SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
These were hidden in my luggage.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
When a hwy burns down in Atlanta you take Friday off

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Good God Gnut! That load is huge (thats what she said)...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Incredible haul!

Starting off a gorgeous south Texas weekend with a mystery box Alec Bradley. First puff had a nice strong leather and wood taste.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Long story but I am traveling for work and did not bring sticks (yeah, yeah, save the lecture!) but the hotel did have a small humidor so I picked up one of these Fuente's.

Truthfully I bought it because the tube was so cool, but I drank it with Knob Creek and ended up burning my lip because I literally took it down to the nub.

Any of you guys smoke this before? It is easily one of the best tasting cigars I've had.

Ronin,

Did the one you smoke have a Sungrown or Natural wrapper?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
There is also a broadleaf maduro verison. The chateau fuente and hemingway maduro are both excellent.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This Connecticut wrapper tatuaje (negociant) is a really good medium bodied smoke.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been keeping busy here at home lately. I have two more rows of hardwood to put down and the floors will be done!!! Of course, I still have the baseboard and quarter round to put up to be officially finished but this is a big step to getting things back to normal around here. Anyone thinking of tackling this kind of project, plan on lots of ups and downs emotionally. We did it ourselves and saved thousands of dollars.

Nothing fancy to celebrate, but I am enjoying a Blend Lab PH-652 tonight. Our youngest son turned 12 today so I didn't have too much time. Tomorrow the rest of my family is coming over for dinner and cake to celebrate his birthday. Sunday is our monthly family breakfast and a wrestling banquet in the evening. I'm going to try to hit some new Taylormade drivers at a local golf store too. If you don't hear from me this weekend, I'm enjoying life and might be able to squeeze a cigar or two in.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
petr, enjoy the busy weekend. I have one filled with a whole lot of nothing, which is actually very nice.

Spent 17 days on the road in March, most of them overseas. Empty nesters now, and the wife is doing a 72-hour call in the hospital this weekend so I have the house to myself with nothing to do.

Other than swim, grill, and smoke cigars, that is! Being project-free is true freedom!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tennessee waltz, and some of Kentucky's finest.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Opened up a 2016 box of RASS last night and noticed one wrapper was darker than the rest. Decided i would smoke that one this morning. It tasted like dirt, straight up dirt. I gave it a chance, got about halfway and it was still dirt. No spice, no tobacco nothing, just dirt. Double checked bar code, stickers, etc and it all checks out. Cut open the smoke in question, all long filler, no hair or other stuff. So i grab another from the same box and its fantastic. Very redeeming. My luck with Cuban cigars is terrible, but when I get a good one they are worth it. Bourbon cream is delicious btw, qorth the 20$ if you like bourbon.

The dirty RASS.

Bourbon cream and cold brew.

posted Hide Post

Today's enjoyment as I have a little bit of time to sneak one in.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
On vacation with family

Thanks Ronin this was good. A year ago I forgot cigars this year I brought plenty. I liked the middle of this cigar.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just finished a Herrera Estelli robusto from Drew Estates. Frankly, it needed more seasoning in the humidor, but I was anxious to try it. Not significantly less expensive than a LP#9, but I certainly didn't like it as well. I do think this is a good cigar with just a little more time.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
With Drew Estates it could be to much time. It's tough to know how long it was at the B&Monday.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have some almost 3 year old UF13s that aged quite well. Not as peppery as they were fresh, but still have some great flavors.

Farmer Bill came for a visit.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Years ago Jonathan Drew stated LPs should be smoked fresh within a year and T52 within 18 months.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I heard that from him as well. When i bought 3 boxes of uf13s. I smoked the crap out of them for the first few months and got burnt out. Now i have 1 every couple months or so and they get better every time.

This farmer bill might do better with some age though. First 3rd was a smooth grassy, cocoa flavor with a rich tobacco front. No spice or pepper even on retrohale. Then right at a 3rd that same heavy pepper and and spice that the zombie line is known for kicked in. Lots of tar buildup on the end, ive had to cut it twice now. Still maintains a smooth cocoa flavor. The pepper is almost overpowering. Not as bad as a Le bijou but very close.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
With Drew Estates it could be to much time. It's tough to know how long it was at the B&Monday.

I don't think over-aging is the issue here. I literally just opened the box yesterday. They just had overnight to humidity stabilize, and I doubt that I even achieved that. Five LP#9s from CI are $60. I believe these were $47, so not markedly less expensive and that same medium to full profile of the LP.

I'll light another in a month or so and report again. I certainly didn't experience anything that would cause me to warn anyone away from the Herrera Estelli

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Lp9s are great smokes though pricey. Plenty of other broadleaf wrapper options for less even half the cost.