price for a honduran and dominican filled smoke.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ready for the eclipse-olypse down here in south Texas!

Trying imgur for my cigar pics...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Crap. It worked, but it is yuuuuuuge!

I did it in the imgur app on my phone. Any easy way to shrink that down?

Sorry guys!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Idk how to resize on imgur. Thats a huge pic! And a good smoke.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tonight's main event.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the Ramon Allones Robusto XXL Edition Regional Belux?

Thinking of giving these a try.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cant go wrong with most regionals, and if they arent good fresh try again in a few months. I have been trying to buy 2 boxes of each lately, or boxes of 25 or cabs of 50. That way theres enough to enjoy fresh and let them age.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some recent smokes.

AVO Tesoro 2008, thanks Gerry, fucking incredible.

Medaille orr, spelling? Great smoke. Lots of flavor for a small ring.

Black honey, not as good as the hype honestly.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cheers.

posted Hide Post
Glad you are enjoying the smokes, Jay.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
3 that I've never tried before.

Sobremesa Short Torpedo;
Alec Bradley Mundial PL#5;
Cao Flathead V660.

All part of a CI promo to select a 5 pack from 3 groups. I especially like the AB Mundial, a 5.1x52 perfecto, but all are good cigars in the medium to full range.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post