SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The bigger concern for the B&M is the packaging requirements, and the post 2007 price hike of minimum $10/stick.

Also questions about whether there can still be walk-in humidors.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
The bigger concern for the B&M is the packaging requirements, and the post 2007 price hike of minimum $10/stick.

Also questions about whether there can still be walk-in humidors.

I didn't see anything about pipe tobacco. But in any case, I think this part:

"Products that were marked prior to Feb 15, 2007 are considered grandfathered and as such are exempt from FDA regulation."

Means that most of the stuff that I smoke is exempt. The fucking government.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
http://cigarobsession.com/2016...ered-cigar-industry/

Check out Bryan Glynns take on it.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Communist America...

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I can't stand that guy. Running his mouth like chicken little, never been a fan of his reviews either.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of now, everything is an assumption. If it goes the way he says it may, we are screwed. Obviously, a lot of brands are owned by a single company and it will thin the herd of the lesser performing sellers and only the strong will survive and move forward. Of course, we, as the end users, will have to pay more for cigars to offset the costs involved.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Slightly less over-the-top interpretation of what this means -

5 TAKEAWAYS FROM FDA’S DECISION TO REGULATE CIGARS

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Besides more government pissing me off. I am pissed about the speculation that General and Altidas are supporting this to stiffle competition. They can eat a bag of dicks, and take their shitty cigars and shove them up there collective asses. There is not one good cigar coming from either of those two companies and every Cuban brand they ripped off sucks. I long for the day the embargo is lifted and they get stripped of the brands they ripped off.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator, very very will put. And to help those who do not know...for the most part, your favorite online retailers will pretty much be left alone. The more I think about this bit with the FDA, the more pissed I get. Thought I'd go to JR and CI and see what they had to say about this....hang on, it has to be on their website somewhere...ummm...really? Nothing? Not even a CRA ad?

Gee I wonder who owns the popular online sticks?

General Cigars
- Olivia
- Macanudo
- Cohiba
- Partagas
- La Gloria Cubana
- CAO
- Punch
- Hoyo de Monterrey
- Excalibur
- Foundry

Altidas
- H. Upmann
- Montecristo
- Romeo y Julieta
- Siglo Limited Resserve

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jon Huber is the owner of Crowned Heads I found this reassuring

BOTL - The cigar industry is NOT DEAD. We are looking at "regulation"--not "prohibition."
Will there be changes to come? YES. Will you be able to walk into a tobacconist and purchase/smoke a cigar? YES. Will we need to adapt to the changes to come? YES. Will we manage to thrive? YES.
Is Crowned Heads going anywhere? NO!
Cheers.
Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tonight in protest is the FDA, I smoke the Crux Limitada PB5. One of many cigars that will not exist if the government had their way.

Also a cigar that you will not find on the big internet sites - the same sites who are doing nothing to fight this ruling.

Tomorrow I begin cycling through my collection of more limited cigars - those are gone too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Back to our regularly scheduled programs

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
He was being a bit Glenn Beckish in that video. Just missing a few tears. Anyways, back on track.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Tonight is my 35th birthday gents. Help me pick out a smoke.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Owner of the little tobacco shop that opened up in the far northeast corner of our county says his suppliers are not very concerned. they pointed out this has been beaten back before and while it will likely require change, the industry has been aware and preparing for it.

Bought a handful of some new stuff from him, all Nicaraguan, all new to me. i'll get a pick when i get home tonight.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hello Spring goodness-Tatuaje Black label

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Jay! Tough choice to make as to which one I'd grab. I have not had a Cote de Or so that would be my choice.

I am nearing the end of a Tatuaje 10th anniversary at this moment.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thats one of my last 2 cote de orr. Im kind of torn between it and the Viaje collectors edition. I still have a dinner to go to and a few hours before i choose.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Jay. Without question it would be the UF 13 for me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Jay

I am having a CdO with a good craft beer

Chi Chi, get the yayo