SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nothing to accomplish tonight as we are getting some much needed rain. I, however, am staying dry under the deck listening to the rain fall while smoking a La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados of unknown vintage that I acquired at the auction. All I know is that the cello is yellow and had a price tag of $8.99+tax on it. Pre-light draw was very chocolaty and once I lit it very peppery.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About half way through and the pepper comes and goes. I'm picking up leather, dough, and a subtle sweetness along with varying degrees of pepper. I've had to correct the burn a couple times and the draw turned tight at one point that I needed to punch it open once. Overall though this has been a decent cigar so far. Not bad for $0.86!!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Do sticks of this shape and size have a specific name? (about 4 inches long)

I'm putting together a care package for a friend and not sure how to label these.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Do sticks of this shape and size have a specific name? (about 4 inches long)

I'm putting together a care package for a friend and not sure how to label these.

Not specifically that length, but those are "figurados." Figurados also include torpedoes--most anything that's not the standard "parejo" shape.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Figurado and more precisely a perfecto

Edit I think that would be a small diadema usually you see them like a salomon, or presidente.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Figurado and more precisely a perfecto

Es verdad

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
About half way through and the pepper comes and goes. I'm picking up leather, dough, and a subtle sweetness along with varying degrees of pepper. I've had to correct the burn a couple times and the draw turned tight at one point that I needed to punch it open once. Overall though this has been a decent cigar so far. Not bad for $0.86!!

La Gloria Cubana and Cohiba must be rolled by the same people. I have the exact same problem with both of them once in a while.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leemur,

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I quit buying LGC cigars long ago because I had so many tight rolled ones

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This has been my experience with Montecristo/ H. Uppmann. That and false advertising, or maybe my palette just favors heavier flavors, they advertised the Espada as full flavored, and it was not even close. good smoke, lots of coffee, caramel type flavors, but 4 or 5 out of a box of 20 were poorly rolled, burned very unevenly and had lots of tight spots. And it was not full flaovored, not even a medium on my scale, I had to pair them all with coffee to make them enjoyable.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Back in 2002 or 2003 I had a bad Perdomo and didn't smoke another one till 2013 and it was okay. It is still the only one Ive had since.

Brands I have never had
Comacho, Gurkha, Diesel, Torano, probably a bunch more.

Smokes I dont buy anymore
RocKy Patel (only one I liked was Edge Habano)
Drew Estates

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The old Camachos were great, the new ones are all miss IMO, I never had older perdomos, so I cant compare to newer stuff, they have some excellent smokes for the price. Gurkhas all taste like some chemical shit to me, havent tried Diesel, and I have had alot of Toranos that were fantastic, Try one in the LFC size, only their premium labels come in that size, 4X60, a good 1 hours little smoke, full flavored with lots of pepper.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not mind a tightly rolled cigar, as long as I can open it up a little. The thing I hate is a really loosely rolled cigar. La Gloria Cubana has had most of the tightest cigars I have smoked, but I have been able to open all of them up enough to enjoy.

The old Camacho cigars were fantastic when Eiroa was running the show. Now, if you want an old Camacho like cigar, get a CLE or Eiroa. They are very similar to one another. I have only had one of the new Camacho's and was not impressed with it.

Gurkha has been nothing spectacular and I have had maybe 5 of them that I got in a sampler pack. I do not go out of my way for them like some people do.

Perdomo has not impressed me either, though I know some here really enjoy them.

Diesel, well, they are quite good and age really well. The Wicked is a fantastic smoke.

Torano has been hit or miss for me. They have not blown me away though.

Rocky Patel has not impressed me either.

Drew Estate has been very expensive for what they are. They are good cigars, but I can't justify the pricing on them.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Gator you're missing out on Diesel. They're great and even better considering the price.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I smoked a small La Gloria Cubana Serie R this afternoon after I ate supper. For as small as it was, it lasted about 45 minutes.

I am now smoking an Anoranzas bellicoso from the Miami Cigar Co.. I got other of these sticks at the auction. The Anoranzas started off with a berry predraw and once lit was kind of sour at first. It is now opening up with a doughy, earthy flavor. It's not too bad, but I don't know I would have paid the $7.79 price that was on it. I have a few more of these from the lot, so I can see how they are with the 3 strike rule.

posted Hide Post
Yes, Gator, you are missing out on the Diesels. They are in essence the same as the Ruination with a lower price tag on most cigars. The Whicked though is a little more in price. Both are rolled by A.J. Fernandez and are great cigars. The Unholy Cocktail Shorty is very strong fresh and with 9 months of age on them, the flavors pop and still pack a bit of a punch.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any God of Fire fans? I have some from last year's Christmas sale and really enjoyed them. Wondering what thoughts there are on these? Have not seen pricing yet, so I'll likely just get one -

"God of Fire 10th Anniversary 2004 - 2014.
Blended completely different from the regular
God of Fire line with a Ecuadorian wrapper and
Dominican binder and filler."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Yes, Gator, you are missing out on the Diesels. They are in essence the same as the Ruination with a lower price tag on most cigars. The Whicked though is a little more in price. Both are rolled by A.J. Fernandez and are great cigars. The Unholy Cocktail Shorty is very strong fresh and with 9 months of age on them, the flavors pop and still pack a bit of a punch.

I agree.. Sometimes it seems like they all have a very similar flavor profile (one band to another), but they are always good. To keep with the Diesel theme, I smoked this this afternoon while mowing the lawn.. I've had 3 of them so far and they've all been very good.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The Uncut is really good. For the price you just can't beat it.

posted Hide Post
The Uncut was one I didn't care for as much as the others. Try the Grind Shorty or the Unlimited flathead. I also heard great things about the Rage, but have not had one yet.

posted Hide Post
Tonight is another...you guessed it, LA Gloria Cubana maduro in the churchill size. I got lots of these and a good thing too, this one is very good. Smooth draw, even burn, great flavor.