SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice job on the floor looks good, I redid our first floor a year ago. That's a lot of work.

Enjoy the Monte that is pre 2012 band change, so it has some nice age on it.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. It's even tougher when the floor is "tavern" grade. Lots of short pieces to fit in where seams do not line up from row to row. It takes longer laying out a row than it does nailing it down!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje Black and Surly Furious Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I came camping and left a dozen cigars at home. Cubans, limited tatuaje, oh well there is a liquor store not far with a selection of 'fine' cigars Roll Eyes

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Oh Gator. My brother of the leaf, how could you!?!

That area you are in is absolutely beautiful -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Drew Estate Java Maduro and a Lakefront Fixed Gear outside on the deck. Quite the contrast to the snow we had Friday night to Saturday morning.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Brickhouse Robusto tonight. How have I missed these? for a $5 stick it's pretty darn nice. Found a new small shop this week out and about on service calls and scored one there. Going to get some more.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just an observation - but Brad that was post 3500 in this thread. I think we have the highest post-count of any thread on Sig Forum (other than the Cat thread of course!)

ETA - The Trump thread is over 7k!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The Brickhouse maduro is a great smoke. Ive only had the ridiculously huge size (named Mighty Mighty) but it was a great smoke.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I've been battling my humidor, trying to get the humidity above 60% (stuck on 58%). I've just moved the humidor for a third time--into our pantry now. Made yet another change in humidifiers this evening. Really getting frustrating, never had this much trouble before.

Update. I continued to have low humidity issues no matter what I did. This morning I called C.I. and talked to a customer service rep. Earlier, I misidentified its capacity as "25 cigars." It's actually a desktop 40-50 cigar humidor. She identified a couple issues. First, she said I didn't have enough cigars for proper humidity stabilization (I only had about a dozen), she recommended that I keep it at least half full--easily remedied, I ordered 25 more cigars. Next, she recommended that I re-season the humidor. This I have done, in a couple days I should know more about the results.

In case you might be interested, I ordered:
5--AF Hemingway Work of Art Maduros;
5--Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu #9;
5--LP #9;
10 cigar sampler of med-full robustos.

I am also calibrating my hygrometer. It's digital and I expect it will be pretty close, but it's good to know.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The liquor store had la aroma de Cuba not all is lost

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
TMats - Some nice cigars you picked there. The Tatuaje is one of my favorites.

Gator, You picked that band out of your ashtray and put it on a Phillie Blunt...didn't you?! Lol

I am finally sitting down and enjoying a Man O War Armada at the moment.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This isn't a rant but I have to vent somewhere. My daughter had a dream she was trapped and had to go to the bathroom and she pee'd in the corner of the tent. Then went back to sleep.

This was the first year the kids got their own tent. My poor son.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Was at the shop today and his Gurkha rep was there. I picked up a few new to me (12 year reserve and some others) so he gave me a rum infused maduro. Now I just need a warm day to try it!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I needed to take a break from the floor. It is a slow process picking out boards to fit amongst the seams of the previous rows. My body aches and is tired. I am listening to the Penguins game, smoking a Montecristo Platinum. Good game and a good stick too.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Smoked a nice Punch Monday at the Masters and a decent dominican RyJ tonight. Neither were world class but nice to have time to just sit and burn one. Haven't had that in too long.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Just finished (smoked to a tiny nub) a Ramon Allones Cubano courtesy of our resident top spinner. Thanks Jeff, it was very nice.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Enjoying this Ave Maria Reconquista this evening. A LONG weekend of installing the floor. I have 1/4 of the living room to do yet and it's down!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I haven't smoked too many gars of late, but I did smoke some Capstan Blue on Pipe Smoker's recommendation.. I really liked it and if it was cased, I couldn't tell. Here's a pic of the Savenelli 311 ks I smoked it in.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje Black petite lancero this evening.