SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
Thanks guys. It's a beaut! I've got all the drawers set and some of the dividers just placed for now. Set-up was a breeze. Put the water in bins in the back-bottom. There are fans that sit right on top and route through the walls and top.

Yes Jay, it temp and humidity controlled and has a demist function in case the doors start to mist up.

I've got each side set right now to 68 degrees temp and 64 RH. And, I've got 4 digital hygrometers set in different places just to get a feel for what the various zones are doing. The top will go higher on RH according to the instructions so I will store sticks that need some aging at higher zones.

Tick tock, tick tock...

I'll get more pics up as things progress. I'm super excited.

Looks great! It would be a good idea to salt test the hygrometers to check calibration.

http://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a pdr Flores and Rodriguez Connecticut vallet reserve Azul, long name. While the kids shoot some bb guns.

This had what they call a Connecticut broadleaf rosado wrapper, I am not too impressed for the price, its a decent smoke, some spice and a pepper retro. Has that mineral twang like a broadleaf, but none of cocoa and coffee flavors.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Gnut, it's a Drew Estate event. Got 10 great cigars for $10 (2x as it turns out - there's an after party event at Corona Cogars).

Got a tour of the farm, picked some tobacco, there was a guy hand rolling "farm rolls" - basically all wrapper.

4 Rivers BBQ, lots of drinks, raffles. It was a blast. Well worth the $90 ticket.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Thanks guys. It's a beaut! I've got all the drawers set and some of the dividers just placed for now. Set-up was a breeze. Put the water in bins in the back-bottom. There are fans that sit right on top and route through the walls and top.

Yes Jay, it temp and humidity controlled and has a demist function in case the doors start to mist up.

I've got each side set right now to 68 degrees temp and 64 RH. And, I've got 4 digital hygrometers set in different places just to get a feel for what the various zones are doing. The top will go higher on RH according to the instructions so I will store sticks that need some aging at higher zones.

Tick tock, tick tock...

I'll get more pics up as things progress. I'm super excited.

Looks great! It would be a good idea to salt test the hygrometers to check calibration.

http://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer

Jeff, does this work on digital hygrometers? I have four placed throughout to see how everything matches up to the digital readers on the cabinet. Those can also be adjusted.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It works on all hygrometers but not all are adjustable. You'll know how much you need to compensate on the non-adjustables by the results of the salt test.

posted Hide Post
Ok thanks. I've done this on analogs before.

BTW, how are things going for you, physically? I think you've been a great inspiration to a lot of folks on this forum.

We are just down the road in Maiden. The wife and I may ride up one weekend to the pet store and say HI Smile

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Here we go.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder Jeff these are great.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of smokes today...

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok thanks. I've done this on analogs before.

BTW, how are things going for you, physically? I think you've been a great inspiration to a lot of folks on this forum.

We are just down the road in Maiden. The wife and I may ride up one weekend to the pet store and say HI Smile

Neighbors! Alway welcome a visit from a SF member AND a BOTL!

All is well with me, thanks for asking. Still losing weight but it's much slower than the first month. So far, down 33.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ill give a better review when things are less chaotic here. I was busy getting the smoker going and I had the kids running around. The first 3rd of the JG was all cocoa and coffee with a heavy cocoa retro. Got very creamy and peppery as it burned down. With the cocoa getting heavier. The last 3rd was a pepper bomb.

posted Hide Post
Found this Padilla serie 1968 while digging through my stash. Not sure where I got it so I lit it up.

Wow, what a surprise. Very leathery and creamy and notes of mineral earth. I enjoyed it.

Also, for those that find it tough to neutralize or freshen your cigar breath, I find this to be very useful. I travel to India and found out about it there. Amazon has it.

Will and Duke wanted some too Big Grin

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Here's the final haul from the Barn Smoker today. These were the smokes that came with the admission (actually we had to pay $10 for the 10 - damn FDA)

1 FSG Robusto
1 FSG Toro
1 FSG Belicoso
1 FSG 6×60
1 FSG Special Blend, 6×52 Box Press
1 Undercrown Box Press Toro
1 Herrera Esteli Miami
1 Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pig
1 Velvet Rat
1 Liga Privada A

The extra A is my buddy's - his Humidor is too small :-)

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wondering if you would be willing to work out a deal or trade for the A?

To add: Random observation...I just met the inventor of the Perfect Draw devise on a different forum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
People do sell the A quite frequently. With multiple barn smokers going on and both willie and JD out promoting new stuff I've seen quite a few up for sale, might be a bit overpriced, I did see a coffin with 2 get auctioned off for 85$.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Wondering if you would be willing to work out a deal or trade for the A

I think I am going to hang on to it for a while, but if I do decide to trade it away, I'll give you first shot

posted Hide Post
Pic heavy...

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Got about an hour or so left for the ribs in the smoker.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Holy shit Gerry! Looks like you have room for more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Holy shit Gerry! Looks like you have room for more.

Have you been talking to my wife? Big Grin

That's exactly what she said..."holy shit Gerry" Big Grin