SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I've had a flickr account forever, but posting a pic here from a mobile device is damn near impossible. I just signed up for photobucket to post my last pic, but I have no idea how long the link will stay active. I have no experience with any other hosting services.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Photobucket used to work great. The last update to the app made it unusable, it wont let me upload shit. Still works for pics already stored in the cloud. Using the website from my pc is a nightmare with all the ads. The update that screwed the app was back in October, there's at least a backup option now but it doesnt actually back up the picture when you select it. Hope it gets fixed. Until then i have to upload my pics through the pc.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Great score btw. Lost city is still on my list of must try, though my list is bigger than my wallet.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Photobucket went to shit. Dropbox links dont work with sigforum, flickr wants a yahoo email address. Is there another alternative?

I use Dropbox for all of my photos. I use the public link from the desktop web view and it works all of the time.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....my list is bigger than my wallet.

And my humidor. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use Dropbox for all of my photos. I use the public link from the desktop web view and it works all of the time.

Dropbox from a browser works fine, but the mobile app does not.

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dropbox from a browser works fine, but the mobile app does not.

Agreed, sort of a cluster in UI and usability between the 2, App vs. Web interface. I cannot figure out how they get 2 different URLs for the same file?

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Can't smoke at work so the next best thing is this candle I found at a store. Tobacco and Vanilla. Smells just like a nice smooth cigar I need to go back and get another

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's shipment

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thats a tasty stick. They get more mellow with age, not as sharp a pepper kick, i still enjoy some of mine that are 2+years old.

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Wow. Those are some FANTASTIC hauls.

I'm drooling over here. Several of those are on the short list.

I've promised myself to not spend anything on cigars until I get through tax season.. You guys are making that very difficult!!

Went with an Ashton Symmetry for the balmy 28* weather. It's warming up!!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
Wow. Those are some FANTASTIC hauls.

I'm drooling over here. Several of those are on the short list.

I've promised myself to not spend anything on cigars until I get through tax season.. You guys are making that very difficult!!

Went with an Ashton Symmetry for the balmy 28* weather. It's warming up!!

How'd you like it? I really enjoy Ashtons (one of my father's favorite cigar is the VSG and I think it may have been the first very nice stick I smoked). The Symmetry has caught my eye numerous times, but I've never pulled the trigger..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had some free time this afternoon and needed to burn some boxes. Figured, what the heck!

Grabbed this RP Edge that I picked up over the holiday sales. Pre-light draw I picked up flavors of fig and some spice. The draw was a little tight so I tried to loosen it up using my module tool, but it just wouldn't let go. Very flavorful but would never open up to the point I needed it to.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
LOVE that Montecristo lighter!!! From where might one obtain such a fine specimen?? Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
How'd you like it? I really enjoy Ashtons (one of my father's favorite cigar is the VSG and I think it may have been the first very nice stick I smoked). The Symmetry has caught my eye numerous times, but I've never pulled the trigger..

It has a very good burn, even burn. I know they are rated as a more full flavor cigar, but I don't find it to be as full flavored as others. It was what I would call a "just a good cigar." It wasn't anywhere near bad, but it also didn't knock my socks off. It's something I would pick up to have another if I saw it on a shelf, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find one or order one online... if that makes sense.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^
LOVE that Montecristo lighter!!! From where might one obtain such a fine specimen?? Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertig...0:g:XzkAAOSwa~BYWcBg

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gator!

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:

It has a very good burn, even burn. I know they are rated as a more full flavor cigar, but I don't find it to be as full flavored as others. It was what I would call a "just a good cigar." It wasn't anywhere near bad, but it also didn't knock my socks off. It's something I would pick up to have another if I saw it on a shelf, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find one or order one online... if that makes sense.

Bummer. I keep eying that and the ESG up, but they aren't sold around here... I'll have to put it on a back burner in my mind. Thanks for the feedback!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's even SWEETER!!! Ordered!! Just had to add to the order a 5-pack of La Gloria Cubana Serie N Generoso. I really like the Glorioso, so I thought I'd give the Generoso a shot. Thanks petr...