SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Funny how certain things stand out. Petr, tell us more about the electronic contraption. Does that provide humidity? Also, "I spy" a CAO Brazila! (one of the few CAO's that I really enjoy, so it always stands out to me)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Jealous of the perdomo lighter.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a Humi-Care EH-PLUS humidifier http://www.cigarsinternational...ectronic-humidifier/ I had to add the fan on the top shelf have air circulation as my humidor is stuffed. It works extremely well with very little maintenance required.

The Brazilia is one that is 4-5 years old according to the salesman. They had a stash of them that were discovered in the warehouse. Notice the yellow cello! There are other sticks buried in there as well, some of which I do not remember!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Petr my OCD just freaked out!

My humidor and Tupperware are sorted by country of orign, then by manufacturer, then by size. Nice neat and orderly. If I feel like a Cuban robusto, or Nicaraguan lancero I know where to go. I am sure you know where everything is. But I still want to fly up to PA just straighten that box out. I

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, most times I grab a smoke, I have no idea what I want...let alone the country it is from. I root around until I find something that catches my eye. Hence the reason it looks the way it does. Not only that, some times they are filling voids to get the most out of the available space. I do agree though, it should be neater than what it is now.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, I'm sorry. I just re-read what I had typed and realized that it sounds rude. That was not my intent. Text is difficult to see the feeling most times.

Oh, come on up any time!

posted Hide Post
Ronin, I forgot to mention that since you like the Brazilia, you should try the La Flor Dominicana La Nox. A great cigar with the Brazilian flavor.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
La Flor Dominicana La Nox

Thanks for that tip, I'm not familiar with that stick, but will say that I am currently getting my Brazilian fix with a Davidoff Escurio.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm currently enjoying a La Flor Dominicana Litto Gomez.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Petr
I didn't take your post as rude. Like email tone doesn't come across well. All good man.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
If any of you cigar guys ever smoke pipes, I have a tobacco recommendation: Solani 656, Aged Burley Flake. I generally don't care for burley, but I really like this one. Very rich flavor! I have almost 50 50g tins in my tobacco stash. I buy it from SmokingPipes.com.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8938 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
A few of my cigar goodies

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Question for you guys. How does the flavor on the monte #3 4 and 5 compare to the 2? Is it the same or close to the same blend? How is the quality control of the others vs the #2? I've heard so much about bad quality and consistency with the #2.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I have only had the #2 and petite #2. No inconsistency that I have noticed. Monte #2 us a great cuban

The 3, 4, and 5 should be the same blend. They will have a slightly different flavor due to the amount of fill aka ring size. Smaller ring size equals less filler as you know.

#3 (woody) and #4 (earthy) are 42 ring. #5 (vegetal) is 40 ring. 52 for #2 (spicy).

I really want to try the Petite Edmundo also

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input. The #2 is fantastic. But i have heard of inconsistency here and in other groups/forums. Just gaining some input before i drop a couple hundred bucks on a cabinet.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I smoke the #1, & &4 regularly and they are similar to one another however when comparing these two as well as comparing them to the no. 2 the age and quality of construction really make the differences. If it were same box dates I think you would fine enough similarities that they have similar profiles you would enjoy it.

If it were me, and I was selecting a box of 1, 3, 4, or 5 I would base my choice on age and choose the older box date.

I had a #1 which had the old band had a 2011 box date, and a new #4 that was a 2015. The no.1 was hands down better.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
COH has specials on the No. 1, 4, 5, and the petite 2 right now.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
TaT La Riqueza #2

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
EP Carillo dark ritual, not a bad smoke. Lots of cocoa a hint of nuts and pepper, the pepper is getting stronger as i smoke it and the cocoa is getting sweeter.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Football and Tat -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ