SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I love an Undercrown. What do you think?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I love an Undercrown. What do you think?

Undercrown = Underwhelmed.

Nothing to set it apart. Smoked ok with an even burn but flavor was mild and nothing particular stood out. Just pulled the band off, down to the last quarter. Better than a schizo, nothing like a Kristoff or la Imperiosa for the same price. Kinda glad i only bought one to sample.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
How much did you pay? I usually wait for deals and get them for about $4-5 each. They've always had a rich flavor for me but very little pepper.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Serie "R" natural, it's what's for breakfast!

Brad, I feel the same way about the Undercrown, unless they are on sale...cheap. They are better than the Schizo, but also much more money per stick. Like I said before, the Schizo is a great smoke for the price, but by no means the best out there.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
How much did you pay? I usually wait for deals and get them for about $4-5 each. They've always had a rich flavor for me but very little pepper.

I think abut $9, may have been 8. I usually buy 4 sticks at a crack and try to keep the total with tax under $40. Most ones I buy are $8-9 each.

I have to travel to a store, living in very rural America, nearest is 35 miles away. I don't buy enough to justify buying on line and honestly I find the on line companies difficult to figure out exactly what I'm getting. Add shipping on to an order for the size purchases i make and it adds up to no savings.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WooHoo! Thanks! Got your e-mail and reply sent

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Well done a Ronin

Brad
I was underwhelmed with the undecrown as well. I'm a big Crowned Heads fan La Imperiosa is very good.

I have been working through some cigars that I've had for while. This weekend I had a Herrera Esteli by DE, it had about three years in the hummidor, it did not age well. These are usually really good but this one had the harshness like standing in a field of burning grass, with the essence of burning tire on the finish. Got halfway through and had to chuck it.

Also had a La Aroma De Cuba mi amor reserva it was okay decent flavor but linear same medium bodied flavored from beginning to end.

I will not be buying any cigars for a while till after my rotator cuff surgery. All my disposable income will go to paying off some healthcare bills. So I have been smoking some cigars from the bottom of the pile. Good thing is I have enough cigars to last a long time without purchasing. After I get healed up I will be lean and have room for good sticks.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Brad -

INCOMING!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice cold evening here perfect for a Ghurkha Black Dragon

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sir! I'll look forward to them arriving and promise a proper range report.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Gurkha 10 packs for $20 shipped at cigarpage today

2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Brad -

INCOMING!

Drooling...

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
With this snow storm fouling up the works I won't be able enjoy a smoke for a while. Frown

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I did it!! My dad acted as my chauffeur for the day and brought me out to their place for the day.. We smoked a CAO Flathead Camshaft while he and my brother putzed with his 4-wheeler.. Boy was it nice to be back in the saddle! What a nice cigar too.

While we were smoking, we were chatting about the new Flathead Steel horse.. None of us had tried it yet, but we are all intrigued. Has anyone here tried it? If so, how's it compare to the normal Flathead lineup?

Hope everyone is safe with all that beautiful snow that's coming to the Eastern seaboard..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Fuente Friday this is another from the bottom of collection. Not sure the age on this but it's pretty good.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had the Flathead Steel head yet. I am curious to try it too, though I have not. I gotta get working on the snowblower. They are calling for a bit of snow tonight and tomorrow. 10"-15", maybe more or less depending on the way it tracks.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's alive!! The snowblower runs after 4 years of sitting! Pulled my arm off getting it to start but it runs. Schizo maduro to help along the way. I can't wait to see the snow fly tomorrow! I still wish I had my tractor here instead of still at the old house, but I'm going to have to clear snow there too. We are supposed to have a showing on Sunday...we will see!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This sampler is a pretty good deal for some really good smokes.

http://www.newhavanacigars.com...future-sampler-6.htm

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
About to be best night ever -

The stick is a Cuban Cohiba BHK, that was a grail cigar for me. Thank you Mr. Yarchin for helping me track it down!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! It's a little too windy here and the snow is still flying to sit out tonight. We have more than 2 feet of snow and it's still going...26 hours of snow flying...and supposed to go till midnight!