SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rocket Surgeons test their illegal machine gun outside their apartment
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rocket Surgeons test their illegal machine gun outside their apartment Login/Join 
The 'Miss Manners'
of SIGforum
Picture of parabellum
posted
As my ol' dad would say, these guys are et up with stupid. Traumatized the lady's cat and everything.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news...ide-apartment/nfNDZ/

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. - Two men are facing charges after Sandy Springs police said they fired an assault rifle indiscriminately outside an apartment building, just feet from small children.

Neighbors at the Edgewater at Sandy Springs Apartments on Roswell Road told Channel 2’s Mike Petchenik they heard the rapid fire coming from a building on the property around midnight Tuesday.

“I was doing some homework. All of a sudden I heard a bunch of shots, I’d say like eight shots,” said Jay Chase. “I hit the floor, hit the deck. I’m ex-military so I know what that’s all about.”

A neighbor, who asked Petchenik not to identify her, said she was standing on the back porch of her apartment when she heard the gunfire.

“I didn’t know what it was. I thought it was fireworks,” she said. “The cat went crazy. I just kind of went numb.”

A Sandy Springs police officer working off-duty on the property also heard the shots, and soon several other officers swarmed the property looking for the source.

Sgt. Ron Momon told Petchenik investigators eventually determined two men had been firing an AR-15 assault rifle that was modified to be fully automatic. Petchenik could see bullet holes sprayed across a concrete embankment behind the apartment building.

“At this point, we don’t have any idea why they were shooting,” said Momon. “It doesn’t make any sense to be shooting off your balcony and putting other people’s lives in danger.”

Momon said small children were sleeping inside the apartment.

“It’s nonsense,” he said.

Police have charged Randy Richburg, 24, of Evans, Ga., and Joshuan Gillam, 23, of Atlanta, with reckless conduct. Momon said Richburg had several outstanding warrants from other police departments and gave officers a false name when questioned.

“It’s pretty crazy how people can get automatic weapons and fire a weapon off the balcony,” said Chase. “That’s pretty crazy.”

Posts: 58486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Shocked I tell you, shocked.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 2724 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I wonder if it was an AR with a Slide Fire stock.

quote:
"I was doing some homework. All of a sudden I heard a bunch of shots, I’d say like eight shots,” said Jay Chase. “I hit the floor, hit the deck. I’m ex-military so I know what that’s all about.”

That really made me laugh for some reason. Maybe because I initially imagined a high school kid.

"Collectivism is intolerable."
~M. Levin

It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.

Posts: 5560 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
They got them salt guns. Skeer the chirren and stuff.

Bet Holder doesn't prosecute.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 4057 | Location: SE TX | Registered: July 21, 2010Report This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
Idiots.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here they are earlier this month:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 9250 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
Picture of Czechvar
posted Hide Post
Why is it that every apartment complex in the country named "Edgewater" attracts nuts like these...It's like a code word for crazies...

Posts: 15137 | Location: Minnarctica Glacier | Registered: May 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Somehow I ain't buying that these two geniuses built a full auto AR all by themselves.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
Auto'd copies: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...550043353#4550043353

Posts: 12590 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Somehow I ain't buying that these two geniuses built a full auto AR all by themselves.

That's why I'm thinking a bump fire stock.

"Collectivism is intolerable."
~M. Levin

It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.

Posts: 5560 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Shocked I tell you, shocked.

This made me lol.

-----------------------------------------------
Good enough is neither good nor enough

Posts: 577 | Registered: November 28, 2004Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, they'd be facing much more than criminal mischief.

...but resist, we much. We must, and we will much, about that, be committed. Al Sharpton 2011

Posts: 15189 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Here are your media options:

A. "Bought it at a gun show" thru the loophole.
B. "Bought it on the internet"

Or a third option:
C. Bought it from the ATF's new "Slow and Mellow" assault weapon program targeting the inner city.

Posts: 17343 | Location: TN/KY | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Guy on the right; Stoned or crying?

Posts: 10354 | Location: born and bred in the briar patch | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Looks like job security. Thankfully we'll never run out of stupid people, criminally stupid people.

**The views expressed above represent those of the poster only and not necessarily those of his employer**
**Any advice given should not be considered legal counsel and used for entertainment purposes only**
-Chance favors the prepared mind
-"Guns don't kill people. People Kill People. Guns defend people from people with smaller guns." - American Dad
-It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Posts: 4468 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I doubt that if they go to jail that they will drag the inmate IQ curve down very much.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1508 | Location: Kenton, Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The guy on the right kind of has a "dull" look about him. The left guy just looks kind of normal for a thug. I'd say if they averaged the IQs, they just come up with stupid and stupider. I wonder what they were thinking when they decided it was a good idea to spray the parking lot. That no one would notice, or if they did, they'd be in such fear they wouldn't call the cops?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 13580 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Ha;I think they might have lived up the street from me a while back.

Posts: 17553 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
illegal (duh thier felons) machinegun (what all media calls ar-15 sporting rifles!)

Posts: 4649 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of toms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Guy on the right; Stoned or crying?

Yes

Best regards,

Tom

"Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second." - Unknown

Posts: 1475 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Obviously, if they had just converted an AR-15 (semi-automatic) to be full auto (like an M-16) without the proper paperwork (huh?), they'd be in deep doo-doo with the BATFE. Apparently that isn't happening, so something else was in play (bump-fire, rotary trigger, slide).

flashguy

======================================
Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 11826 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post