SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
They lose a lot of that fresh pepper and full body flavor. I have some that have 2 years of age and while the first 3rd to half have turned into a smooth creamy smoke the last half or so has that full body and pepper flavor to it that the fresh ones do. Except they have a smoother finish. I like them fresh and aged. The UF13 is a great smoke either way.

Interesting!

I keep notes on the cigar tracker app so I can go back later and try the same stick and see if I get anything different. My notes from tonight were that the first third was very heavy with some earthy tones and chocolate with just a dash of pepper. Smooth, but just a touch of spice. The second third was far more pepper - I noted in stead of "chocolate with a touch of pepper, it became a bit of pepper sprinkled with chocolate." The final third went straight back to the earthy tones. It was a note of mushrooms and chocolate, with almost no spice. Very little pepper but almost no cream.

For what it's worth... This was the very first cigar I actually gave 5 stars in my app. It was fantastic flavor, a switch to a completely different but equally fantastic flavor, and a switch back to the original but juuuuuuuuuuust enough different flavor to be unique.

I can't wait to check back in with this one if temptation doesn't bankrupt me of them in 6 weeks...

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Md-lucky, your review of the UF-13 is more nuanced than mine could ever be. But I agree with everything you have said.

I know that it is a great cigar. I smoked one of the ones I picked up in San Juan last month tonight. About 6 weeks of "aging" on this thing.

Yes, the Drew Estate people know how to roll a cigar.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Drew Estates is not the same since Steve Saka and Nick Milellos left. IMHO period end of story. Seek out a foundation cigar co or Sombresa.

I have some Sombresas recovering from shipping right now. I also want to try his new CT broadleaf cigar, Mi Querida.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Look at the burn on that Furlough! Perfect.

It's windy out here, but I'm doing my damndest with this:

Just finished a couple of drafts in fantasy football and unwinding after a great day.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I'm not smoking anything tonight, but I did get my order in from Cbid. I have Laranja Reservas and Joya de Nicaraguas in my immediate future

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Flathead 660 tonight. Kind of disappointed with this stick. Always had a perfect experience with every Flathead I've smoked. this one doesn't want to stay lit. Working too hard for a relaxing Saturday night.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with the 660s. No issues with the 554s though.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Went with a casa Cuba by fuente. Tasty different definitely out of my comfort zone.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
A much needed week away from, "everything".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Speaking of uf13s. This one has a couple years ofor age. I smoked a brisket on the kamado grill overnight so we had the family over for lunch. Sides included homemade mashed potatoes, deviled eggs bbq beans, Spanish rice and a homemade bbq sauce I whipped up.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
My new place (my gfs house) is right next to a shooting range. The constant sounds of guns blasting is really calming. The fall season can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to spend more time out here with a chiminea burning and some pumpkin beer.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
On the front porch with a Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinqo this afternoon

posted Hide Post

My feet are kicked up as well with a L'Atelier Cote de Or later tache.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GA Gator:
Went with a casa Cuba by fuente. Tasty different definitely out of my comfort zone.

I thought were very tasty. Milder than my normal sticks but most Fuentes are.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man O War Ruination belicoso tonight.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
AVO Domaine this afternoon at a cigar lounge in Collierville, TN.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
thoroughly enjoyed this nice smoke a couple of weeks ago after mowing the lawn. I apologize for the late post. I am thinking I may enjoy another with some bourbon this evening after mowing the lawn.

Many thanks Jay! I really appreciate your generosity.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: USMC-PRIDE,

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The generosity of SF members knows no bounds. Smile

About to finish a Man o War Ruination torpedo and a Sam Adams Maple ale on the porch. Paired quite well IMO.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The generosity of SF members knows no bounds. Smile

About to finish a Man o War Ruination torpedo and a Sam Adams Maple ale on the porch. Paired quite well IMO.

Agree 100%!!

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Np at all. I got some of that maple ale in the Sam adams seasonal sampler and wasnt too impressed, I was at the grocery store today though and they had 6 packs of Sam adams 20 pounds of pumpkin. I am hooked on all their pumpkin beers and never tried this one so I picked up 3 6-packs. I'll sample some tomorrow for sure. Still looking for Havrest pumpkin ale, Pumpkin batch, and Fat Jack (my favorite) already stocked up on octoberfest.