SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Smoked a La Flor Dominicana Nox today and was quite pleasantly surprised. Also finally got my hands on a Camshaft Carb and flathead. Now I just have to wait for it to get warm enough to enjoy them.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Saturday Plans by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

My Father Le Bijou 1922 on deck today. Waiting on a fresh shipment from CI and Cbid.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That Bulleit Bourbon is really good stuff. Nice pairing!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice Ninja
I had a Crowned heads 2014 TAA last night. First cigar I'd had in a while it was great very enjoyable.

Edit to add I was watching Mad Dogs on Amazon prime. That show is good!

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Nish Patel Maduro tonight. First one I've tried. It was a tad harsh on the light but smoothed right out. Perfect burn and draw. I'd rate it above anything in the Edge line (and I smoke a bunch of the Edge stuff) and right in the pack with the RP offerings.

ETA that I smoked it to a tiny nub. Perfect to the end.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Appliance Brad,

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Evening fellow smokers -

Good night tonight, just warm enough to sit out on the patio and enjoy a Davidoff Escurio with Knob Creek.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did some work around here in this 50° weather and am taking a break smoking a CAO Pilon. I wanted to get out yesterday but ran out of time.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just enjoyed an Alec Bradley Tempus. Cannot tell you the last time I had an Alec Bradley, this one was really good. Any other recommendations in this line? (I'm very familiar with the Presidio)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Grab a Black Market Vandal. Excellent stick

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Just enjoyed an Alec Bradley Tempus. Cannot tell you the last time I had an Alec Bradley, this one was really good. Any other recommendations in this line? (I'm very familiar with the Presidio)

The Family Blend is pretty good..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
I like there Black Market and Prensado too. I just ordered another 10 Tempus for the humidor.

Had a Kristoff Brittania Reserva last night while cleaning some guns in the garage. I did notice the wrappers on the Kristoffs seem brittle. Anyone else have an issue? I've had two tear on me so far and the humidor is humming along at 65-66%. The tears didn't seem to effect the burn or draw. Still an enjoyable smoke.

----

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash Ninja:
I like there Black Market and Prensado too. I just ordered another 10 Tempus for the humidor.

Had a Kristoff Brittania Reserva last night while cleaning some guns in the garage. I did notice the wrappers on the Kristoffs seem brittle. Anyone else have an issue? I've had two tear on me so far and the humidor is humming along at 65-66%. The tears didn't seem to effect the burn or draw. Still an enjoyable smoke.

flash, how long were the sticks in your humidor before you smoked them?

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
2 weeks.

----

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Definitely long enough.

I try to give shipped cigars a day of rest for every day of travel, seems to work out for me.

Do they seem to be dried out?

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Ninja,

Question, are you using an analog hydrometer or a digital? If it is not digital, your sticks could be MUCH dryer than your analog is leading you to believe.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Some cigars smoke better at different RH, most Cubans are 65% I find some Nicaraguans smoke better 69%. I have multiple humidors and a tupperdore during the summer two are 65 one at 69. Winter two are at 69 one at 65.

You can try changing things up by using Boveda and a Tupperware. Note I use Boveda I have not had a hygrometer in a decade or more. I can tell if I need to change the RH by how the feal, cut, smoke etc.

By the way I'll post the details in a few days but I ordered a hat from a cigar manufacturer. Pre-order I questioned whether it would fit and decided to order anyway. They sent me a different fitted hat in a larger size, a pre-release cigar that will not ship for a month or more, stickers, and a hand written letter from the owner. My original order hasn't arrived yet (expect it tomorrow) I'll post the haul once it arrives.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
It's a digital. I'll leave the rest of the Kristoff pack in there for a few more days and double check them. I haven't had any issues with any others. Just that Kristoff sample pack I bought.

----

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Some cigars smoke better at different RH, most Cubans are 65% I find some Nicaraguans smoke better 69%. I have multiple humidors and a tupperdore during the summer two are 65 one at 69. Winter two are at 69 one at 65.

You can try changing things up by using Boveda and a Tupperware. Note I use Boveda I have not had a hygrometer in a decade or more. I can tell if I need to change the RH by how the feal, cut, smoke etc.

By the way I'll post the details in a few days but I ordered a hat from a cigar manufacturer. Pre-order I questioned whether it would fit and decided to order anyway. They sent me a different fitted hat in a larger size, a pre-release cigar that will not ship for a month or more, stickers, and a hand written letter from the owner. My original order hasn't arrived yet (expect it tomorrow) I'll post the haul once it arrives.

I'll try that with the higher RH Boveda packs and the Nicaraguan sticks. Thanks!

----

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Some cigars smoke better at different RH, most Cubans are 65% I find some Nicaraguans smoke better 69%.

+1

I have a wine cooler with 65% Heartfelt humidity beads for my ISOMs and non ISOMs are stored with 70% beads. I use a digital hygrometer in both setups.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post