SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Multiple Officers Down Outside of Denver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multiple Officers Down Outside of Denver Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The hearts of men are going cold....

Seems to me we are likely to see more of such things. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/articl...omplex-idUSKBN1EP0GL

Sheriff Tony Spurlock

“All of them were shot very, very quickly and they all went down almost within seconds of each other,” Spurlock told reporters at a news conference, calling it an “ambush-type” attack.

The deputies responded to a complaint at a suburban apartment complex in Douglas County, about 16 miles south of Denver, shortly after 5 a.m. MST (noon GMT), Spurlock said.

Immediately after the five officers entered the apartment, the suspect, who was in a bedroom, began firing, killing Deputy Zackari Parrish, 29, and injuring the four others.

“When he was shot and went down, the other officers went down right around him and they tried to pull him out, but were unable to because of their injuries,” Spurlock said. Parrish had been on the force for only seven months.

Police initially thought the call was about domestic violence but it turned out to be complaint of a loud disturbance in the apartment, the sheriff said.

The suspect, who Spurlock believed was in the apartment with at least one other person, fired more than 100 rounds before he was shot by police.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have difficulty saying RIP and especially for a man of 29 years age. If its possible, rest in peace sir. Good riddance to this year and we can hope the next will be a improvement.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sheriff Tony Spurlock

“All of them were shot very, very quickly and they all went down almost within seconds of each other,” Spurlock told reporters at a news conference, calling it an “ambush-type” attack.

The deputies responded to a complaint at a suburban apartment complex in Douglas County, about 16 miles south of Denver, shortly after 5 a.m. MST (noon GMT), Spurlock said.

Immediately after the five officers entered the apartment, the suspect, who was in a bedroom, began firing, killing Deputy Zackari Parrish, 29, and injuring the four others.

“When he was shot and went down, the other officers went down right around him and they tried to pull him out, but were unable to because of their injuries,” Spurlock said. Parrish had been on the force for only seven months.

Police initially thought the call was about domestic violence but it turned out to be complaint of a loud disturbance in the apartment, the sheriff said.

The suspect, who Spurlock believed was in the apartment with at least one other person, fired more than 100 rounds before he was shot by police.

This was just a cold, calculated ambush. The shooter wanted to take out as many cops as he could and started shooting as soon as the deputies made entry.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who were shot and especially to the family and friends of Deputy Parrish. He was only 29.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/31/...ots-fired/index.html

It was the second time deputies had gone to the apartment Sunday. There was a noise complaint call about 1:30 a.m., but when deputies arrived there was no noise, Spurlock said.

The second call came in as a domestic disturbance, and deputies entered the apartment. During discussions with the suspect and his male roommate about the noise, the shooter slipped into a bedroom.

At some point, the suspect fired a quick succession of shots.

"They all went down within almost seconds of each other"

The suspect was killed almost two hours later during a shootout with a tactical team, the sheriff said.

Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
3 to 4 miles from my house Frown

Shooters YouTube channel (uploaded videos):
Matthew Riehl

Pass down the gaming videos and there are supposed to be some anti-sheriff / anti-police videos. Surprised Youtube hasn't taken it down yet.

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
And people wonder why officers now look and act more like Spec Ops Operators than Barney Fife.

Thoughts and prayers are with the officers, families, and the departments.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The gunman, who allegedly killed a deputy and injured four other officers after firing 100 rounds in an 'ambush attack' in Colorado, was an Iraq War veteran who posted a YouTube video earlier this month claiming he was trying to unseat his local sheriff.

Matthew Riehl, 37, was identified as the gunman by local news station Denver 7, which cited 'two informed law enforcement sources'.

During the Sunday morning attack deputy Zackari Parrish, 29, was shot dead while responding to a verbal disturbance call around 5.15am.

Deputy Mike Doyle, 28, Deputy Taylor Davis, 30, Deputy Jeffrey Pelle, 32, - all of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office - and 41-year-old Castle Rock Police Officer Tom O'Donnell were injured.

Douglas County Sheriff Tony Spurlock revealed at a press conference Sunday afternoon that all of the officers are in stable condition.

Riehl, who has yet to be publicly named by authorities, was shot dead by a joint task force unit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ts-fired-Denver.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Another sad day. Prayers for all concerned.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...against-sheriff.html

Authorities had been to Riehl's home earlier in response to a complaint of a "verbal disturbance" involving two men, the sheriff's office said. One of the men told them the suspect "was acting bizarre and might be having a mental breakdown" but the deputies found no evidence of a crime.

When deputies were called back, a man who had left came by to give them a key and granted permission to enter the home, leaving again before shots were fired.

"The suspect was just making a ton of noise and annoying everyone around him," Spurlock said.

Four officers, including Parrish, were shot from a bedroom around 6 a.m., forcing the retreat. A SWAT team entered the apartment at about 7:30 a.m. in an exchange of gunfire that left the gunman dead and another officer injured.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My sister in law lives next door to a deputy in that department. Fortunately he is ok. His wife is a survivor of Columbine and a really sweet kid. We have gotten to know them on our trips out there. I will be sure to pass on your prayers to them.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I watched some of Riehl's videos.

He appeared to be either mentally unstable or on drugs. Perhaps both.

Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
The slain deputy, Zachary Parrish, is from Houston. Prayers for his wife, 2 kids, and family.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
10-7. End of Watch. Deputy Parrish has answered his last Call for Service.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Matthew Riehl was a University of Wyoming law school graduate with no criminal history.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...no-criminal-history/

I posted above that from his videos, he was either mentally unstable or on drugs

now this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/c...unter-with-deputies/

The man who shot and killed a Douglas County deputy spent hours videotaping himself and posting to social media in the hours leading up to the shooting. CBS Denver reports that he also taped the violent confrontation that left Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy Zackari Parrish dead.

Prior to his death, Riehl recorded hours of his own rambling and incoherent conversations and uploaded them to social media.

Riehl, wearing a University of Wyoming beanie, seems to talk to himself and social media viewers in disjointed, nonsensical diatribes.

He apparently contacted police regarding domestic problems with another man who Riehl identifies on tape as his "domestic partner."

When two deputies initially arrive at Riehl's door, the entrance is barricaded by a chair. But Riehl shouts at police,"I'm coming out. I don't have any guns on me."

Douglas County deputies quietly try to talk to Riehl who demands a restraining order against his domestic partner claiming, "I was assaulted."

But Riehl quickly ends the conversation and goes back into his apartment telling deputies to "go away," saying he wanted the "civil division."

When deputies later return, Riehl again talks to at least one deputy through a closed door. The suspect can he heard asking the deputy, "What's your name?" and then opens fire immediately and numerous shots can be heard.

"Get the F out of here… Get out, leave me alone… Why are you here? You don't have a warrant," shouts Riehl before unleashing another volley of shots.

"They broke my door… they broke my door in… Why?" shouts Riehl.

"Leave me alone… leave me alone," he repeats. "I said go away. I pay rent. I want civil. Get me civil. Look what they did to my door."

"Where's the warrant?" Riehl continually shouts, "Where's your warrant?"

At this point, Riehl is aware he has shot Deputy Parrish.

"I pay rent… I pay rent!" shouts Riehl. "Look what they did to my door… somebody's dead out there," he shouts.

At this point, Riehl can be seen wearing a gas mask and his words are more muffled.

"You broke in, you're dead," said Riehl. "I told you, where's your warrant, where's your warrant?"

Several people who saw the video livestreamed notified both law enforcement and the social media website and the videos have since been taken down.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more on Riehl w video of him talking to police and then audio of him screaming at them as he fired at them.

Gun shots seem to be filtered over.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ng-murder-gay-lover/

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I hate this crap. So sorry for these men and their families.

What is it about the Denver area? Wasn't this very near Columbine?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post