SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few Sindicato cigars. Tonight having one with the natural wrapper very smooth

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Just got back and settled in from the Texas cigar festival. A little disappointed with the turnout, no big names were there, only reps. They were only selling samplers or select boxes. No Viaje, no Jonathan Drew, no Pete Johnson, Jon huber.

I did like some improvements that made entry easier, and the liquor was better quality. This year they had a scotch tasting table with some good stuff.

The catering was great, but it was the same exact food as the last couple events. The DJ wasnt too damn loud this time which is a plus. Serious cigars just got bought by Altadis so some changes were expected.

Now for the gratuitous cigar pics.

Table full of stuff.

Swag bag smokes.

Scotch tasting, They had glenfiddich 12, 14, 15, and 18. IMO the 15 was the best.

Balvenie Doublewood was great, sherry cask and Caribbean cask i did not like.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Now for the stuff I bought.

Lfd Texas cigar festival exclusives, only 40 boxes of 10 a year are produced.

The 5ver of event only Lfd.

Papas fritas and DE stuff.

EP carillo maduro sampler.

Tat sampler.

Padron family reserve sampler.

All in all it was a fun night. Got some good deals and i gave cigars out to the HPD officers who were working security. While we were in line for food we met a couple of desert storm vets and ended up eating dinner with them and chatting for a bit, i gave them each some good smokes, thanked them for their service and offered to buy them drinks sometime. The mrs wants to go back next year.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice haul! Those swag sticks alone. Which Roma Craft is in there?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick morning and coffee stick before we make a garden. Gotta break virgin ground so the 3 point has a one bottom plow on it and the grader blade is on the front. I think I'm ready!

An old school Camacho Havana with Peet's Major Dickasons

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
No clue what roma that is. No list this year.

posted Hide Post
It could be embossed on the band, most of theirs are. It's hard to see with a quick glance.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It is an aquitaine.

posted Hide Post
A few smokes from this weekend...

The first two courtesy of Jay from a recent trade. I can't think of a better coffee/morning cigar than that RASS. Earthy, nutty and mixed flavors of cedar/strong coffee (maybe espresso??).

...and I never tire of the Hererra Esteli. Look at that burn line.

...this Coyol really surprised me. It was so good. Through the first two thirds, it was leathery with some spice, but finished very sweet in the last third.

...plus, a couple new arrivals Smile

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great haul, Jay. What's the flask?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The flask i won, with a cheesy single flame jet lighter from a new cigar company called archetype. Bought a 5ver and they gave me a raffle ticket. Glad you liked the Rass, I had a few 2013s left and a box of 2016s, they got mixed up before i sent that package out and I wasnt sure what you ended up with. Now im sure you got the 13. The box of 16s has had some crappy smokes in it. Hope that monte#2 wasnt plugged, that whole cabinet was full of tight sticks I tried to send out one that didnt feel tight.

Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Email in profile, shoot me your addres and I'll mail you out a few.

I appreciate the offer but I'll have to decline for now. I'm away from home for 7 more weeks and can't get them where I'm currently at. I wasn't able to go by the store this weekend but I plan to tomorrow. I'll let you know what I come back with.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Np. Offer stands. Email when you get back.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Got my nub tool in today, smaller than his pictures look. I like it.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I smoked a Florida Sun Grown yesterday (from what I was told, it's basically a Liga Privada no9 with a Florida grown wrapper). Liked it better than the LP9.

I bought a couple of the Herrera Esteli Miamis as well those are aging a bit in the humidor (in case they are like the other Herrera Estelis I smoked-awesome with a little age).

I'm going to the Florida Barn Smoker in May at the farm where they grow the FSG wrapper. Really looking forward to it. Lots of good cigars, good brisket, etc.

I may have to pick up a few more of the FSGs.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Partagas are my favourite! recently discovered Royal Agio Cigars!!

Life is too short for bad days!

Posts: 4 | Location: London | Registered: April 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Wow, Jeff, look at that plume that's developed on those RASS. Beautiful

BTW, please check your email inbox.

Hey Jeff, if you check in, I dropped you an email with a question. Could you take a look? Appreciate it.
Gerry

posted Hide Post
Leonardo, welcome aboard!

posted Hide Post
Welcome Leonardo. Great group of guys here with lots of information. Glad to have you.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
I smoked a Florida Sun Grown yesterday (from what I was told, it's basically a Liga Privada no9 with a Florida grown wrapper). Liked it better than the LP9.

I bought a couple of the Herrera Esteli Miamis as well those are aging a bit in the humidor (in case they are like the other Herrera Estelis I smoked-awesome with a little age).

I'm going to the Florida Barn Smoker in May at the farm where they grow the FSG wrapper. Really looking forward to it. Lots of good cigars, good brisket, etc.

I may have to pick up a few more of the FSGs.

Kenpoist, I smoked an FSG a few weeks ago at the Corona Cigar Co in Orlando. I liked it so much that I picked up a box. Enjoy the Florida Barn Smoker!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post