SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It died.

Frown

Tried to resurrect a dried stick from the dead; had been sitting in perfect conditions for over a year.

As soon as heat started moving thru, it opened up and vented from "everywhere".

Damn

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
R.I.P., 2008. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
He's dead Jim.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Needs a defibrillator! CLEAR! Damn.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
EP Carillo dark ritual, not a bad smoke. Lots of cocoa a hint of nuts and pepper, the pepper is getting stronger as i smoke it and the cocoa is getting sweeter.

Did this finish well? I had one in a smaller ring gauge (about 42). It was very tight to the point that it got set down and I never tried to do anything about it...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
15 of 25...what say the rest of you?

Introducing Cigar Aficionado's Top 25 Cigars of 2016: http://bit.ly/2gESoT4

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Well apparently there are a few new sticks that I need to try!

The Cohiba caught my eye right away because it's kind of a bucket list item. Have they ever done Cubans before the lift, or is this a first? (edit: I found the link to past years and there are quite a few Cubans. I thought maybe they switched something up because of the legal changes, but it looks like they have always had them on there!)

I have had a couple on there but most of them would be brand new.

I think I'm going to get a smoke in tonight. It's dang near 30 degrees today! That's the warmest we've been in 2 weeks.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
It's good that it gets people discussing cigars, but they only rate cigars they have reviewed which severely limits their pool of choices.

If you look at their advertisers, Pardon, Patel, General cigars, Altidas, Ashton , E P Carrillo, Garcia's, Fuente they are all in the top 25 year after year.

Also I have seen a video of their tasting process and they don't smoke the entire cigar. Sometimes it's just an inch. Seems like they are judging a book by the cover.

Smoke what you like, and you can take recommendations but these I'd take with a grain of salt.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
It's good that it gets people discussing cigars, but they only rate cigars they have reviewed which severely limits their pool of choices.

If you look at their advertisers, Pardon, Patel, General cigars, Altidas, Ashton , E P Carrillo, Garcia's, Fuente they are all in the top 25 year after year.

Also I have seen a video of their tasting process and they don't smoke the entire cigar. Sometimes it's just an inch. Seems like they are judging a book by the cover.

Smoke what you like, and you can take recommendations but these I'd take with a grain of salt.

Wish we had a "hard agree" button.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post

Ahh the word freedom. Being free means you can sit out on your front porch and enjoy a cigar any time of the year.

Rocky Patel Freedom. VERY full flavor. I can't remember if this was a recommendation or if I just took a flyer on it, but it's a good stick.

Edit: ps clearly I'm a corporate shill for Rocky Patel because I was making that post as the others above me were going up. You caught me! Wink

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Goat, it was one dimensional but a great smoke. Flavor didnt change much all the way down to the nub. It was a good little smoke and i will definitely buy more when i see em on sale in 5 or 10 packs.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cant log in to COH anyone else having problems?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
15 of 25...what say the rest of you?

Introducing Cigar Aficionado's Top 25 Cigars of 2016: http://bit.ly/2gESoT4

I got most of mine, but some are still on backorder. Beautiful smokes. I also bought two 5-packs of Camacho Pre-Embargo's which Cigar.com indicates its one of the finest smokes they've rated in tens of years. Also bought some RP seconds...great deal on those and already had the pleasure to taste one. Yum

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I wish I could post pics.
I've had several smokes lately that I liked but know nothing about them really.
I'm finding I like full flavor, maduro seems to be my favorite wrapper.
I can't describe the taste ...nutt, earth, pepper .....
I'd just be making chit up as to what I thought it was.
http://s117.photobucket.com/us...me1/slideshow/Cigars

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Now i have to order some pre embargos, how are the american barrel aged? the perdomo smokes that are barrel aged are awesome.

Haveme, hit the share button on the pic you want to post, then hit copy link, and copy the one that says direct. Then when you are making a post you have to click the little picture button above the text window, its third from the right, up there with the smiley faces. Paste your picture link there then hit ok. Then post.

posted Hide Post
Opened up the Oliva sampler I have.

Serie O - Very nice flavor and not overpowering, great smoke.

Master Blends 3 - Very flavorful but a little stronger than I like, still a good smoke.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Now i have to order some pre embargos, how are the american barrel aged? the perdomo smokes that are barrel aged are awesome.

Haveme, hit the share button on the pic you want to post, then hit copy link, and copy the one that says direct. Then when you are making a post you have to click the little picture button above the text window, its third from the right, up there with the smiley faces. Paste your picture link there then hit ok. Then post.

Photo bucket has gone to chit. I can't get it to work right in Moble ....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is from photobucket using a mobile I use the 'direct' link, then hit the image icon and paste it in the image pop up.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The mobile version has gone to shit, but you can still hit the share button and use the direct link option.