SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
RA Club Allones EL 2015 for 162$ shipped. Good deal or not?

Good deal, good cigar but I prefer the Superiores.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Box of ten? IMHO Keep shopping.

Check out the RA Superiores usually much more reasonable cost and very similar size as the Club.

I could be wrong but I think the resident two band expert gets the RA Superiores.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Mail call.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great selection Jay! Let me know what you think of the Prieto when you smoke one.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Will do. The La sirena is one i am looking forward to. Broadleaf wrapper from the my father factory.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Mail call.

Good looking smokes, Jay.

I've been in India for the last 6 days and this is what welcomed me back. Been waiting, very anxiously, for these to arrive. All looks good.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Damn, nice haul.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn, nice haul.

No kidding!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a 5ver of 2013 RASS for 62 shipped. Not a bad deal.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Back from a long trip and have a nice long break before my next one.

Enjoying a My Father El Centurion H-2K-CT on the patio. Great stick so far.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
The Tinderbox at Southpark Mall is your best bet. Great lounge too.

And this is where I ended up Tuesday and Thursday evening. Small walk in humidor with some outstandingly brands and a very nice smoking area. Good ventilation system too.

My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that the guys working never emptied and wiped out ash-trays. Maybe I'm spoiled by my own B&M, but it was just something I noticed.

These prices compared to MN, wow!

I picked up 3 Padron and a Liga T-52 for under $80 bucks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Which padron? That makes all the difference. The Hammers are 26$ here and i havent found them cheaper anywhere else. The t52 when they're in Stock are 14$. The padron 50th refills are 40$ at serious cigars btw. They are just as good as the originals.

posted Hide Post
I did get a chance to try one of my Crux PB5's as well as the regular Ninfamaniac. The PB5 was exceptional and glad I found two boxes. The Ninfamaniac was stronger than expected, and just ok for me. I've got the dark to try.

Ronin, your friends have a terrific product in the PB5. I will get more if I can.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which padron? That makes all the difference. The Hammers are 26$ here and i haven't found them cheaper anywhere else. The t52 when they're in Stock are 14$. The padron 50th refills are 40$ at serious cigars btw. They are just as good as the originals.

- Liga T-52 about $14
- 45 Years (about $20)
- 85 Years (about $18)
- 50th - from the family reserve; not the refill. (ABOUT $26) (I smoked this tonight)

They did have the 50th refills for $40, but I have a few of those left and did not feel the need to buy more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Now i dont feel so bad paying 26 for the hammer(50th)

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
For me the ratio of dollar of cost : enjoyment falls off dramatically after about $12. I do buy some cigars that cost more than that, LA Palina Goldie, some Cubana. But I can smoke damn good cigars Cubans and non Cubans at or below $12.

I will say I am a bit of a snob and I almost never smoke anything less than $8- $9. That blind taste testing I was a part of included a six dollar bundle cigar from Espinosa that was fabulous. But the guy who put it in the package had it in storage for more than a year. I have neither the room nor patience to sit on cigars hoping they reach their potential.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
GA Gator thank you for saying what I thought had been my imagination.

As you all know I am new to the cigar scene, but I got hooked by some good sticks.

I did my typical thing and went crazy, buying humidors and cigars like they were going out of style. I now have three humidors, about 300 cigars (I think).

I have some that I know are good, but I have been... let's say not impressed with several.

I am now only buying what I like, which after less than a year of smoking seems... I don't know. Not presumptuous, but I am much less likely now to buy a group of cigars that I am not sure of.

Right now my wife told me that I need to burn down my cigar and ammo stash, and only replace what I shoot/burn.

The ammo is easy (garage!) so I am good there. But I need to replace whatever I burn cigar-wise with good stuff.

I will be watching what you guys do!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The 50th family reserve line maduro are worth all of the 26$ a stick though I usually stick to cheaper smokes as well. The 50th anniversary smokes are something I just had to try and they are incredibly good, not worth 40$ or even the 100$ a stick the original batch cost, but still a great smoke. The 50th family reserve are much better especially for the price.

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and positive thoughts. I am extremely excited to say that after a small negotiation, I was offered the position.

I truly wish I could say more, but with the way the political climate is it is difficult to get into any situation where a simple internet post could impact your career. Needless to say, I am honored and thrilled for the opportunity.

My new position involves international travels... so who knows what may find its way back from abroad as far as cigars go...

So thank you all for your thoughts: a toast to you: I sincerely appreciate the good karma and well wishes.

Thank you.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post