SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Any Floridians going to the Drew Estate/Florida Sun Grown Barnsmoker? I bought tickets and it looks like it'll be a blast.

http://barnsmoker.com/event/20...-smoker-drew-estate/

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I wish i could go to that. They have one planned for Louisiana i might be able to make that one. The Mrs loves going to cigar parties.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oooooohhh!! Just got my rebate pre-paid Visa card from Discount Tire for buying 4 new wheels about a month ago. $100 cigar shopping spree coming up!!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of samplers last week with some Zino Platinum Grand Master robustos. Tried one today and was pleased. Very smooth mild to medium smoke that was even burning throughout. Convinced me to try out some of their other sticks.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Tooky, Im not familiar with that brand. What other kind of smokes came in the sampler? Nice ashtray.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Thanks for posting Tooky, Im not familiar with that brand. What other kind of smokes came in the sampler? Nice ashtray.

Actually, it wasn't exactly a sampler. Thompson Cigar runs what they call "Five Pack Fever" where they give you at selection 5 packs (about 300 different ones) and if you pick four different five packs you get them for $19.75 each. The different five packs range in price from about $30 to $90 dollars normally. I selected:

Cohiba Red Dot Robusto Cameroon
Montecristo White Label Especiale No. 3 Connecticut Corona
Zino Platinum Scepter Series Grand Master Connecticut Robusto
Flores y Rodriguez Connecticut Valley Reserve Robusto Maduro

If I had bought those four five packs on an individual basis, the total would've been about $280 (of course, I picked the pricier ones) . I got free shipping with a small promotional discount and ended up paying $62.50 total. Works out to about $3 per stick... 'smokin' deal (pun intended). So far, I especially like the Flores y Rodriguez.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Long story but I am traveling for work and did not bring sticks (yeah, yeah, save the lecture!) but the hotel did have a small humidor so I picked up one of these Fuente's.

Truthfully I bought it because the tube was so cool, but I drank it with Knob Creek and ended up burning my lip because I literally took it down to the nub.

Any of you guys smoke this before? It is easily one of the best tasting cigars I've had.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Have not tried that one. Usually don't like Fuente's that much (don't dislike them either). With a recommendation like that, I'll have to pick some up!

Smoking a Perdomo Lot 23 tonight, and drinking some Elijah Craig Small Batch.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OK....smoked the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Toro tonight. WHOA!!! It was a STRONG smoke, with lots of pepper and woody, earthy flavors. No hint of cocoa, chocolate, coffee or anything like that. It was just STRONG and powerful.

It wasn't right for my palette, but it might suit others. Gonna go brush my tongue now..... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, have not had that one but it's quite an endorsement you are giving.

erj, I'm with you on the Le Bijou...just a strong, unflavored, strong, beast. Did I mention strong?

Guys, I had a half day in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area today, and went to three lounges. Came away with quite a haul, with some GREAT smokes and hard-to-finds. I will post up some pics when I get back home and get some time.

In the meantime, grabbed one of these at the last stop. Pretty damn tasty.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
erj, I'm with you on the Le Bijou...just a strong, unflavored, strong, beast. Did I mention strong?

Oh it has some flavor, its just mostly pepper. I smoke them really slow on a full stomach with a strong bourbon or scotch.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I smoke them really slow on a full stomach with a strong bourbon or scotch.

Was on a full stomach to include two margaritas and was smoking it so slowly, I had to relight several times. I can scratch this one off my list of "possible maybes" for future purchase. Guess that's why you buy just one instead of a full box. Eek On the plus side, it's a beautiful cigar and my neighbor said it smelled really good...guess that counts for something. Smile

posted Hide Post
I have found that in order to get flavor out of the Le Bijiou, I need to get the petite robusto size. I have tried the toro and some of the other sizes but the petite robusto is the only one I get excellent flavor from.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Any of you guys smoke this before? It is easily one of the best tasting cigars I've had.

I used to buy boxes of the Chateau Fuente series, particularly the sungrown ones, as my everyday stash. Excellent cigars for the price. I am fond of Arturo Fuente, everything from the Hemmingways to some of the various Anejos.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got home this afternoon from Dallas and I must say, it was a great, albeit, very expensive trip. I went to three different shops in the DFW area, and I found everything in the pic.

GREAT story about the Micallef Reserva Limitada...I was at the Silver Leaf lounge in Ft. Worth and was talking to the manager about the Micallef line. Who walks into the humidor? Al Micallef and his son, Michael (Mike). Al tells me about the story of co-oping with the Gomez Sanchez family and the 94 rating his Reserva blend just received. I had Al and his son sign the box I bought and got to smoke one and have a drink with him in the lounge.

Guys, this is the motherload. I'm gonna need a bigger humidor.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good god, man. How big is your humidor?????? Eek

Big Grin

Oh...nevermind. You already realize you need a bigger one. Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Good god, man. How big is your humidor?????? Eek

Big Grin

Oh...nevermind. You already realize you need a bigger one. Razz

Haha, when I told my wife I needed a bigger one...she just smiled and shook her head, yes. Big Grin

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
You guys are making it hard for me to honor my self-imposed ban on new purchases until I burn down some of my collection. Smile

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grabbed a couple of the Davidoff Chef blends. I think Ronin was talking about these. One got a little squished hauling it back from Texas, but it's not too bad. I wanted to show this box and tell you guys that it is a FANTASTIC smoke. They can't really be seen that well in the picture.

Sorry for the bad pic, I was sitting at my gate taking pictures lol.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post