SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Time to bring this to the top of the list again. Sitting outside smoking a Viaje Zombie Antidote. This is a good smoke that recently hit the shelves.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I am currently smoking a Gurkha - The Beast 6.5X60 while typing this reply.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I just had ups drop off Crowned Heads TAA 2014 special release.

It's hard to summon the will power to let them acclimate. But they were actually warm to the touch from riding around in a hot truck all day.

Petr how was the Viaje. Their line is really hit or miss. I had a summer fest it was aweful, but I really like some of their other cigars.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a good smoke. Definitely a full bodied smoke. Flavor wise was good as well. I picked up some coffee, cocoa and some pepper as well. It didn't have many transitions in it. I think it was off though due to a tight draw that imparted tar build up and flavor as well. I loosened the foot up and it transitioned almost instantly. Unfortunately, that was towards the end of the smoke though. I have another in the humidor for comparison when I light it up. Even with the tight draw it was a decent cigar overall.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I had off today, so I spent it in the garage and doing some work from home (on the laptop outside). Started the day with a Gurkha Legend. Then I moved to a La Flor Dominicana Chisel tip, Ashton Heritage, Rocky Patel vintage 1992, and ended with a Alec Bradley Tempus. All told, I spent about 8 hours working and smoking. The LFD and Ashton were cigars that I'd gotten when I was in Georgia at USASS last year, so they were special cigars that I'd been waiting to smoke till a lazy day...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few Tats in the humi as well. A Tatoo and two 10 year Miami's. Had a Jason that I smoked recently too that was very good. I am looking forward to the Pudgy Monsters.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
My top four:

#4 Gurkha Fuerte
#3 Gurkha Expedition
#2 Gurkha Titan

All the Gurkhas are relatively mild. A light full body, I guess. The Titan is too expensive to smoke too frequently. I think they ran about $20 per cigar when bought in bulk. The Expedition and Fuerte are way less expensive and, IMO, only a little behind the Titan.

#1 Camacho Liberty 2009

I picked up a bunch of these and have a few still hanging around. I smoke these alone - because I'm not giving any to anyone, and I hate giving someone a worse cigar than what I am having. I like it with a good American stout beer, preferably a Blue Mountain Dark Hollow Artisanal Ale.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I really like the Viaje Exclusivo Leaded. It uses medio tiempo tobacco similar to the Cohiba Behike, and the La Palina Goldie. It is a complex medium bodied cigar.

The Tatuaje pudgy monsters are selling out quickly. Newhavanna.com had some the other day and they also mention more will be shipped later this summer. I put a box in a shopping cart on another site and went back the next day and they were sold out.

If you haven't tried Las Calaveras from crowned heads give them a try they are produced in the my father factories and are very good.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I had a hemmingway work of art. Had frre 10 $ to the cigar shop, now o went to buy a liga privada number 9 but the cigar guy who led me to "my fathers cigar" said he preferred it and the WOA over the no.9. Since hes called it right I skipped it. Was a surpise since it was 5 + more dollars.

He also said the liga privada no.9 had changed blends since its original release about 4 times but the first run was amazing.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I like a lot of the Rocky Patels, the Edge is one of my favorites though.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The first Liga Privada #9 I smoked was the standard corona (I think they call it the parejo toro) and it was fantastic. I bought it at a shop and smoked it immediately there. The other day I smoked the #9 robusto and was less impressed. It's been in the humidor for about 4 or 5 months so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. It still drew like a dream but the flavors didn't pop at all.

It's been a few months but I had a Tatuaje Reserva Cojonu 2009. I was "a few" bourbon drinks in but I recall that I liked it very much. That's what it's all about, right?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had a Drew Estates Java maduro the other day and it was incredible. Smoke so thick you could grab a handful and put it in your pocket. It burned really fast though and at $8 each it won't be a regular.

I know a lot of people trash Thompson Cigar but I've had great luck with them so far. Got a brown bag sampler with some quality sticks in there. Oliva, nub, Rocky Patel and some Gran Habano. Surprisingly their house brand Nitro coffee infused was really good and I just got a box of 40 for $35 shipped.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, the best Drew Estate cigar I've had has been the L40 dark. The cost of it though sucks. I do have an "A" waiting in the humi and an Undercrown too. I am not a fan of the #9 and the Undercrown is a revisit to see if my palate has changed.

posted Hide Post
Drew Estate Liga Privada #9 is my personal favorite!!!!

Posts: 245 | Registered: October 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed an Drew Estate Liga Privada #9 last night. Thanks for the members here recommendations was a real nice smoke.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
LP's are like Glocks on this site everyone loves them and at some point you have to have one.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

The edge used to sell really cheap right? Thats the only RP ive ever liked.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoking a Tatuaje tattoo 10 year Miami. This is one fine ass cigar!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Smoking a Tatuaje tattoo 10 year Miami. This is one fine ass cigar!

Tatuaje black label corona Gorda for me. Yes they are great. I really like the 10th anniversary cigar. It is my measuring stick for a cigar and determining where it is a good value. If I smoke a cigar and think I could have had a TAT 10th anniversary for the same price and it is not as good a cigar. Then for me that cigar is not a good value.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon is my go to.

Posts: 45 | Location: DFW | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post