SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
American Viet Kieu
Picture of christuan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Update on the Alec Bradley mystery box.

I called JR Cigars and they were surprisingly evasive. I could not get anything out of them.

So I e-mailed Alec Bradley and got this response:

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to contact Alec Bradley Cigars! Over the last few months we have been placing mystery boxes across the country- a little guerilla marketing effort, if you will. The Alec Bradley 1995 is one of these secret projects and JR was one of our partners for this project. With that said, the cigar is a proprietary blend of mostly Nicaraguan & Honduran tobaccos. Due to the secrecy of the project, I am unable to say more than that. I hope you enjoy them, as, for the time being, they won’t be easy to find. Again, thank you for your inquiry and Live True!

Best,

Jonathan Ross Lipson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Alec Bradley Cigar Co.

So there you have it. I think I'll smoke one soon and let the rest age for a while.

Alec Bradleys are some of my favorites as well. I did the same deal and thought I'd get a sample box of 20, but ended up with a full box of Prensado Doble Rosados.

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 6051 | Location: PacNW | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I would have been very happy with a box of Prensados!

As it is, I think I might have scored something nice. I still have not smoked one.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I was rotating the stock in my humidor and found a Diesel Wicked torpedo that I must have gotten in some variety pack.

I fired it up and was expecting an almost overpowering smoke but the cigar was very full bodied but not too strong. Very nice, in fact.

Not very many subtle flavors (zero for me) but not the beast I was expecting. Very smooth burn, and a well built ciger. I might have to order more!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been working on the floors here with not much time to smoke. I did, however, take a break on Friday night for CI. The Pepin H2KCT is a great smoke! Starts off with Pepin spice and settles into a fabulous blend of nutty coffee. I grabbed another one on the way out.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, after the 1:30 football games, I sat out on our patio with an LP #9 and a couple fingers of Calumet Farm Bourbon. Nice

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man O War Puro Authentico maduro torpedo this evening. These are not for the weak!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Montecristo media noche that someone here sent me. What a fantastic smoke! Mild and creamy with just the right hit of pepper and spice. Very dark cocoa tobacco flavors. I gotta get more of these. None of my b&ms stick them though.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Montecristo media noche that someone here sent me. What a fantastic smoke! Mild and creamy with just the right hit of pepper and spice. Very dark cocoa tobacco flavors. I gotta get more of these. None of my b&ms stick them though.

Still one of my absolute favorites. I will always have a couple around.

I finally got to smoke my first cigar in about 4 weeks. Moved into the new house and have a new wineador! Would post pictures but I can't seem to get Photobucket to work.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Quickie for me tonight -AJ Fernandez Last Call

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I'm falling behind, I need to get a hold of some Zombis/antidotes and monsters. Have they popped up yet?

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
md-lucky, good choice on the wineador.

How many bottle capacity is it? I bought a NewAir AW280E (28 bottle). I used 2lbs of Heartfelt beads for humidification, and it has been no issues since the seasoning.

They are a pain to clean up before you fill them, though. Distilled vinegar worked best for me to get rid of the plastic smell.

Good luck!

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, I don't think any of them dropped yet.

I'm smoking a Las Mareas tonight. It's a collaboration stick and is damn good. Spice, chocolate, nut. Pretty good blend.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed a RomaCraft CroMagnon Aquitaine tonight. I think I prefer the regular CroMagnon, but it's still a great cigar! I really like the construction of the RomaCrafts I've had so far.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
md-lucky, good choice on the wineador.

How many bottle capacity is it? I bought a NewAir AW280E (28 bottle). I used 2lbs of Heartfelt beads for humidification, and it has been no issues since the seasoning.

They are a pain to clean up before you fill them, though. Distilled vinegar worked best for me to get rid of the plastic smell.

Good luck!

Hi Ken,

Loving the decision. It is a Whytner dual cigar and wine... It was the perfect compromise with the wife. She loves it because she can store her wine. I love it because I can store about 350 sticks.

I pulled my electronic humidifier out of the humidor and it got the humidity right in just a few hours.

Finally able to get pictures working again:

Very happy with the purchase! 65* all day, and 68% humidity!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Goat it's they age old habano wrapper vs broadleaf wrapper. They both use a Cameron binder. I like the aquataine better but it's close.

I like the Las Mareas but I'm a Crowned Heads fan.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome setup, md!

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
md-lucky, that is a great setup! Congrats!

Drew Estate Liga Privada for me tonight. These things never disappoint!

Plato

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Have not been at the B&M for a few days and stumbled upon these. I'm so happy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Nice score, the opus' are a bit too pricey for me. I think i still have a couple from almost 2 years ago. I might have to revisit soon.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I have one each of the left and right ones, Ronin. They were sent to me in a trade.

I've been staying away from Fuentes lately, because I used to smoke them 75% of the time. I need to smoke those two sometime soon, though.