SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I use a sciccors at home. When traveling I use this:

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a little dark to take pictures, so I'll have to take them when I go inside.

I am smoking a Tatuaje Pudgy Monster Chucky on this chilly, but refreshing evening.

I have a pair of Calcutta scissors, but they do not cut good. The tools in them are great though and use them all the time for opening a too tight cigar or filling the lighter. Maybe they need to be sharpened?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

These are my go to cutters and punch. As a matter of fact, the punch is what I will karma off. I have a brand new one that is up for grabs. If any one is interested, post a comment that you are "in" for it and I'll choose a winner next week. It is a heavy piece of metal that twists to extend and retract the punch. It works extremely well for box pressed cigars. So, who is in?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr - what is the story on the Monte punch? That thing looks very old?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very cool Petr.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've just got a cheap punch cutter that I use for most smokes. Makes for a cleaner smoke and better draw IMO.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Montecristo punch is the gift they give when you sign up for their "club". It only looks old. Like I said, it is quite heavy for the size and is a quality piece. It makes a nice clean punch and is easy to handle while making the plug. The extending and retracting is operates smoothly and rids the plug from the punch. The only reason why I got two, is because I forgot my login information and signed up again and received another.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I had the montecristo Key, i put it in the mystery box karma a while back.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So much for that mystery!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Most of the winners after me neglected to post what they took, so who knows if its still in there.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice!

While showing the youngest how to swing a golf club, I picked up a youth set for $20 at Goodwill yesterday, I smoked a Schizo. Now, my wife took over the TV to watch that dancing show and I am smoking a Man O War 52-C. I had to dig out a "V" cutter for the chisel tip on this stick. It worked ok but I'm in the market for another. I think the Xikar may be in my future!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
And that pic just makes me all the more pissed at myself, when will I learn to stop ruining great cigars by continuously trying to pair them with IPA's?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IPA'S are too bitter for a cigar. A good stout or porter pairs well. Or a good bourbon barrel aged beer. Cigars don't have enough spice in them to pair well with the hops. Most times I drink water with my sticks, unless I'm at CI, then it's usually an Innis and Gunn since in the summer time they have IPA's.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yeah not a fan of IPA, but I will say an English IPA like Samuel Smiths is not bad with a cigar but it's not bitter.

Ronin
Those TAAs arrived today. I will get them out Wednesday. Son had a baseball game tonight we just got home, and my daughter has a softball game tomorrow right after work.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
Thanks to Yarchin.

Wish I could join you guys, how are the Monte's?

Out. Fucking. Standing.

Next time, bud. Smile

wow! I wish I could find a couple of those for when my Grandson gets out of the NICU at the end of this month. He was born 98 days early, and has been passing most all of the benchmarks the Docs have set for him to be able to go home on his original due date.

It has got to get easier to get some sooner than later. At least I hope so. Where in Wisconsin did guys have the WI shoot?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: USMC-PRIDE,

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
A good stout or porter pairs well. Or a good bourbon barrel aged beer.

Especially the bourbon aged Ale, Like kentucky bourbon ale, I discovered this stuff recently and I am hooked, all their different brews are great. Still on the hunt for the octoberfest.

posted Hide Post
Finally finished the top of the deck tonight. A little more work on the bottom and it's done! To "celebrate" this evening I am smoking a Man O War Ruination and enjoying the weather at the moment.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
For the longest time I have been trying to duplicate the taste of the Tatuaje Miami 10th with the Reserva band - I had two boxes of them and smoked the last one about a year ago. I bought another box this spring and noticed it was missing the Reserva band, and did not taste the same - turns out it is not the same freeking cigar. Grrr...

Today I was talking about this to the owner of my B&M and he had me try a Tat J21, essentially it is the same cigar as the Miama Reserva - THIS IS SO GOOD!!!

I'm in for a box of these as of an hour ago - I need to keep an eye on this because if I hear Pete decides to stop making them I will have to load up. This is going to by my regular stick for the unforseen future.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
La Herencia Cubana Core this evening with my trusty side kick Dixie keeping watch.