SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Acid smokes are flavor infused. Blech. I tried one once. Took 2 puffs and threw it out. Leemur likes them, i think. If you have any more im sure he'd be happy to take them off your hands.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving my cigar smoking brothers!

I am sitting at the local B&M for our annual Thanksgiving morning smoker.

Locker members are invited 8am to 10am and bring dishes to share, coffee, and good conversation.

Store owner lets it be known the "til is closed" and we are all invited to choose any cigar off the shelf - comped.

As always, I choose the Liga #9. There might be better sticks to take, but the #9 was the first premium cigar I ever smoked that made me realize there was something better out there than Acids, and has been my Thanksgving morning smoke for many years.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Acid smokes are flavor infused. If you have any more im sure he'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Yeah not a fan. Lemur I would be happy to send them your way. Only have a couple left. Shoot me an email if you would like them - free of charge! Wink

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Leemur likes grape flavored white owls too.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
La'Atelier Cote de whatever. With coffee and cream. Turkey on the smoker, beautiful weather and the sound of gunfire. (I live next to a big gun store and range)

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any experience with something like this? It is a good deal and would fit well in my basement office:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K...fa_apa_BnYnybQCFR0Z3

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
For $50 more I'd go

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K...ybQCFR0Z3?th=1&psc=1

By the way I'll add you can find a thermoelectric cooler and prep it yourself, then buy shelves and drawers but after that you will be close to this cost anyway. I have a former coworker who has one. These will condensate depending on environment all factors but it is generally not the fault of the cooler.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Those look really nice, but call me old fashioned. Id rather have the nice looking wooden humidor on a desk or, as I'm lucky enough to have, an antique wooden cart. It was a popcorn cart, my little woman turned it into a bourbon cart for me.

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Turkey is in the oven, time to relax for a bit.

Might as well make it something a little special on a holiday. Decided to finally break into the box.

All is forgiven Drew Estate. While the Acid line may not be for me, y'all can still make a mighty fine cigar.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Acid smokes are flavor infused. If you have any more im sure he'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Yeah not a fan. Lemur I would be happy to send them your way. Only have a couple left. Shoot me an email if you would like them - free of charge! Wink

Woooooo! Email incoming, thanks!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Leemur likes grape flavored white owls too.

Straight pimpin yo Razz

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Montecristo #2. My first one, someone here sent it to me. All i can say is wow. Just wow. Of all the cubans ive tried, this is the only one that isnt just mediocre. Its fucking amazing. This is going to hurt my wallet.

posted Hide Post
punch seleccion cigars have gotten my attention right now. They must be an on going special or something. I see 1,2,3,4 on Google but can't find em to buy anywhere online only cigar shops.
Fonseca's were my go to back years ago.

Posts: 723 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roma craft Neanderthal this evening. Damn good stick that I highly recommend to anyone that has not had one yet. Very full bodied with complex flavors.

On a side note, the dogs love being able to run free in the yard, specifically Dixie our coonhound. We still have to figure out what kind of gates we want, but we blocked off access with the wire fencing and metal posts.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
On a long layover in Chicago. Downtown, and I head out to find a place to smoke. There is a piano bar nearby that opens at 7. No good.

I finally find the Biggs Mansion, which has a cigar shop and a lounge in the basement.

Relaxing with an Alec Bradley Prensado while it rains outside. Meeting a buddy at Chicago Pizza Oven Grinder later for dinner. Life is good!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Casa de Montercristo is a good place. There is one in the city and one not to far from the airport. I've been to the airport area location, great selection, they also have a special hummidor that has really hard to find stuff, cigars that have been discontinued etc. I didn't even go in there cause I knew I spend to much money.

Tesa cigars is also a must go to. Lounge and they sell their own cigars from their own factory in Nicaragua. The founding father was one of the original drew estates investors. Research their story it's pretty cool. Good cigars!

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Casa de Monte renamed their other stores likely due licensing issues. The shop with lounge near O'Hare was 8 to 8 cigars. When I say close it was a 15-20 drive

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I had to re register due to email isp change.
Id still like to learn what "punch seleccion" cigars is all about.

quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1:
punch seleccion cigars have gotten my attention right now. They must be an on going special or something. I see 1,2,3,4 on Google but can't find em to buy anywhere online only cigar shops.
Fonseca's were my go to back years ago.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever tried any of the 2nds or over-runs offered thru CI or other vendors? CI states they will vary in dimensions but I wonder about general quality.

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post