SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Jealous, so i found a sampler got a couple FSG limitada and the little cigarillos that are made from all FSG. The mrs wants to go to a barn smoker, rumor is that LA will get one next year, close enough for us to spend a weekend there.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's mail call. I had a $100 credit at the cigar shop where I purchased my humidor (still waiting for that to come in), so I ordered the box of Raices. With it came a free Xikar trezo lighter. Frankly, I was more interested in the lighter than the cigars. That Trezo is a tank of a lighter.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Furlough - I'm really looking forward to it. I have a friend (been friends since 6th grade) whose birthday is in early May. Mine is in late May. So we're splitting the difference and both going to the barn smoker

Jaywendland, let me know how those cigarillos are, I was eyeing them. I like the FSG better than a regular LP No 9.

I'm smoking an Epicure No.1 tonight. I'm going to need a second wineador to age Cubans soon...

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Get bigger than you think you need.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Last night's margarita Wednesday culminated in this (Double Robusto):

Very nice smoke from the first draw through about the middle of this stick...I was rather enjoying it. Then it started getting fairly strong for my palette and taste buds. I tried to hang with it to the nub, but had to eventually put it down. It wasn't quite as strong as the My Father from a couple of weeks ago, but I'm glad I only bought the one. Can't see spending my $100 Visa Gift Card on an entire box.

Of the 3 "test" sticks I got about a month ago (La Careme, Oliva, and My Father), the La Careme passed the "I gotta have more of these" test.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Very nice smoke from the first draw through about the middle of this stick...I was rather enjoying it. Then it started getting fairly strong for my palette and taste buds. I tried to hang with it to the nub, but had to eventually put it down. It wasn't quite as strong as the My Father from a couple of weeks ago, but I'm glad I only bought the one. Can't see spending my $100 Visa Gift Card on an entire box.

Of the 3 "test" sticks I got about a month ago (La Careme, Oliva, and My Father), the La Careme passed the "I gotta have more of these" test.

The Vs are very good but they are strong for sure. I found the Serie V Melanio to be a bit milder.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Can't wait to try these 512's.

Didn't know I had this Black Dog so I decided to try it out while grilling this evening, based on Jay's good review of it.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
So blind pass II has come back around. Everyone added more than they took so it keep going.

Blinds are on the bottom, left to right on top, a fiver gifted to me from the previous box recipient, the poker ante, put and take bag. I took envelope 6 it has two cards everyone puts a cigar in the bag after its made its way around, they will post the rest of a Texas holdem hand with betting more cigars.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Gnut, how did you like the black dog? That looks like fun game Gator. The only bad thing about the blind smokes is if you smoke one you really like you dont know what it is to buy more.

Mail today.

Tonights smoke.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
You keep track of the blinds and they are revealed after you smoke one and post up your impression.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Is this in a forum? Sounds fun. I wanna try.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Botl.org

Tatuaje CQ1 from a Christmas sale

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The DPG CC was all cedar the first half, and all whitepepper with a creamy leather the 2nd. Not impressed. Uneven burn and the wrapper cracked several times, i had to use the nubber halfway through to prevent it from cracking any more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Gnut, how did you like the black dog? That looks like fun game Gator. The only bad thing about the blind smokes is if you smoke one you really like you dont know what it is to buy more.

Mail today.

Tonights smoke.

Jay, I would say I am a big fan of Crowned Heads cigars. The black dog was delicious. It started out as chocolate goodness, and transitioned to some leather but kept it's sweetness throughout. I need to pick some up.

I'm up for the blind pass thing...just let me know.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The black dog is really a different take on broadleaf. Its more mild and subdued. Crowned heads sure does have alot to offer.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Trying a quick pre dinner smoke, the petite Tatuaje. It was waaay too tight and plugged up, a couple minutes with the perfecdraw tool helped but its still a little tight. Tastes excellent.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
They are very fickle regarding humidity. Store less than 65 and dry box for a few days. I rotate some in and out of a dry box so I always have a few on hand.

Also the humidity outside can really effect these after you light them up. I do not smoke them or lanceros for that matter from May through September.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I will try some dry boxing. My humidor stays at 65, i an really impressed with heartfelt beads.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Florida sun grown cigarillo, made entirely from FSG. Its very rustic, has a cheap feel to it. Not worth what they are charging for them but it does give you a good taste of the FSG. Its surprisingly mild with a nice peppery retro. I have never been a fan of sun grown wrappers, the perdomo champagne sun grown is the only one i have really enjoyed so far, these florida leaves have a different flavor entirely. Light spice, light pepper with a creaminess that makes it pretty darn good. Now i cant wait to try the limited edition with the broadleaf wrapper.