SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
It was awesome. When the Montecristo's are good they are great. This had the old band pre 2012? Band change. Do you know the box date?

Edit I meant to ask if you know the box dates when you order your cigars. There are some sources that refer to older box dates as aged. Even though they might be 2010 or 2012 they advertise them and charge a premium.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I already have a gun and watch habit. I need a cigar habit like I need a hole in the head!

Sitting now on the balcony of my Seattle layover hotel halfway through a Guillermo Leon torpedo. I know just about nothing about cigars, but this one is nice!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Yakuza ended up being ok. Nothing great by any means and I think carries a price around $15 each. I don't think it is worth that. The flavor profile was a bit of pepper and a mix of something I couldn't figure out and I found after I was finished with it, the flavors remained and mixed well as an aftertaste. The body was medium to full, closer to full. The construction was good, as in it didn't come apart, but I needed to touch it up a lot to correct the burn. If you can get one cheaper than the asking price, try it out.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Furlough, It can get expensive but you can get into cigar smoking relatively cheap and build up from there. Welcome aboard!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Went on a campout this weekend with a bunch of people from the Michigan firearms training community. Perfect weather, cool at night, almost 80 through the day.

There was cigars, there was bourbon. Enjoyed some Four Roses, Makers Mark 46, Blanton's and Woodford Double Oaked. Got around to smoking a CAO 770. What a great stick. HUGE! Well flavored and not incredibly strong for such a big and dark cigar. Burn was almost perfect, just one tiny touch up.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Anybody want a box? I may be able to get one more - first "yes" and I'll see what I can do.

Tatuaje Skinny Monsters -
$120.59

The size is a 6 x 38 - similar to a Petite Lancero.

Each box contains 10 differently blended cigars which are...

The Frank
The Drac
The Face
The Wolfman
The Mummy
The Jason
The Jekyll
The Hyde
The Chuck
The Tiff

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12330 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I plan to get one, that size is right in my wheel house. Love the smaller RG.

There will be a good amount of cigars in production so these will not be to rare. I also heard that based on feedback some of these will get their production increased and they will be offered in 5 packs. I love the mummy blend.

Did you get the email about signing up for the notice for the opening of 'Saints and sinners' Tatuaje forum. I signed up to get noticed when it opens. You have to be lucky and get the notice, and join as soon as you get it or you don't get in. It's limited to few entries. I will likely try to join.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you get the email about signing up for the notice for the opening of 'Saints and sinners' Tatuaje forum

Unfortunately I did not. I can log into the site and shop for mdse, but the top right shows "club sold out". I cannot even find a spot asking to be alerted to future openings. I'd join in a heartbeat -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12330 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
I haven't smoked too many gars of late, but I did smoke some Capstan Blue on Pipe Smoker's recommendation.. I really liked it and if it was cased, I couldn't tell. Here's a pic of the Savenelli 311 ks I smoked it in.

Glad that you liked the Capstan Blue. J. R. R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings" author, smoked this tobacco exclusively. I think that it does have a topping, but it's delicately applied. That's a good looking pipe – looks like a "sitter".

BTW – I've never found a straight burley that I've liked, but a recommendation from a pipe forum buddy induced me to order several tins of Solani 656 – Aged Burley Flake. It'll be here on Monday. A couple of reviews said it had a cigar-like flavor.

Edit: Right now I'm smoking Dunhill Flake, a very fine Virginia with no flavoring of any sort.

Interesting that you mention Dunhill Flake.. I had some after the Capstan.. I really enjoyed it too.

This weekend we had a family get together.. Smoked a Norteno, Leaf Sumatra and a Sam Leccia Luchador. All of them were really good.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I plan to get one, that size is right in my wheel house. Love the smaller RG.

There will be a good amount of cigars in production so these will not be to rare. I also heard that based on feedback some of these will get their production increased and they will be offered in 5 packs. I love the mummy blend.

Did you get the email about signing up for the notice for the opening of 'Saints and sinners' Tatuaje forum. I signed up to get noticed when it opens. You have to be lucky and get the notice, and join as soon as you get it or you don't get in. It's limited to few entries. I will likely try to join.

They've shipped!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Time for a new chair!

http://hiconsumption.com/2016/...chair-by-el-purista/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I love the chair but this pic from their site makes me think they don't know which end to light. Reminds me of the H&k magazine.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
If I smoked inside, that chair would be nice. Instaed, I have 2 white plastic chairs and a stand up ashtray on the front porch. Nothing fancy but it is covered from the elements.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The back of that chair is too low.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Evening gents. No pics tonight, but really enjoyed a Rocky 15th Anniversary - love the nutty flavor of that stick!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Been waiting a long time to crack this bottle and smoke my last La Verite 2008 - No better time than tonight - Rest in Peace, Prince

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...sigh...
Eenie- mieny - miney- moe...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I would have to go Lost City

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Tough choice, but that UF13 looks tempting though and I'm not a Liga fan by any means. That is one of my favorites when they are on sale.

Tonight I am smoking an East India Trading Co. Wicked Indie. The price tag was $4.89 but I got them at the auction last year. Surprisingly very good with hints of roasted almonds. I'm digging it.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...and the UF13 it is. Of all the Liga collection, this is my favorite.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ