SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Nice! Stuck in the Crashpad for a while so my sticks will be limited to what I can find at the local shop.

BTW Ronin, I was just giving you shit in that other thread! Good luck in the interview buddy!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW Ronin, I was just giving you shit in that other thread! Good luck in the interview buddy!

No worries, I did not take it any other way! Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a busy week here. Our annual shut down for a week started last Saturday. I have been hanging drywall, designing and buying cabinets for a kitchen remodel we will be doing, swim team meet, the usual running around that happens when you have time off from work! While i have been having a cigar a day, I have not posted them. Today's though, a Roma Craft Neanderthal deserves attention. Damn I enjoy these!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

This is a good cigar.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This one was damn good.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wonderful morning, sitting on the deck since 8am drinking coffee with a Monte White. Umbrella is just big enough to keep rain off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
My first tat red band. This is a great smoke.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This evening's choice. La Flor Dominicana Air Bender

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Owners of my B&M are at the Vegas show. Just posted this and promised they'd be carrying the lighter sets....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Damn those look good.

posted Hide Post
Ave Maria Reconquista this evening.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
If you haven't tried one yet the Four Kicks Mule Kick is a pretty damn amazing smoke. There's still some out there, last i checked small batch had 5vers for sale.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Weekend starts now.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
OK fellas. I'm stuck in Memphis for about 6-7 weeks for training. There is a cigar shop about 5 miles from my crashpad that has turned out to be just the thing that I need.

For the past 10 days or so my schedule has been show up at 7 or 8 AM and be done by 2 PM at the latest. I go grab a late lunch, stop by the crahspad to change clothes and hit the cigar shop by 3 or 3:30. It is a Tinder Box, if anyone is familiar with them. Very good selection, friendly staff and in this one at least 12 chairs to kick back in and smoke.

I have been using my afternoons to study (the iPad and earbuds) and smoke something.

One thing I told myself, just because I could - everything I smoke will be something new to me.

So the first day there I am strolling through the humidor and something catches my eye - a turquoise band. I pick one up and I see H Upmann on the big band an AJ Fernandez on the small band. Well this should be good!

And yes, that was one hell of a nice cigar.

Two days ago I show up and again do the walk through, looking for something I have not seen.

I find something that looks good. I take it out and ask the two guys working what the story is on this stick. Neither one has smoked one, but they hear good things about it.

Good enough, let's go.

An All About Kings Foreverlast.

I lit it up and was impressed. After about 10 minutes I decided to find out what the hell this cigar was. To the Googles we go!

Drew Estate and Caldwell together? No wonder it was so good! Shit, I need to snag a whole lot more of these while I can!

Bottom line - I am having a lot of fun (and so far very good luck) just trying something different. And in my case just mostly random. This place has a very good Drew Estate selection, so every time I walk by the Dirty Rats and UF-13s and say "Nope, not today. Today is for new cigars..." I hear them cry just a little bit....

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thats something i miss about living close to a good lounge. Walking around and looking for something new.

posted Hide Post
That H. Upman is a great stick and very reasonably priced.

I am smoking a Pistoff Kristoff at the moment. I was told to sit on it for a bit. After about 6 months I couldn't take it any more and decided to fire it up. Quite good! There is a sweetness, like cane sugar in there. Full bodied but not punch yo momma full.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Hearing alot of good for the Pistoff. Guess i need to add it to the long list of smokes to buy.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Had an Olivia something tonight on the patio... delightful!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
On vacation had a bunch of great smokes.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, did you fly to Cuba?!

Tonight's selection is a new favorite but in a maduro wrapper. I had natural before and grabbed this chisel tipped maddie recently.

La Flor Dominicana Air Bender maduro