SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Eiroa tonight. Nice stick, draw is excellent, burn is perfect. Strong but not overwhelming strong. I'd buy more of them.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It's been cold as hell and snowing here today. Tomorrow won't be any better. I'm waiting on a box of CI Legends Drew Estates Copper and five Acid Opulence for next week when the weather is supposed to improve.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad, The Eiroa is a great cigar as are most of the sticks he has a hand in. CLE and the old Camacho.

Lee, Did you get the Copper Legends on sale last week?

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Yes I got the box for $64.99

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje TAA 2015 with some Elijah Craig Barrel Proof celebrating the end of a good weekend. Daughter pitched well in her softball game. My son hit a triple that was blast the the wall in center field that knocked in two runs. I finally am out of my shoulder sling from rotator cuff surgery and actually got some yard work done. First day of spring here's to putting the crappy winter behind me.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Tried a Gurkha Cellar Reserve 15 today at the shop. Very good smoke! Started with heavy pepper and slowly shifted to molasses near the end.

posted Hide Post
CLE Cuarenta robusto this evening. This has only been in my humidor for two weeks but I wanted to see how it was fresh.

I've been working on the floor and the weather was not helpful either to smoke anything the past few days. Almost ready to start laying hardwood down!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Viaje Skull and Bones tonight. I'm not sure which one it is, as the tag was removed when I bought it. It is new and has a black band with the red skull and crossed bones on it.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thats a Criollo wrapper from their WMD line. The sizes are all named stuff like MOAB WMD Daisy cutter etc. Great smoke, the skulls line are in my top 5-10. If you see one with the silver skull dont hesitate to grab one. Its the collector's edition and they are awesome.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jay. These never fail to be potent little bastards!

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Letting those CLEs I bought rest. Resisting the temptation to light them ROTT. Hah.

Throughly enjoying a H. Upmann The Banker tonight. Paired with Buffalo Trace. Very smooth creamy textured stick. Just enough medium to full without it being overwhelming. This Habano wrapper is just beautiful too.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flash Ninja, I forgot to update my post. The first quarter to third of the CLE was ok, as it heated up the better it got. I would recommend burning one now so you have a baseline and then you can see if there is a difference.

Oh, I assume you won the bid on CBid?

posted Hide Post
La Gloria Cubana Serie N maduro this evening. What a stick! These keep getting better and better each time I fire one up.

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Yes, I won a few of the robustos. Cbid is pretty easy to win hah. The only thing that you may get overbid on are the top 25 in Cigar International or the Cigar of the Year. Good idea though. I'll give it a try tonight. Smile

Love the Cubana Serie N. Last night I had an Alec Bradley Tempus box press. This is my favorite AB and one of their best.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Trying my second Acid Opulence 3 and still not impressed. The Kuba Kuba, Toast and Blondie are way better.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to lighting this up in a few minutes. Davidoff put out a Toro Nicaraguan box-pressed stick:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That does look good. I have heard great things about the Nicaragua, but have not tried one yet.

This is what I am enjoying right now. I need a break from this damn floor! Oh, it's not the "Digger", it's a 654 maduro.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm a cigar novice but I've followed this thread for the last couple months (and will continue to) in the interest of becoming more educated if you will. I would appreciate suggestions from any of you of what smaller, mild cigar(s) you might recommend for me, and even where to purchase them?
About me, the only tobacco I smoke is maybe 12-18 cigars per year, almost entirely in the warmer season, weekend evening on the porch, around campfires etc, typically accompanied with a drink usually bourbon. Last Spring I bought an 18 stick sampler package from Thompson Cigar and as I went through them I foolishly didn't make record of the different names and the differences in the strengths/flavors. They did vary in size and intensity and the ones I enjoyed most were the milder ones because even they were plenty strong for me as they burned down. Also much of the larger ones were wasted because after so long I was done regardless whether I was at the butt or there was a third remaining. I'm not too concerned about price since I don't smoke that many but let's face it my taste isn't developed that much either. I do have a small humidor and cigar cutter. TIA

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome! My recommendations are as follows in no particular order.
1. My Father Connecticut -mild with pepper and some great flavors
2. Man O War Virtue - mild to medium with great flavor transitions that leave you wanting more
3. Ashton Magnum - while the name sounds menacing, it is not. Another mild cigar
4. Fuente Cuban Corona - They are not Cuban, just the name. Mild cigar that with age, turns very creamy. I.e. Smooth

Try any one of these and I bet you will be back for more.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
WV
Welcome!
Smaller ring gauge, and smaller length like corona or lonsdale size will provide good construction and slightly shorter smoking times.

Brands
Avo, Davidoff (pricey and not a great value), Ashton, my father Connecticut, Herrera Esteli short corona is very good, crowned heads headley grange, Tatuaje cabaiguan, Tatuaje el triunfador

Edit add Ezra Zion is a great small boutique brand great medium body with great flavor.

Edit edit, post a locale if a city near you has a cigar brick and mortar store with a website we might see what they have available

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post