SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Is no one smoking the last couple days? Its a cool enough day I will be firing one up tonight, with some more Pumpkin beer.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I began to get a sore throat. Mowed some grass while smoking a Schizo trying to sweat it out of me. Today I am smoking another Schizo due to the fact that my nose is clogging up and I can't really taste anything anyhow.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Its a great night for a smoke.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I forgot how much of a pepper bomb the last 3rd of these are, too bad i only have like 5 or 6 left.

posted Hide Post
My humidor is stuffed!! I can barely close the lid from todays haul. A small, local brick and mortar closed up shop, and today was the auction. The high dollar cigars were gone, but there were 4 Fuente Anejo there, one being the Shark. They were selling the cigars by the shelf, varying between 3 and 5 boxes per shelf. All but 3 or 4 boxes were open with varying amounts of cigars in each box. The shelf with the Shark sold for $40 and I was not the winner of it. There were quite a few La Gloria Cubana's there of different blends and sizes and lots of cheaper sticks, Oliva G, Padron, some Gurkhas, Acid, and so on. I did however end up spending $87 and walked out with 125-150 cigars, maybe more!! Mostly La Gloria Cubana as I got 20 Churchill's alone! Half a box of Serie N Rojo's, about half a box of Partega 1845's, LGC Wavell's, Serie R cigarillos (4"x35-40?), a Gurkha Ancient Warrior and a bunch of other sticks. Quite the haul and most have very yellow cellophane! I will be sure to post as I smoke them as there will be quite a few new cigars that I have not had before!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to see what was there. http://www.zettauction.com/auctions I won lot 240 and 241 but the picture of 241 only shows half of the box on the left side.

The White House, Montecello, and Lincoln Memorial humidors sold for $250 each. One of the wooden carved Indian's sold for $975 and the other sold for $300. The cigars sold for an average of $45-$50 each lot.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yellow cello sounds like you got some nicely aged sticks. The last batch of older perdomos with yellow cello i got were amazing. I still have a few from a year ago, i might need to revisit.

posted Hide Post
So my mental math is lacking today. I just counted the cigars I won today and the grand total is...105 sticks.

posted Hide Post

I couldn't resist the urge. One of the La Gloria Cubana Wavell maduro that I got today. Burning great but I can't taste a damn thing due to my nose/ sinuses being messed up.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pete that's awesome about the auction, what did you pay for the two lots?

Ronin
What did you think of the TAA? Obviously I'm a huge fan?

Last night I had a Tatuaje triunfador it had a loose roll but was still tasty. Tonight is the Avion 2012 prerelease. After 3 years it's still a powerhouse.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For lot #240 I paid $25 and for the larger lot #241 I paid $60 plus buyers fee.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Saw this article on Cigar Aficionado - it discusses the reason some sticks go sour towards the end, and how to best prevent it.

Two areas that stuck out to me were not letting your cigar get too hot (guilty), and occasionally blowing out the old smoke.

Interesting...

http://www.cigaraficionado.com...a-harsh-finish-18373

Gator:

Re: The TAA - liked this one much more than the box we split last year. It has a touch of chocolate taste, and I really like that. Sometimes I get that and espresso confused, but I get a taste of both with this stick.

Edit to add - did a little Googling on this stick and found it is the same blend he used for the 2011 TAA - that is before my time of smoking premium cigars, but you may recall that one?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This is kind of cool -

It is a list of all the known sticks coming out for 2015 - many with links. I'll have to dig deeper into this later, but thought I'd share.

http://halfwheel.com/2015-new-cigars

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, Halfwheel is the place I go to see what is coming out. In the very near future, they will add the 2016 list of upcoming cigars.
I am also guilty of overheating a cigar at times but I always blow out through the cigar to clear it. I don't do it all the time but if I notice the flavors are falling off, I knock the ash off and clear the cigar. Clearing the cigar also aids in getting rid of tar build up at the tip. If it is a really "tarry" cigar a re-cut may be necessary as enough of the tip wasn't cut to begin with and allows the tar to collect and bubble out.

posted Hide Post
Partegas 1845 this morning while finishing up the gutter for the deck. Not too bad even with screwed up sinuses.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Ave Maria robusto with a glass of 1 W-neat. Beautiful early fall, getting the grill ready before the eclipse and listening to Jimmy Reed.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
La Gloria Cubana Serie N tonight in anticipation of the eclipse. Looks like I'll have clouds to fight though. I have the downspout fitted and in place for the deck. I need to fasten it but I want to see if any tweaking needs to be done to it first. I then began working on the tractor but was dark when I got finished so I couldn't give it a workout. It's been a long but leisurely day today.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It was cloudy and rainy here, my son wanted to see it but we had no chance in hell, we settled for watching it on his tablet. No cigar this weekend Frown maybe sometime this week.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Things were crazy busy this weekend (6 day work week with odd start times). I was able to smoke a Long Live the King (most of it anyway) and a Latitude Zero on Friday morning. Saturday morning I squeezed in a 601 blue label (most of it), and Sunday I was able to smoke a JdN Antano, Camacho Crillio, and a Inch maduro. All were rushed and the smokes suffered for it. Its amazing how fast time goes when you light up a cigar.. An hour is gone in a flash. I was able to see a bit of the eclipse last night, but ended up going to bed around 2100.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks that you were unable to fully relax and enjoy your cigars.

This evening The King is Dead!