SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've not experienced that same tight draw with those, I can see that you had to take a heck of a clip off of it too - drat.

Glad you enjoyed the flavor, it is one that Yarchin got me hooked on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was almost like sucking a milkshake through a straw. I even punched it numerous times with no success. It was a good cigar though. Yeah, I didn't want to clip any more off for fear of it unwrapping.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
It was almost like sucking a milkshake through a straw. I even punched it numerous times with no success. It was a good cigar though. Yeah, I didn't want to clip any more off for fear of it unwrapping.

Well that just won't stand. No sir,no it won't. Something is going to have to be done about that...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Cup of coffee and an Isla del Sol toro this morning. For a low cost coffee infused this one can't be beat.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Enjoying this tonight. Very tight draw, almost too tight, but great flavor. Thank you, again, Ronin

You might try pipe smoking. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Draw and burn are perfect. I was in the mood for a good flavorful medium strength cigar and this delivered

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Having my first Perdomo Habano barrel aged torpedo. Good draw! Not as strong as the Camacho barrel aged I've had. Looking forward to seeing how these age.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I've been battling my humidor, trying to get the humidity above 60% (stuck on 58%). I've just moved the humidor for a third time--into our pantry now. Made yet another change in humidifiers this evening. Really getting frustrating, never had this much trouble before.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A few nights ago on a cool Houston evening, I shared a smoke with a good friend of mine who retired from the airline for whom I still fly. I treated him to a La Gloria Cubana Torpedo #1 and I enjoyed a Serie N Glorioso, he with a Cabernet and I with Crown Black Label. I was rather pleased when he told me the next day that he thought that was the best cigar he had ever had. I'm very careful about how I treat my cigars and their condition in the humidor. There's something very satisfying about that.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The care with which one treats their cigars creates results which feed the soul of a cigar smoker.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I've been battling my humidor, trying to get the humidity above 60% (stuck on 58%). I've just moved the humidor for a third time--into our pantry now. Made yet another change in humidifiers this evening. Really getting frustrating, never had this much trouble before.

If you are using hygrometer calibrate it.

How big is you box, how many cigars do you have in it, and what are you using to add humidity.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I had a low humidity problem using the xikar premixed liquid. I switched to distilled water and bought 10 water pillows. 6 in the big box and 4 in the small box. Using oasis brand humidifiers now also. Seems to work better. Im at 68 in the small box and 70 in the big box.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
True Erj! I shared one with a friend of mine a few weeks ago. He was used to the ones bought in poor if any humidity at liquor stores. He said t was the best he had and he actually enjoyed smoking one for the first time! The others he said always made his mouth dry and he spit like crazy.

I'd make sure the seals are good on your humidors too and do the salt test to check the hygrometers. I did that a month back after a suggestion on this fine forum. One was off by one percent. The other was off by 10%!! I've also invested in a few boveda packs.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I will certainly calibrate the hygrometer. Honestly, I've had it for quite a while (a few years), it's a digital and I took it for granted that it was still accurate. I will add that in handling and smoking my cigars lately, it seems like the low reading is accurate.

The humidor is a pretty basic, I suppose it's little more than a 25 cigar size. In the past, I successfully maintained proper humidity with just a Paradigm sponge-type humidifier and 1 disc humidifier.

With the problems I've been having I sent for a couple of small jars of the gel bead humidifiers. First I put one in with the Paradigm. When that didn't bring humidity up, I put the disc in as well. Now I've got both of the gel bead jars (alone) in there charged with a mix of distilled water and PG.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Kinda cool - added shelves to my B&M locker.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ BALLER

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Kristoff Maduro tonight. Like the Criollo's better. Nice burn and draw but the flavor is not well rounded. About half way though the stick, hoping for redemption in the last third.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin...? Nothing is needed. My mailbox is still wrapped in duck tape and listing 40°!

I was working on the floor all day yesterday and today. We have 14 rows down, 20 feet long. I'm eating a bowl of ice cream and will be outside shortly for a cigar.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On to cigars! Last night I went to CI with a guy I work with. I ended up getting a Padron "Hammer" , My Father le Bijiou, a Blend Lab KK4560, and an Aganorsa corojo. I started with the Aganorsa which was ok, nothing special, then I lit up the KK4560. Oh my the flavors were present and accounted for in this one! I wanted to save the Padron and the le Bijiou for later, but I wanted another cigar.
I went and picked up a CAO Camshaft and lit that off. They were running a special on Ave Maria Reconquista for $12 each. I asked the one employee if he had one and what he thought of it. He took the coffin out of my hand, scanned it in the computer, and as he was handing it to me, told me to find out for myself. He gave me the stick to try! I will smoke it sometime in the near future so long as the weather and spare time cooperate. When I do, I will give a little review on it.
Now for this evenings enjoyment! Another cigar gifted by Ronin. Monte #2! Perfect for relaxing and letting my knees, back, and toes rest up for tomorrow's round of flooring!

posted Hide Post
Wow! Lots of comments I missed last night! I'm glad to hear that the La Gloria Cubana was mentioned. In my opinion, they are a very good cigar, priced accurately.
Low humidity was an issue for me over the winter that I solved be calibrating my hygrometer with a Bovida pack and a Humi-Care EH-PLUS humidifier. It has been holding steady at 68%.
Pipe Smoker, I have enough money wrapped up in other hobbies, cigars, beer, and projects around the house to add pipes into the mix.
Other good cigars mentioned here too. You can tell the weather is turning warmer!