SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Big Baller

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator -

That is REALLY funny!!'

It was not that bad, they let me roll it into my car payment! Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Lmao thats funny shit. Review those when you smoke them please. For all of us living vicariously through you.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Oh btw ill just put this here.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/t...-no-9-dress-box.html

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Huh. I didn't know you can even get the dress-boxes on line. I passed on that, got the sticks but I long ago gave up on trying to get a dress box. Only good if you have the whole collection and some of the older ones are zero-point-zero chance of getting.

There is a guy at our B&M that has the whole set, they only get "one" and instead of screwing around with drawings or lottos they let him buy it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Okay Ronin we know this "friend" doesn't really exist and you just don't want to show us your collection.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the karma! Seriously though, review them when you smoke them and include if they were worth the price.

I'm smoking an Enclave by A. J. Fernandez after an extremely late supper of Buffalo wings. I'm still sweating they were that good...i.e. HOT!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay Ronin we know this "friend" doesn't really exist and you just don't want to show us your collection.

Ha! I wish that were the truth!

Petr - I am attending an annual campfire with 3 very good friends next Friday night. One of these will be the first stick of the night...I'll take notes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Hope it's a big bonfire, it might be quite frigid!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
Here was my treat the other day after mowing and oil changes. It was very good, especially nice midway through. Would definitely buy if I had the oppurtunity. This was in my Christmas karma package. Thanks again to Santa and Ronin for setting things up.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Caldwell Long Like the King tonight.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Ronnin,looks like some tasty smokes in that boxSmile I hate when things like that just "end" up at my house..

Kenpoist, I really liked the LLtK I smoked. Have you had one before? What'd you think of it? I've heard that Caldwell was taking other sticks that had been discontinued and rebranding them.. I don't know whether I believe that or not, but the few different Caldwell sticks I've had have been good.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The LLTK is not a rebrand. He started releasing 5 packs with names like Backdoor Bambi, Cream Crush, Balls Deep etc.

I like the LLTK, and Eastern Standard. I don't like the marketing of slapping a stupid name on cigars that are sitting in a warehouse in Nicaragua, claiming their long lost forgotten smokes and changing a premium for cigars that were in the discount bin.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I got mine from stogietoys.com it's a little rustic but I have used the divot repair tool to stab a cigar and smoke it further than a I should. I have used the bottle opener as well.

http://stogietoys.com
<snip>

Thanks for link, Gator. I ordered 4, engraved. They shipped yesterday and will arrive before my event next week.

Guys, StogieToys were very easy to work with...I highly recommend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
furlough

Breaking into the sticks that you sent me, looking forward to lighting this up in a few minutes.

Smoked another boxer; amazing how profiles change with different liquid refreshments. Overall I enjoyed it , spicy notes , it kind of reminded me of the Bahia cigars that I used to smoke only better.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Kenpoist, I really liked the LLtK I smoked. Have you had one before? What'd you think of it? I've heard that Caldwell was taking other sticks that had been discontinued and rebranding them.. I don't know whether I believe that or not, but the few different Caldwell sticks I've had have been good.

I really liked it, except it was hard to keep lit. Probably not the cigars fault.

I have a few other Caldwells in the humidor - Eastern Standard, My Style is Jalapeño, and a The King is Dead. I'll have to post back with what I think of the rest.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The lanceros My Style Is Jalapeno is a Long Live the King line extension. Drybox that for two days prior to smoking. That is one of Caldwell's best cigars

I say that because they are notoriously hard to keep lit.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have been holding on to this Gurkha Art Deco for many years. These are the ones that are supposed to be infused with Louis XIII cognac; hoping for the best!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
furlough

Breaking into the sticks that you sent me, looking forward to lighting this up in a few minutes.

Smoked another boxer; amazing how profiles change with different liquid refreshments. Overall I enjoyed it , spicy notes , it kind of reminded me of the Bahia cigars that I used to smoke only better.

Ronin glad they are decent. I have not had the Boxers myself.

In Portland tonight. Stopped by Rich's Cigar Shop and grabbed 6 different 2016 TAA sticks. Also grabbed a La Gloria Cubana Serie R that I am enjoying now in the cigar room at the bottom of Kell's Irish Pub on 2nd and Pine. A nice Irish Red, college football and a good stick - life is good!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post

Caldwell Anastasia tonight during college football.

This was one of the sticks in a Small Bagch sampler I received. Don't know much about them, and my Google fu doesn't give a ton of information. A ton of cedar flavor in the first third so far. I don't know I would have selected one off the shelf, so I've enjoyed trying something different!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post