SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The padron 50 was totally worth it, the refills for the 50 are half price, and they are just as good. They had a rich flavor and spice that was different than anything else.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
The padron 50 was totally worth it, the refills for the 50 are half price, and they are just as good. They had a rich flavor and spice that was different than anything else.

Good for you for getting in on them. As I recall, this will go for a total of 5 years. There are 3 refills to come.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Crux Cigars for their #2 in 2016 rating on @halfwheel website!

http://halfwheel.com/top-25-2016-2

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
IMHO it depends on the Padron but rather than being underwhelming I think they are overpriced. There a Nicaraguan cigars as good and cheaper, there are Cubans that are better and cheaper.

I had two other Padron, the Hammer and the natural tubo. Both were rolled so loose it was like sucking through a straw. I didn't get any flavors from either cigar until I was at the nub.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin
When that next batch gets released I want to do a trade for three.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Ronin
When that next batch gets released I want to do a trade for three.

They've been released. I secured a box yesterday; am going to try to get one more today. We will work something out, Gator.

ETA -

Gator, are you talking about the Crux or the Padron. Assuming Crux, but just verifying.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Crux PB thanks

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
If you guys want to try to get enough folks together for a box split I would contribute!

I don't have a local source to purchase and lead it, but I would be willing to buy several out of a box if someone else has access.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tonight is the annual cigar party at serious cigars sponsored this year by Roma craft and crowned heads boxes are usually 20% off so I will be picking up a crowned head box or two.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice Jay post up what you get. Sometimes they bring event only stuff. Have fun.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Will there be anything similar to The Drew Estate undercrown series A? I'm totally hooked on La careme and I've tried several of their smokes, they were good but nothing stood out and wowed me like the careme. Anything else to look out for? How about Roma craft? I've tried the Cro magnon and wasn't impressed.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Will there be anything similar to The Drew Estate undercrown series A? I'm totally hooked on La careme and I've tried several of their smokes, they were good but nothing stood out and wowed me like the careme. Anything else to look out for? How about Roma craft? I've tried the Cro magnon and wasn't impressed.

I've had several of the CH La Imparossa and Jericho Hill and really enjoyed them. I liked the Cromagnon too though (in the mandible size)...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
La Mareas is good you will see that for sure.

They did a Texas special release called the yellow rose. I haven't had that.

They have done special releases for store visits if they do don't pass it up.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
J.D. Howard Reserve from Crowned Heads tonight. Smelled delicious before I lit it up. Draws well, lots of smoke.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, Pick up a Cromagnon candella and definitely grab a Neanderthal by Roma Craft.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of Yellow rose, the CH rep was very convincing about how good they are. Also got a sampler with 4 CH limited release sticks. Roma craft did not have samplers just discount boxes. It was a fun party as usual, I won a kindle fire in one of the raffles.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Smoked part of my recent haul - AVO 85th Limited Edition 2011.

I really enjoy the AVO Synchros, and this did not disappoint. Started off with some spice, and moved to some nice wood flavors. Good burn, lots of smoke and never too hot. Four of these left, nice to know how good they are!

Jay, let us know how that Yellow Rose is!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Avo makes some good smokes, definitely high quality.

Jay
What limited releases did you get, post a pic. The yellow rose gets good pub, and it's made by the Garcia's so it should be well made.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
If you guys want to try to get enough folks together for a box split I would contribute!

I don't have a local source to purchase and lead it, but I would be willing to buy several out of a box if someone else has access.

Here is where you can find them locally; including a few websites.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It was a Mason dixon, Angels anvil, jd howard a yellow rose and 1 other. Photobucket is too fucked for me to use anymore. All 3 humidors are pretty much full now. Guess i will need another Cool I am gifting one full humidor, along with a bullet punch, cutter and bugatti lighter, (its also totally packed full of smokes) to my cousin next time i see him.

Smoking a Yellow rose right now, it's starting out with a blast of pepper and pretty much exactly like the CH rep described it. Might be some bombs going out to you guys soon to make room for the Texas cigar festival goody bags in april. The Mrs, had fun last night so now she wants to go to the next party.