SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nearly 60 degrees in February in Minnesota...hello outdoors smoke, here I come! Now what to choose, what to choose?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dad and I installed a garage door today, we'll not quite finished with it yet. I am now sitting and relaxing with a Schizo as it's 34° at the moment. What a long day it has been and tomorrow will be as long as we have another door to do!

The previous owners closed off the garage and we are opening it back up. Pull off the siding, pull the plywood off they put up, add jams, put the door and track up. I was hoping to get both doors in today and put the siding back up tomorrow with no such luck. There was more to repair than I was expecting, but was not sure what we would find once opened. I couldn't imagine paying someone to do this. The labor costs would be sky high!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Kristoff Maduro and a Bell's Third Coast Old Ale tonight. Great pairing.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another full day of work today. My ass is dragging and there is still more to do. Finish the installation of the other door and put the siding back up. I am done for the day and am now smoking an Anoranzas to wind down.

I have been having humidity issues this winter and on Friday when I was at CI, I grabbed a Humi-Care "Oaisis". So far it is working well and it turns out that it could be my hygrometer that is the issue. I have an analog hygrometer in there as well that was calibrated and untouched for years. It says I'm at 67% while the digital is showing 60%. The Humi-Care is set for 68% and is right on the money. My cigars have been smoking fine without any issues, but I was skeered! I'll have to try changing the battery to see if the digital comes around.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Another full day of work today. My ass is dragging and there is still more to do. Finish the installation of the other door and put the siding back up. I am done for the day and am now smoking an Anoranzas to wind down.

I have been having humidity issues this winter and on Friday when I was at CI, I grabbed a Humi-Care "Oaisis". So far it is working well and it turns out that it could be my hygrometer that is the issue. I have an analog hygrometer in there as well that was calibrated and untouched for years. It says I'm at 67% while the digital is showing 60%. The Humi-Care is set for 68% and is right on the money. My cigars have been smoking fine without any issues, but I was skeered! I'll have to try changing the battery to see if the digital comes around.

Might want to recalibrate all of your hygrometers using the salt method? I do that whenever I change the batteries, about once a year, more if I am having issues.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I figured it was the dry winter air wrecking havoc, but I think it's due for the salt test. I did notice the display was dimmer than I remember too.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Had a Diesel Rage while working in the garage this afternoon. I'll reorder these cigars.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diesel Unlimited maduro as I'm wrestling with drywall that was glued to firring strips on the cieling. If the guy that installed this was here right now....Arg!!!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Diesel Unlimited maduro as I'm wrestling with drywall that was glued to firring strips on the cieling. If the guy that installed this was here right now....Arg!!!

Hang in the Petr.. I know remodeling can be frustrating, but the finished product can really make it worth it. I think every person doing the remodeling wonders "what kind of reject put this in..??" Too many screws/nails, not enough screw/nails, so much glue you start to wonder if the house was built with it, etc...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
So I got a package today.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I'm going to age 12-15 of them, probably revisit them every few months. I have heard that they are better with a year or 2 of age on them.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
You guys are smoking some FINE cigars... I've sworn off cigars for Lent and it's been a noticeable thing for me as my drive to the office is an hour plus, each way, and that's where I usually light up.

To celebrate, I want to get myself a special box of smokes, was thinking some Padron Diplomaticos maduros or maybe another of my favorites, a box of Fuente Don Carlos #3's. Or maybe some of the ISOM's you guys are showing, alas I have no sources... <weep>...

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Damn big money! Big Grin

I finally got a CAO Flathead camshaft 554 and it was everything I expected based on recommendations from...Pete? Anyway, thanks for putting those sticks on my radar!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Damn big money! Big Grin

I finally got a CAO Flathead camshaft 554 and it was everything I expected based on recommendations from...Pete? Anyway, thanks for putting those sticks on my radar!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Lee. Its delicious!
I smoked my Peterson 20s pipe with some Dunhill Mixture 965 last night (which is yummy), and then I smoked a LFD Double Ligero.. Being that it was only my 4th or 5th stick since my December surgery, it hit my pretty good with a nicotine rush.. I forgot how good and powerful those are.. I commented to my friend (it was a consolation cigar for him being passed over for a promotion) that what I really like of the LFD, is that while they are very powerful they are also very complex.. Some of the gimmick cigars out there only are strong.. Not the DL. Notes of toast, nuts, floral, citrus, and something I can only describe as the smell of an oat/wheat field being harvested (the warmth of the oats, the dust, the etc). I don't know if it's because I'd let them rest for about 18 months or what, but they seemed to have been more complex than I even remember.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The local shop has a good assortment of LFD. One day when I've had a good meal I plan to get a double ligero and kick back for a couple hours.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee, I'm glad you enjoyed the Camshaft. The Sparkplug is better but too short of a smoke at times. Supposedly the Piston is the best of the bunch, but I have not had one yet.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The local shop has a good assortment of LFD. One day when I've had a good meal I plan to get a double ligero and kick back for a couple hours.

I've got a chisel tip in the humidor waiting on just the same thing. Seems like I never have 2+ hours to kill smoking anymore...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lee, I'm glad you enjoyed the Camshaft. The Sparkplug is better but too short of a smoke at times. Supposedly the Piston is the best of the bunch, but I have not had one yet.

I grabbed a Carburetor too but I haven't had a chance to light it up yet.