SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pub fighting in the United Kingdom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pub fighting in the United Kingdom Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Pub fighting in the United Kingdom seems like a common occurrence.

It can get downright brutal, as shown in this video from Wolverhampton.

Maybe the Uk.gov will take on chair violence next.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
"That lassie got glassed, and no cunt leaves here till we find out what cunt did it".

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So the point of all this? Confused

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
1. Pub violence in the yUK is NOT endemic, no more than it is in any country, like, for instance, the USA. I've been in a few pubs over here, and I've never encountered any kind of pub brawl, let alone one like this.

2. Every person in that group of people was Asian, and by Asian, I don't mean Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Indonesian - in yUK 'Asian' is used to describe people originating from the Indian sub-continent and its regio - Pakistan/Afghanistan/Bangladesh. For some reason, people from Ceylon are not only rare here in yUK, but those that ARE here are amazingly well-behaved, since the vast majority of them are doctors of medicine or scientists or mathematicians. My own local doctor is from Ceylon, as is his wife [a doctor] and their three sons [also doctors at Addenbrookes Regional Hospital].

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That was not a fight; that was assault and battery that became assault with intent to cause severe bodily harm or kill. One for the rear naked choke, one for the head stomp, and one for the chair. All would have been grounds for use of deadly force to defend yourself. At least in the States.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Google "Glasgow Kiss" and not the song.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Dude in the hoodie still tryna figure out where he at. Razz

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
That was not a fight; that was assault and battery that became assault with intent to cause severe bodily harm or kill. One for the rear naked choke, one for the head stomp, and one for the chair. All would have been grounds for use of deadly force to defend yourself. At least in the States.

Agreed, that was an attack. The victim only appeared to try to get away or stop the attack. It wasn't until Mr. Dark Shorts came in and nailed the attackers buddy then took out the attacker did it become a fight. That was pretty short.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm, so one guy marches in and proceeds to tune up the other guy, while his friends watch their buddy get tuned-up. A minute of watching and one of them decides to do SOMETHING and swings at the other guy's friend....and everyone else jumps in.
That was an odd one...

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the fat bully the picked on the smallest guy there eventually got his ass handed to him. Looks good to me.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice Mr. Dark Shorts have a few words over near the door, and then 'Glove Up' before he entered the fray. Kinda like - Hey, just give me a second to get ready and then I'm gonna put an end to this....Those dudes won't know what hit 'em! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Itinerant bouncer? Cheaper than keeping one on staff.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Anyone know who makes those chairs? They seem to be rather robust.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Anyone else notice Mr. Dark Shorts have a few words over near the door, and then 'Glove Up' before he entered the fray. Kinda like - Hey, just give me a second to get ready and then I'm gonna put an end to this....Those dudes won't know what hit 'em! Wink

Yep! Worth a replay.

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So the point of all this? Confused

It ain't over till it's over...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Anyone know who makes those chairs? They seem to be rather robust.

Agreed, as he was making a nice, high arching swing of the chair for about the third time, my mind drifted to "....hmm, that's a quality piece of furniture there. Oh nice, it is still holding togeth... well now, not many chairs would hold up to THAT angle."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well... they stopped the threats...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Yeah, it looks like there was a bit of a set up going on there.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That was quite a donnybrook.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
WTF

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post