SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Drat. Only one of these remain in the humidor.
Partagas Serie E

So SO disappointed. The thing was rolled so tight I nearly blew out a lung trying to smoke it. I have one left, damn I hope this one is not a dud.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post

Tgif.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
You need a Perfecdraw. http://perfecdraw.com

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
You need a Perfecdraw. http://perfecdraw.com

Have you used one?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yes. It works great. Watch the videos. Its different than just a poker. You only twist a little. Most the time you only have to go in an inch or so.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ive used the repair glue he sells too. It works. Doesnt hurt flavor at all.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It looks like it would mangle the cigar but it only pulls put what you cut, so insert, twist, pull. You can tell when you get to the tight part it gets harder to push the tool in.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've used the glue...it has saved more than one old stick. Thanks for the link, I'll get one next week.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
http://www.cigaraficionado.com...-cigars-stolen-19331

It's about a 250-mile stretch between Arturo Fuente Headquarters in Tampa, Florida, and Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Somewhere in between, a 40-foot shipping container loaded with hundreds of thousands of Fuente cigars was stolen.

According to A. Fuente & Co. the cargo container was loaded onto a truck at the port for pick-up—but the truck never made it to Tampa.

"The container was actually loaded on the delivery truck, and then the truck was stolen," Karen R. Smith, vice president of The Fuente Companies told Cigar Aficionado. "The Miami-Dade police have found the cab, but not the container. And now, the FBI is involved in the investigation."

Smith did not comment on the value of the cigars and said that the adjuster would have to assess the dollar amount of the loss before she could give an accurate estimate. The company learned of the theft on April 3.

When large shipments of cigars are stolen, they are often sold shortly afterward to local cigar shops and tobacconists at severely discounted prices. According to Smith, this should be a major red flag.

"We are telling our retailers to look out for Fuente cigars being sold outside of the normal channels," added Smith.

In an official letter, company president and owner Carlos "Carlito" Fuente Jr., stated:

"I was stunned—this has never happened to us in over a century of business. Unfortunately, we can't replace the hundreds of thousands of cigars that were stolen, and this loss will cause more shortages of Fuente cigars this year. We will allocate our cigars in a fair manner...We have been expanding our factory in the Dominican Republic for the last two years and we hope to increase production in the future."

A. Fuente & Co. produces such popular brands as Fuente Fuente OpusX, Arturo Fuente Don Carlos, and Arturo Fuente Rosado Sungrown Magnum R.

This is a developing story. Check back to cigaraficionado.com for updates.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big Grin

quote:
So i just ordered a new air cc300 humidor. Any experiences? Also got an Oasis to go with it and a couple cedar baskets/shelves.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big Grin

quote:
So i just ordered a new air cc300 humidor. Any experiences? Also got an Oasis to go with it and a couple cedar baskets/shelves.

Isn't GA Gator in Florida? Big Grin

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Guys you'll never guess what I found

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
(Heavy sigh)

Thank you Gator! That was the out-loud-laugh that I needed today.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That was funny. Could be a Fuente Karma coming up soon.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Breakfast is served.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wonderful stick, Jay!

I'm moments from firing up a Monte' White. It is becoming my regular weekend coffee stick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I need to try a monte white sometime. Hearing you guys talk about for years now.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Good morning BOTL's.

I just walked up the mountain and back now I am enjoying a Cuban H. Upmann Magnum 46.

Great stick but it's a tad strong for a morning smoke. I'll grind through it. Big Grin

I'm heading into town this afternoon for a pool and gym workout.

Have a great day all.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to try a monte white sometime. Hearing you guys talk about for years now.

Gee, it's a shame I don't have your address. Wait! I do have your address.

Hmmm, don't go buying anything anytime soon Cool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ok i wont. I splurged the other day now i have to lay low for 2 weeks.