SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
These Partagas cifuentes maduro are so freakin incredible. Chocolate, molasses and an undercurrent of pepper throughout. For $29.99 per 10 they just can't be beat.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's official! We are new home owners!!! Closing was tonight and to celebrate...Siglo mi Amor

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Peter enjoy.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am! This may be the last of regular postings from me. I got a lot of work to do at the new place and very limited time to do it. So, if you don't see much of me, I'm ok, just busy!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Tuttle's Lounge in Grand Rapids today for an Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8. It starts floral, finishes buttery with a pleasant aftertaste. For less than $7 it's a treat.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with a Fuente. They are milder than I usually like, but the flavors are there.

How was that CAO?

After 2 days of working at the new place I am tired and sore but still kickin'. Smoking a Schizo tonight in 37* weather at 11:30pm. It's been tight time wise, but I'll still smoke when I can.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
CAO, was excellent, part of the assortment from CI,

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRK, Any flavors you could pick up out of it, strength, any other notes you can share?

I'm sitting out smoking a Schizo maduro getting ready for funeral services this afternoon. It really sucks when it is for a 1 year old child. I am not looking forward to this. She had Dravet Syndrome, a form of Epilepsy. I can not imagine what my friends are going through. Please, hug your children tight and be there for them no matter what.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Finally tried a Skizo Torpedo last night. Wasn't bad for an inexpensive cigar. Not great but a nice burning smoke.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad, I am glad you reported how the Schizo was. Like I said, it is not a Fuente or Padron, but a decent cigar at a really good price to work around the house and not mind if something happens to it. I tried smoking a Man O War while snowblowing one time, never again! It'll be a Schizo or wait until I'm done.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
petr, it is labeled as a medium body maduro it's very smooth, oily feeling, smooth even burn no heat down to the wrapper, hints of chocolate/cocoa, I nutty, excellent aroma, I have a couple more I need to smoke just to be sure, it is an interesting smoke.

Retailing around $8 it smokes more like a $15 cigar, pick one up you won't be disapointed

, CAO Pilon, they have turned the dial back to revive a nearly forgotten method of tobacco fermentation, the circular pilon. In a traditional pilon, the tobacco is sorted into ‘hands,’ 10-15 leaves tied together, placed in a stack, and left to ferment with the ambient temperature. A circular pilon is more time consuming, whereas the hands are carefully laid out in a circular pattern. This method allows for slower fermentation and a richer, more enhanced flavor in the leaf.

CAO Pilon is sheathed in a beautiful Ecuador Habano wrapper surrounding long leaves from Nicaragua. Medium-bodied and extremely flavorful, expect your palate to be dazzled by nuances of spice, cedar, pepper, nuts, and cocoa. CAO Pilon contains a mosaic of flavors setting you up for an extremely gratifying experience.

I could not agree more with the write up..

posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll have to give it a try.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
These might be worth a try for the Eiroa fans.

http://halfwheel.com/cle-ships...&utm_campaign=buffer

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...Thanks for that Jay!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
www.cigarpage.com

Today is killer pricing on Montecristo White and free shipping.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
www.cigarpage.com

Today is killer pricing on Montecristo White and free shipping.

Thanks for this!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Wow Ronin let us know how they are.

Post a pic of the box. That has to be the coolest box I've seen in a long time. I like it better than the Tat dress boxes.

Re: Davidoff Year of the Monkey - 2016
Turns out this could easily be the greatest, and I mean greatest stick I've ever had. A bit of pepper, with an overall tone of cedar. Towards the end it got a bit spicy, but not overpowering.

Guys, if you can get your hands on one of these, or a box even, do so!

ETA - Just noticed this is the 3000th post in this thread...to celebrate I am offering a Karma of 1 Davidoff Year of the Monkey stick. (plus a few extra's from the humidor) Winner will be drawn Thanksgiving morning

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! 3000 posts!!! Thanks for the generous Karma and throw my name in the hat please!

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
That's awfully generous of you, Ronin. I would love to be considered for your Davidoff karma...that looks delicious!!

Thank you!!

p.s. to petr.....got 5 La Gloria Cubana Serie N Glorioso's. Can't WAIT to get around the fire pit and fire one up with some Crown Black Label. Thanks for your guidance!! Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post