SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

La Gloria Cubana Serie R Limitada 2004

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Haveme
The time frame of those Fonseca predates Nicaraguan cigars in the past 10 years there have been a lot of good brands come out.

Not all of these are Nicaraguan but these are some medium bodied smokes I have enjoyed over the years.

ashton
AVO
My Father Connecticut
Crowned Heads hardly Grange, and la Crème
Some La Palina
La Barba (Also Honduran)
Illusione
Perdomo Champagne

There are others that will get listed by my fellow cigar smokers

Tatuaje Skinny Goldman for me this afternoon.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm not gonna give over 10.oo for a stick unless it's a holliday !
Some here are very very wealthy it seems !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I budget for cigars and buy singles most times. I rarely buy a box unless it is a hell of a deal. Right now I am only buying singles as I do not have any room in my humidor.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I also budget for my smokes, try to find online deals for bundles or boxes, generally they end up 40-50% cheaper. There are some smokes that are just that good and they never go sale, but if you buy a box they end up a little cheaper.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys use a Jaridor? Holds 25 full size sticks - would look kinda cool at my desk, but the lid is not a super tight seal. I know it is ceramic, and with the heavy cover and a humidipactucked onto it I'd think it should be fine?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice Ronin! Those absolutely can be used to keep humidity in. They work great.

ETA I see it's sold as a humidor very nice.

My Father did a release in a jar this was what I had yesterday. It was awesome. The Garcia's are artisans with tobacco.

http://halfwheel.com/atlantic-...up-for-talavera-jars

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Success!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad news from CI last night. They will no longer be carrying CLE. It is a sad, sad day.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Celebrating! Gave notice to the Corp I've worked at for 17 years. Start a new job Jan 3rd. Salary increase as good or better Corp, more opportunities for advancement. I am done next Friday have more than two weeks off at Christmas. Between now and end of Dec I'll get six weeks of pay.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
GATOR!!!

CONGRATS!!!

DON'T BE SURPRISED IF A CELEBRATION CIGAR SHOULD HIT YOUR DOOR IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Ronin nice ceramic jar and Prometheus humidors. I can recommend both the jar and humidors. How many cigars can you get in the God of Fire?

I bought a San Cristobal De La Habana jar back in October. Took a chance with a Swiss dealer I had never heard of. Things worked out great.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Sobremesa El Americano tonight.

Well made cigar, drew well perfect burn. Needed a single relight in the last 1.5". Smooth with a decent amount of smoke. My wife commented the smoke was acrid, she knew right off it wasn't something I usually smoke.

A decent smoke but not a $13 one.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have tried a few different sticks in the last few days. 5 Vegas Gold was very mellow and nice smoke. PDR Habano reserve was difficult to stay lit and very one note in flavor to my palate.

I have noticed that I prefer the medium strength with a more mellow flavor profile but yet multiple flavors. Many of the Gurkha's I've tried fit that. However, I'd say about 1/3 of the Gurkha's have construction issues that occur as I smoke them, mainly a crack or two, or some unraveling of the wrapper. Perfect example was a Gurkha Spec Ops, it was blah where as the Beast, Beauty and Legend 2001 were all great.

What others have similar flavor profiles but perhaps a more consistent construction?

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Medium body with complexity has really started to become my favorite. For many years I was a full bodied smoke stronger the better. I still enjoy full bodied smoke but I find myself enjoy medium complex smokes more often.

I am a huge crowned Heads fan. Headley Grange, La Crème, la Impiriosa these are all medium med+ with good complexity.

Illusione is another favorite of mine in that medium med+ category.

Some Fuente products, my father la antquidad (sp?)

In the medium priced category El Baton is a nica puro that's not very complex but it's got good flavor.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
quote:

I am a huge crowned Heads fan. Headley Grange, La Crème, la Impiriosa these are all medium med+ with good complexity.

The shop I frequent just resupplied on La Imperiosa's. I was tempted to just buy a box they are so damn good. The flavor and aroma is incredible. I've not had a single bad smoke in that line.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Try the Le Careme it's a great cigar, my favorite new cigar. I pay around $8 which to me is good value. It's a broadleaf wrapper but the blend is different. Usually when I have seen broadleaf blended with strong full bodied binder and filler. The Le Careme is different very complex but medium bodied. The owner of CH stated it was meant to taste like a chocolate souffle. It definitely has a cocoa taste, but the broadleaf adds some spice. It's a very unique use of broadleaf.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
quote:
Try the Le Careme it's a great cigar, my favorite new cigar. I pay around $8 which to me is good value. It's a broadleaf wrapper but the blend is different. Usually when I have seen broadleaf blended with strong full bodied binder and filler. The Le Careme is different very complex but medium bodied. The owner of CH stated it was meant to taste like a chocolate souffle. It definitely has a cocoa taste, but the broadleaf adds some spice. It's a very unique use of broadleaf.

They just had a Crowned Heads event at my shop and I'm fairly certain they had several choices of the La Careme in the walk in the next day. I'll be sure to grab some.

posted Hide Post
http://www.stripes.com/news/ci...afghanistan-1.443739

I have been there, its part/next to the Pat Tillman Memorial USO.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Medium body with complexity has really started to become my favorite. For many years I was a full bodied smoke stronger the better. I still enjoy full bodied smoke but I find myself enjoy medium complex smokes more often.

Illusione is another favorite of mine in that medium med+ category.

Some Fuente products, my father la antquidad (sp?)

In the medium priced category El Baton is a nica puro that's not very complex but it's got good flavor.

I agree that the Crowned Heads should be on the list of cigars to try in this category. I'd also add several L'Atelier cigars, Caldwell's Blind Man's Bluff, and blend labs kk4560.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post