SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
What a great thing to have Brad. Can you post a picture, love to see it.

I'll see what I can do to take some pics. Pam has a new to her Nikon D3100. I'll see if I can get her to take some shots of it. Birthday dinner for our oldest tonight. He turns 31 today.

Hey guys, am I missing something, some big event going on tonight that you got these special smokes for? Big Grin

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice line ups! I just got done installing a new toilet without any issues. To celebrate, I lit up a Man O War Armada corona...after I washed up of course! I don't know that these are worth $15 each normal price. Luckily I got the deal that Lee posted about earlier. Works out to $2.67 a stick. Definitely worth that!!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, Stay safe and have fun. The boys enjoy shooting my BB guns too.

Brad, Enjoy the birthday dinner and wish your son a "Happy Birthday" from us.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The girls had a blast. Literally. The daisy orange clay discs really make it fun for them. They are being safe. Safety glasses, range rules, cease fire drills etc.

I am having a pre game stick, Aging Room m355ii. Pretty damn good stick, started off very creamy and smooth with a hint of cocoa and coffee. The back end has added some cedary spice that blended in quite well. The cedar is a bit too strong but not overwhelming.

ETA: the daisy beretta look alike is a pos, dont waste your money. I am returning it tomorrow. The magazine/feed system is junk. Constantly jamming bb doesn't feed correctly etc. Ill let them enjoy their rifles for a couple weeks then look into a co2 powered pistol probably. We are backyard shooting and i built a good backstop out of cardboard and an old throw rug, should be ok for spring loaded shooting but might now be enough for co2 power.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Got my package from smokingpipes.com today.. I'm pleased with the pipe, and I'm looking forward to smoking some of my new tobacco! I'm curious for the more seasoned pipe smokers here, how would you cut the rounds to be able to better pack the pipe? I know how to do it with flake from a pouch, but never any tinned tobacco..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That's a great looking bent billiard. Good grain, and the silver army mount is classy.

About the Escudo – folks do it various ways. Some folks stuff whole coins (as the flakes are called) into their pipe. Others rub out the coins to various degrees of fineness. My preference is to cross-cut the coins into squares, ~3/16", but I might rub out the last 10% as I fill my pipe for a faster, more even light.

Escudo is a VaPer – mostly Virginia tobacco, but has some Perique – the Tabasco sauce of tobaccos. Enjoy!

P. S. – You likely know this, but I'll mention it just in case. Don't use a jet flame lighter to light your pipe – it'll burn its rim.

P. P. S. – You'll need a reamer after awhile. I like the Castleford. It has a "T" handle with four sizes of bits. On mine, the fit of the bits into the handle isn't very precise, but nonetheless it works well, it's inexpensive, and it's easy to clean.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The pipe looks good Goatz. So does the tobacco. My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and cigars, your pics are awfully damn tempting. Please post your thoughts on your experience.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Yarchin,

"Incoming!"

Davidoff Colorado Claro
Daviooff Year of the Monkey
Liga Privada Dirty Rat
Tatuaje black label Corona Gorda
Crux Du Connoisseur

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I recommend dry boxing the Crux. I had a couple and the first one had draw issues and trouble staying lit. The second was much improved after dry boxing for a couple days.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator, Which Crux was it, and do you remember where you got it?

The local B&M is owned by the guys who developed the Crux brand and I'd like to give them the feedback.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
It was the du Connoissuer no. 2 Lancero, I got it from smallbatchcigars.com

It was okay above average, good for a small brand.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snow falling outside, I'm inside ripping the garage apart smoking an Anoranzas. This stick needs to be smoked SLOW as it gets harsh when pushed hard. When smoked slow, some nice flavors come out. Cedar, a sweet fruitiness and a little white pepper.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Nice! I don't have any Cubans in my humidor at the moment. <snip>

petr

INCOMING!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Hah. I don't have any Cubans either. I heard cigar one is a good place to pick them up? Anyone have any leads on where and what to get?

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Flash Ninja

It's kind of an unwritten rule, but we don't discuss Cuban sourcing in this thread. Para would not want the site "linked" to them. You'll find that is a pretty common ground rule all nearly all US Based sites.

Send me a note and I'll be happy to make you aware of an option or two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
10-4. PM sent.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, My mouth is watering! Thank you again for this generous Karma.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me with those tasty gars!

FYI, the daily deal over at cigar.com has Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro for $34.99 for 10 and CLE Cuarenta Robusto for $29.99 for 10..

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thought I would share this fun find -

A prototype of the Drew Estate Herrera Norteno, this is one of the sticks that was sampled out to buyers and vendors before it went into production.

Not sure when I will smoke it, but it is so cool I wanted to post a pic!

So this...

...eventually became this!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Thought I would share this fun find -

A prototype of the Drew Estate Herrera Norteno, this is one of the sticks that was sampled out to buyers and vendors before it went into production.

Not sure when I will smoke it, but it is so cool I wanted to post a pic!

So this...

...eventually became this!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. In your opinion, is the Norteno a worthwhile smoke?

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.