SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Do they age well in an unopened cabinet or box? Placing an order on coh soon, my plan was to age them in a humidor.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Do they age well in an unopened cabinet or box? Placing an order on coh soon, my plan was to age them in a humidor.

I prefer to leave them in the cab but age is age. Optimal conditions for these are 65 degrees and 65RH. They will smoke and taste better when stored a bit dryer compared with non cubans.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
IMHO you should age them I the cabinet but they only come in 50 cnt cabinets if you don't have a cooler, wine fridge or closet you may have to load them into humidor. There is nothing wrong with that.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I dont have anything big enough to hold the whole box/cab. I have 2 humidors and 1 is almost empty, thought i should fill it up with something to age.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Quick question.....

I got my box of (24) Gloriosos last week along with a bonus 5-pack of Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real. In order to fit these 29 premium sticks in my humidor, I had to remove (10) JR Alternative - Montecristo #2. I put those in the octagonal box the Gloriosos came in, but they will dry out as there's no humidifying device to keep them stable inside the box. My Montecristo humidor is now STUFFED to the gills with some good smokes...tough problem to have, eh? Big Grin

Y'all are some smart cookies.....any suggestions on a cheap homemade device to keep these JR's from drying out in the La Gloria Cubana box?? Here's what the box looks like:

ETA:
And excuse me...it's a HEXAGONAL box. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tupperware container, Bovida pack and tear that box down to put pieces of it in the Tupperware.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
petr...you be DA MAN!!!! Thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Tupperware container, Bovida pack and tear that box down to put pieces of it in the Tupperware.

That's the way to do it. Be sure to get the 65RH bovids packs.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Monte #4 this is the last cigar from a box that i won as part of the Seattle Edge raffle (thanks to Jeff). This was a good as the PLPC I had yesterday bit more bodied and bit more strength. I found this a few weeks ago forgot it was in the bottom of the hummidor, it was like finding money in your pants pockets while doing laundry.

Having a cigar has been a little sanity in the post op process. While i cant forget the pain it does afford some relaxation that i am not able to get just laying around waiting for meds to come and go.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
If I recall, those were from '08.... Nice age on those.

posted Hide Post
It feels like it has been forever being at CI. I needed a break and came out for the evening. Upon entering the Blend Lab...the KK4560 is back!! These are as good fresh as they are with age on them. I also picked up a Tatuaje Black petite lancero, Tatuaje Verocu, a Blend Lab YH738 and mixed up my own sampler from the weekly special. 5 Diesel Unlimited maduro d5, 5 CAO Pilon robusto, and 5 Man O War Armada for $39.99. Hell of a deal. Stay smokey all!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post

Cracking open a Lefthand Milk Stout and lighting up that La Gloria Cubana. One day I will start collecting and smoking cubans like you big dawgs. Cheers gents!

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Couldn't wait til the Superbowl. Good to be back in the game again!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I don't have any Cubans in my humidor at the moment. I am now smoking a CAO Pilon. This is a first time with these. Quite good. Noting a slight chocolate and pepper with some earth. Smooth smoke and had a hint of caramel earlier in the stick. I'm facing a double edged sword. I should have been home working but am enjoying cigars, Innis and Gunn beer and the Penguins game...even though they are losing!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice! I don't have any Cubans in my humidor at the moment.

See, now you've gone and done it! I'm inspired to hold an instant Karma, you win! Send me your address, e-mail in my profile, package out on Monday...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn! Thank you very much. That wasn't what I intended and I appreciate it. Email inbound.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Alright guys, I know this is the sticks and protection thread but stay with me for a minute.. Does anyone here smoke pipes? I've smoked a pipe on and off since I turned 18 (nowhere near as frequent as cigars but I've dabbled). Anyway, I was doing some reading while I've been laid up and stumbled upon the idea of purchasing estate pipes... I found smokingpipes.com and purchased an English made estate pipe and some tobacco.. I'm very much looking forward to getting it! Anyone else enjoy a pipe in lieu of a gar once in a while?

By the way, I smoked a Punch Signature and a CAO Pilion today. The Punch had a DE KFC smoked tobacco hint to it for the entire cigar.. I don't know if I've smoked one before, but if I have I know it didn't have a smoked tobacco note. The Pilion was very good and consistent with the other ones I've had. Both the punch and CAO smoked very good, with straight burns and solid construction.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
goatboyz,

The B&M that I go to has a pretty extensive pipe area. I tried it for a small while, it came to to a choice for me. Good cigars and humidors, or pipes and that world. I just could not balance both.

One of my biggest challenges with a pipe was that it has to be re-lit so often. I just didn't enjoy the routine the same way I do that of the cigar world.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Goat not a pipe smoker but feel free to post about pipes and tobacco. I'm sure there are others who do enjoy and would be interested.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
San cristobal of some kind, in a small robusto maybe a 5 x 44. Started off with a blast of cedar and hay, starting to pick up some light pepper and something smooth, maybe a coffee flavor. Nice wrapper and solid construction not sure where i got this smoke from. Could be a couple months old or if it came from last years holiday party goody bag its over a year old.

Looking back through my pictures, it appears this was a secret santa smoke.