SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
With those "N"'s, smoke them over the course of a few months. You will notice a change in them as they age. Of course, they are great right out if the box too.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Very cool Ronin, i would like to try one, is the cedar over powering? I have some por laranaga cabinet seleccions that when fresh, are way to cedary. After some age the cedar disappears and they get a tootsie roll flavor.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
This has really become quite the tread, and Ronin makes it even better with a sweet karma!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
There is a Davidoff shop in Atlanta that I've been meaning to get to...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ronin I'm in on the karma but if I win I want you to send it to Jeff. He started this thread and as usual with the forum I've learned quite a bit just reading posts from the more experienced aficionados here.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got done working on the house a little early tonight. I'm sitting out smoking a Tatuaje Reserva thinking about projects to do. Things have been a roller coaster there. Got the gas hooked up, heat running, most of the electric figured out...but no water. Pipes froze at one point and that is the next project to get done. I fixed one pipe only to find 2 more places that need to be repaired. I'm hoping it is only in the basement that is messed up and not in the walls. I am so glad that I can do a lot of things on my own and do not have to call in a plumber or electrician to do the work. My Dad has been a great help too and really enjoys doing this type of work. He is as excited about this place as we are. So much in fact, that he wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about it!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Good review site, stogies and spirits. So far they have been spot on for me.

http://www.stogiesontherocks.com/

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links Jay. They do a great job describing the sticks.

I'm smoking a Man O War Immortal this evening. Things at the new place are going well only to come home to the water heater not working at the old place. Rip into it and discover 2 fuses in the control board are toast. Good thing we have the extended service plan!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Attended Davidoff Event tonight. Man did they outdo themselves at the B&M -$60 got us dinner and two sticks - all Davidoff packs and boxes were 25% off...I spent a bunch, but saved a ton too - Here are a few pics...

Hors d'ourves

Dinner is served!

Tip your server!

Enough eating...buy some damn cigars!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I love going to the events the manufacturers put on, always top notch. The 2 big parties Serious puts on every year are awesome, top shelf booze is the only choice, an awesome catering company with a nice range of food to choose from, 25% off everything in store and prizes. Not cheap little prizes either, big screen tvs, playstation 4s etc.

posted Hide Post
That looked like a great event to be a part of.
Schizo maduro this afternoon after a crummy day at work in the limited time I have before dinner plans. I may have to take something to the new house tomorrow as I'll be there most of the day working.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Warped Futuro good cigar definitely has that Fernandez influence.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Crux Classic, tea and the first snow storm of the winter of 2015-16. Tea becuase my dept has already been out on 2 accidents and I'm sure there will be more fun before this is over.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crux Classic,

Hey Brad,

Where did you get the Crux? The owners of my B&M are the folks who created that stick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Crux Classic,

Hey Brad,

Where did you get the Crux? The owners of my B&M are the folks who created that stick.

La Corona in Jackson, MI which is my closest shop since my local guy retired in June. They said they are selling well.

I enjoyed the one you gave me back in May and have been looking for them locally. Tonight's stick was a B+, didn't want to stay lit and at some point my wife said the smoke changed from nice to "what the hell is that". I only bought one, I'll have to give them another go.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey Brad,

Check your e-mail, I sent you the email address of Joel Rogers, the VP of Crux. He would very much like to hear more about your experience.

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Hey Brad,

Check your e-mail, I sent you the email address of Joel Rogers, the VP of Crux. He would very much like to hear more about your experience.

John

Got it, I'll drop him a line. Thanks.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Looks like some good sticks have been burned since I last checked in.. Work has been a bit crazy with some odd hours so I haven't been able to check the thread much.
I haven't smoked anything new, but some of the odd standbys have gone up in smoke. Nice Rustica, JdN Dark Corojo, Asylum 13, KFC, and some others that I'm sure I'm forgetting. I don't think I had a bad stick in the bunch.
Deer hunting started in WI on this past Saturday. We usually smoke a lot, but his weekend was a bit different.. We did have some damn good drinks with the sticks we did smoke.. I'm jealous Brad of the snow much of the SE MI got. We were supposed to get some, but it never got far enough north.. I love the snow (and love smoking in it).. How much did you end up with, Brad?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Won't be able to smoke another til Saturday at the earliest. Now the hard decision: Which one to to have with my coffee this morning?

Nub Cafe
Partagas cifuentes maduro
CAO America
CAO Brazilia
Man o War Virtue

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I hate making those kinds of decisions. Smile