SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
ERJ -

Thanks for sharing the pic of the Beatles.

If in doubt, especially about Cubans, I am a proponent of freezing before going into the humidor. I used to do so religiously for any Cuban boxs I bought, but I got lazy and stopped doing that.

Hoping it does not turn into a costly mistake someday.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Beatles use to be a lot more common years ago, it is an indication of a dirty factory. Most factories have gotten really good about keeping the factories clean.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
md-lucky...what led you to suspect the authenticity of your "Cuban"??

You know, I really messed up by not taking a pile of pictures right off the bat.

The first thing was the cap. It was a terrible, single cap. The wrapper was cracked in a few places, and even though the cigar was clearly dry it felt a little spoungey. The construction was as bad as any cheap cigar I've ever seen.

I should have documented all the red flags.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to take a trip to Brussels last Friday and came back home today via London Heathrow. Picked up a little port wine sampler in Brussels duty free, and when I got home, these beauties were waiting for me.

Really excited to try the Ninfamaniac sampler.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Please give me feedback on the Crux stuff...especially the Limitada. I am friends with the owner of the company and would like to share.

Which site did you buy them from?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Damn Gnut, I'd like to see your humidor, i wouldnt have room for all the sticks you've posted recently?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting note. I was in the Duty Free store in Brussels and they had two small tower humidors that had some various Davidoff offerings, some Montecristo's and several boxes of the Partagas Serie D No 4's.

He actually peeled off the sticker and replaced it so I could see the sticks. That struck me as odd as I noticed both boxes had "loose" stickers where they have been peeling them back to allow customers to look inside the box. I did not purchase.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Please give me feedback on the Crux stuff...especially the Limitada. I am friends with the owner of the company and would like to share.

Which site did you buy them from?

Will do, Ronin. Purchased from Small Batch.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Damn Gnut, I'd like to see your humidor, i wouldnt have room for all the sticks you've posted recently?

It is getting a little ridiculous lol. I'm getting some serious questions from the wife, so I'm sure my buying is getting ready to "slow down".

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

It is getting a little ridiculous lol. I'm getting some serious questions from the wife, so I'm sure my buying is getting ready to "slow down".

In my house it'd already be too late. Give it a couple of months and try to sneak in a couple fivers... Then a couple more, but never more than 40 in a month. It just gets too much attention.

Ronin, I know I've asked before, but is there a "best" place to get Crux? Which would you recommend to try first?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This evenings choices!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is the text I got today. I am in a blind tasting box pass. My wife opened the box and assumed I had purchased these. The pass is blind as you remove the band's take few add a few and you bomb the next recipient.

So the cigars without bands in the 5 finger bags are the blind tastings. The small bag on the right is the bomb from the previous guy, the loose cigars are in a put/take bag. See something you want you take it but you put in something of similar value.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is a very cool idea. Love it.

And the text from your wife is hilarious... "we need to talk." Lol.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

posted Hide Post
"we need to talk"

Big Grin

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
That is a cool idea.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That's great. Is it a r/cigars box pass?

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Don't understand? R/cigar?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The four most dreaded words in the female language...... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post

AJ Fernandez New World Connecticut.

I've been finding myself smoking a lot more of these Connecticut wrapper cigars. Normally I'm not a huge fan - I tend to prefer a more full bodied flavor.

Faint hints of leather with some flower. Actually kind of reminds me of the Opus from a few weeks back but a lot less floral. It almost has a bread flavor to finish. Like a soft wheat bread. I like it!

Paired tonight with a Orphan Barrel Rhetoric. I'm one of two final candidates for a promotion. Hope to have a celebration cigar in the near future!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the promotion

Chi Chi, get the yayo